eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can only guess the reason being over saturation, or the fear thereof, is keeping them from these and other markets.

Had they not hit these cities with JT30 last year it's hard to imagine these locations skipped this time around.

Then again, they did skip the entire SE for the 2015 run.

I'm not sure why they didnt tour Europe first for this tour.
U2 only played a paltry 12 gigs in Europe last year compared to about 30 in the US .

There is more demand in Europe for gigs ,they should have played Europe first ,then gone back to the US in the Fall when demand would have picked up .

I can only guess the reason being over saturation, or the fear thereof, is keeping them from these and other markets.

Had they not hit these cities with JT30 last year it's hard to imagine these locations skipped this time around.

Then again, they did skip the entire SE for the 2015 run.
Why is it hard to imagine, when you consider how they toured Innocence?

Why is it hard to imagine, when you consider how they toured Innocence?

Hard to imagine them skipping the SE for the I&E tour -- and IF they had skipped the SE for the JT30 tour -- it would be hard to imagine them skipping the SE for a third tour in a row.

Wow! 24 shows only.Even smaller than the 1st leg of the Vertigo tour (28 shows)

But i can't imagine Live nation/U2 leaving 2 big gap in the N.A. leg of the tour (5 days between L.A. 2 and Chicago 1+ 7 days between Atlanta and Montreal 1)

Last edited:
I'm curious to know if the descision to start in N.A. it's a Live Nation or a U2 call?

The 28 shows for the Vertigo tour was do to the fact that Edge had family health issue that changed the plan of the tour.

This E&I tour is a new tour for a new album.

.....24 shows looks...awkward.
They're coming off a stadium leg, and they'll tour Europe and the rest of the world before a return to the US (maybe) in 2019 for one last run.

You're reading too much into this, or just looking for something negative.

But i can't imagine Live nation/U2 leaving 2 big gap in the N.A. leg of the tour (5 days between L.A. 2 and Chicago 1+ 7 days between Atlanta and Montreal 1)

This isn't abnormal. Vertigo had a gap of over a week between Vancouver and Chicago in April/May 2005, over a week between Milwaukee and Boston in September/October 2005, ten days between Oakland and Anaheim in June 2011, a week between Montreal and Chicago in June 2015, a week between Cologne and London in October 2015, a week between Dallas and Chicago in May/June this year, and over a week between San Diego and Mexico City in September/October this year.

And that's just the gaps of at least a week. I could've listed more if I had lowered the threshold to 5 days like you used. The band take a short break mid-leg sometimes - or it's just how venue availability and transport work out.

They're coming off a stadium leg, and they'll tour Europe and the rest of the world before a return to the US (maybe) in 2019 for one last run.

You're reading too much into this, or just looking for something negative.

Exactly. They played 30 stadium shows in North America last year, so it's hardly surprising the arena tour schedule next year looks light. If Europe looks light, that will be much more significant since they underplayed Europe this year.

Why are people assuming it's only 24 shows for this leg? Isn't there still a lot of time for them to announce some more? (Or did they announce these as the "2 final dates for this leg" or something like that?)

They certainly could announce a few more shows, but generally speaking they would have been announced by now.

The LA2 announcement was delayed enough to be indicative of softer-than-expected ticket sales. Odd to think they'll end the US leg with a single date in NJ but eh.

Regarding the recent health scare.

@u2songs
Bono says he can't get away with talking about it where he comes from, and he doesn't "have the courage" to talk about it. #U2Stern
9:36 AM - 4 Dec 2017

I hate speculating... but wow, that could indeed be pretty personal then.

No dice for me in Citi presale or todays public sale for Chicago 2. I guess I'll hope for ticket drops the week of the show or bite the bullet and pay the scalpers. I'm kind of set in my ways on GA floor at this point. I did think about grabbing some seats in the lower bowl at the rear corner of the stage as they were in the $76 price range, but decided to hold out on getting floor tickets somehow someway.

They certainly could announce a few more shows, but generally speaking they would have been announced by now.

All of the most recent tours have had at least one extra city added late, so it certainly could happen. That Kentucky gig sticks out, for example. And the city with the honour of the last show in Europe 2010 and North America 2011 changed a couple of times.

Regarding the recent health scare.

@u2songs
Bono says he can't get away with talking about it where he comes from, and he doesn't "have the courage" to talk about it. #U2Stern
9:36 AM - 4 Dec 2017

I hate speculating... but wow, that could indeed be pretty personal then.

I look forward to us all finding out in ten years that Bono just stubbed his toe and was too embarrassed to admit to his wife or kids why he was crying so he made up an elaborate ruse.

I look forward to us all finding out in ten years that Bono just stubbed his toe and was too embarrassed to admit to his wife or kids why he was crying so he made up an elaborate ruse.

I'd really love it if it were that though. :lol:

Btw, I probably meant to post this in either the Stern or promo thread, but did so here by mistake.

Why the delay on Europe dates? Are we expecting an announcement soon?

Easy to get 2 GA floors just now for the 2nd LA show using my "2nd week" U2.com code sent out to those who posted on the Zootopia thread. I'm in the Innocence group but the 2nd week code works for today's Experience presale. 15 minutes in, still plenty of Red Zone and GAs available, show seems to be selling slowly.

Immediate sellout of NYC2 once it hits general onsale? Uh huh, sure. Plenty of "verified resale" tix available.

I also think there will be a 2nd Atlanta show, but the venue seems to be handling the sales rather than TM, so it may be done differently.

I do think that they COULD come back for another round in NA in 2019, but they are gonna have to give up the $300 upper level tickets if they want to sell out a show in places like Tulsa and St. Louis.

I gotta say, I prefer U2 in stadiums for the simple fact that there are more affordable tickets available. I didn't pull the trigger on the Indy show until a week before, and I was able to get decent tix for $80.

I also think there will be a 2nd Atlanta show, but the venue seems to be handling the sales rather than TM, so it may be done differently.

I do think that they COULD come back for another round in NA in 2019, but they are gonna have to give up the $300 upper level tickets if they want to sell out a show in places like Tulsa and St. Louis.

I gotta say, I prefer U2 in stadiums for the simple fact that there are more affordable tickets available. I didn't pull the trigger on the Indy show until a week before, and I was able to get decent tix for $80.
I'm with ya... I prefer stadiums as well.

I'm with ya... I prefer stadiums as well.

Is this Eli? That makes a lot of sense if you're actually Eli Manning.

I hate stadiums so much. I enjoyed POP. I've enjoyed football games. But arena -- smaller the better -- is always so much better to me in every way.

Back
Top Bottom