eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the maps that are available it seems to be the tickets that are left are the ones at the back in the 4 corners

I am seeing a lot available from row 5 and up in 211 to 201 (stage left to front center) and 236 all the way around to 225 (front center to stage right) - all $330 tickets.

You can get as low as Row 2 in 205 and 231.

Then there are the $176 and lower tickets from 212-224 which circle around the back of the stage.

It also doesn't look like they have lifted the verified fan requirement either.

On Stub Hub I already see uppers priced at below face, with fees they probably come out to face value.

Just a bad pricing structure, combined with the mess that is the Verified Fan experience.

Looks like lots of tix still available for LA, mostly the overpriced $330 seats in the upper sections. Need to drop the prices.

I don't really understand what they're doing with the pricing. it was odd two years ago, seems even odder now.

I don't really understand what they're doing with the pricing. it was odd two years ago, seems even odder now.

Regarding LA:

I sort of blame this on the Rolling Stones. Back in 2013, they priced their tickets to what they were selling on the secondary market. Which equated to $600 for lower level arena shows at The Honda Center (AKA The Pond). This effectively kills the secondary market for the better seats and high priced tickets.

What they did differently was price the upper levels more cheaply - basically those who purchased the lower level seats subsidized the tickets up top. The Stones get their money, and its no big loss if someone wants to pay a premium to sit in the rafters - especially at big arenas like The Honda Center, Staples Center, etc.

The difference here is The Forum isn't as big, and there's no price break unless you are willing to sit to the extreme side or behind the stage. It seems they attempted to kill the secondary market with the flawed execution of the VF approach and pricing.

On another note, my wife and her mom went to see Adele at Staples. For that show, they didn't send tickets if you purchased a ticket in the lower bowl. They had to bring the same credit card used to purchase tickets for admission. It was an interesting approach.

Last edited:
On another note, my wife and her mom went to see Adele at Staples. For that show, they didn't send tickets if you purchased a ticket in the lower bowl. They had to bring the same credit card used to purchase tickets for admission. It was an interesting approach.

U2 used that (paperless entry) in 2015 for the GA tickets and this past summer for GA and some prime seats on the JT tour.

U2 used that (paperless entry) in 2015 for the GA tickets and this past summer for GA and some prime seats on the JT tour.

Thanks.. I wasn’t really in the market for the U2 tours the last few go arounds so I didn’t keep up with the policies. I wonder how effective that is in achieving their goal of “real fans” getting tickets. There were still seats for Adele on the resale sites.

Thanks.. I wasn’t really in the market for the U2 tours the last few go arounds so I didn’t keep up with the policies. I wonder how effective that is in achieving their goal of “real fans” getting tickets. There were still seats for Adele on the resale sites.

There are ways resellers get around paperless just like they always figure a way around things.
It seemed to do a decent job at reducing the scalping of GA in 2015 (and made it difficult for fans to resell at face to other fans as well), but nothing will ever eliminate the problem entirely.

Just got an email from U2.com with a presale code for tomorrow, even though I'm in the Innocence group. It seems others that posted on Zootopia that were having issues received it as well.

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

We understand you had difficulty securing tickets in the week 1 presales for the band’s 2018 shows.

As we emailed you last week, we are inviting you to take part in the opening day of presales for recently announced 2nd shows in Las Vegas (May 12th), Chicago (May 23rd), Montreal (June 6th), Philadelphia (June 14th), Washington (June 18th), Boston (June 22nd) and New York City (June 26th).

Below is a unique presale access code you can use for presales starting tomorrow, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28 at 10am local. Presales end on Thursday, Nov. 30 at 5pm local

I also just got the U2.com email about being included in the first wave of ticket sales tomorrow. I'm gonna hold my cards close and pass on the 2nd Vegas show hoping that a 2nd LA show gets added in the next couple weeks.

If you used your subscriber allotment of 2, you can go for the Citi or regular Verified onsale. I don't think there's anything stopping you there save for suspicious algorithms.

That's what I think too. I don't have Citi card because who the fuck has one of those? Oh my wife maybe. Does she? I don't want to ask her.

The Monday / Tuesday NYC shows are a killer for this displaced New Yorker. Going to be the first U2 NYC run in 17 years that I'm going to miss.

Very happy about the two DC shows though.

Last tour I was in UES near I think where you lived (at least at one time you mentioned it I think to me) and now for this one I'm in CT. And I feel very displaced.

You're in DC now? Oh boy.

Update -- my wife does have a CitiCard but she says I can't use it. Marriage is fun!

giphy.gif

That's what I think too. I don't have Citi card because who the fuck has one of those? Oh my wife maybe. Does she? I don't want to ask her.

I was surprised to find a Citi logo on my SEARS MasterCard, of all things! To be sure, I did an online chat on the account website, and the moderator confirmed that I would be eligible for the presale - further confirmed by the two GAs I purchased for Boston1 with the card. Go figure.

Hoping to score a set of GAs for Boston2 in Thursday's presale... :reject:

But have you pre-registered to be verified for the Citi presale? Otherwise robbing Emma was pointless.

I did -- but HOW DID YOU KNOW MY WIFE'S REAL NAME???? Ironically your handle is Bono's real name. Creepy!

I am. I heard this is the place to be for brash, douchebag New Yorkers now.

Well can only assume you work in the great biz of politics -- so here's a political question as a Pats fan --

HOW THE FUCK COULD THEY BENCH ELI "2 super bowls over brady that broke my heart" MANNING FOR GENO "J-E-T-S" SMITH?

Boston2 Citi presale: Looks like TM is jammed up. After being offered sets of seats around the arena (no GAs), now just getting "Sorry, there was an error with search. Try again later."

I was able to get 2 GA tickets to Night 2 in DC during the Citi on-sale. Even though I had success, it doesn't negate my feeling that they should make these tickets available to fan club members first. I got shut out in the Innocence pre-sale for the very same show yesterday. That's still frustrating despite my good fortune today.

I got tickets in the presale today for 2nd shows. I got cheap shitty seats. I also "may have" paid for them with a different CC than the one they wanted me to pay for. So just saying....

Back
Top Bottom