European Set Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They didn't soundcheck Dirty Day. A raw version of it was done by drum/bass/guitar technicians.

They didn't soundcheck Dirty Day. A raw version of it was done by drum/bass/guitar technicians.
I don't think anyone really knows where the rumor they were rehearsing it came from, nor does anyone really know where the rumor it was just a tech came from.

So who knows.

It's as equally possible that a) they never rehearsed it at all, as b) they did and someone asked a tech (cause nobody actually saw it) and the tech lied

2015 dvd war horse songs that would be off limits
I will follow, vertigo, sunday bloody sunday, until the end of the world, real thing, mysterious ways, elevation, pride, blinding lights, one, beautiful day
If joshua tree was in play, then also off limits
streets, wowy, bullet

1 Blackout
2 Lights of Home
3 Out of Control / 11 Oclock
4 Gloria
5 Discoteque
6 Zoo Station
7 Stay
8 Unforgettable Fire
9 Wild Horses
10 The Fly
New Intermission video
11 HMTMKMKM for real
12 Red Flag Day
13 All Because of You
14 Acrobat
15 Best Thing
16 Summer of Love
17 Staring at the Sun
18 Gone
19 New Years Day
20 Get Out of Your Own Way
ENCORE
21 Landlady
22 Love is Bigger
23 All I Want Is You / Bad
24 13
25 Love is All We Have Left

So it could be done. They have plenty of good songs, just can't ignore POP. That setlist is would only require a couple "new" songs to be worked out. They have nearly a month to work with. They've already played most of those live this year. This was just a quick throw together. Have at it with the criticism:wave:

I don't think anyone really knows where the rumor they were rehearsing it came from, nor does anyone really know where the rumor it was just a tech came from.

So who knows.

It's as equally possible that a) they never rehearsed it at all, as b) they did and someone asked a tech (cause nobody actually saw it) and the tech lied

This comes from people who heard it in the GA line in Milan. The original source was at U2Start, where a lot of people who post attend plenty of European shows. Maybe they're wrong. Maybe it's a confirmed rumour.

I'd like to hear that song live, but so far, there is hardly any indication it was the band playing the song.

Last edited:
This comes from people who heard it in the GA line in Milan. The original source was at U2Start, where a lot of people who post attend plenty of European shows. Maybe they're wrong. Maybe it's a confirmed rumour.

I'd like to hear that song live, but so far, there is hardly any indication it was the band playing the song.
I mean sure, but if they weren't in the building, how do they know who played it and who didn't? They can't see the stage...

If you take "no 2015 songs" literally- which is unlikely but who knows, here's what I'd go with:

1) The Blackout
2) Lights of home
3) Gloria
4) A Sort of Homecoming
5) Unforgettable Fire
6) Zoo Station
7) Trying to throw your arms around the world
8) Stay
9)Who's gonna ride your wild horses
---------------------------INTERMISSION------------------------------
10) Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
11) The fly
12) The showman
13) Acrobat
14) Best Thing
15) All I want is you
16) Summer of Love
17) Like a song
18) Red Flag Day
19) Get out of your own way
20) Magnificent/Ode to joy
21) New Year's Day
------------------------------END OF THE MAIN SET----------------------------
22) Please
23) Love is bigger
24) Still Haven't found what I'm looking for/stand by me
25) 13(there is a light)

-Break the JT rule to get another mega hit in there.

-Please from Pop is long overdue.

-The only reach is "Like A Song" and they can handle that with some work, i'm sure. Everything from 1980-1983 has sounded very good live on recent tours.

They're doing my favourites from inside the screen. Just when I thought I had my standing spot all figured out.

Sooo happy getting too see these 2 tracks LIVE last night..!!!! Was in Block 215 Row N seat number 1 paid £111 & has too be the best view ive ever had bang inline with the screen anyone in that Block tonight enjoy its a great view

They're attempting to turn one of their rockingest songs into an opportunity for woefully mistimed speechifying. No amount of work can save it apart from abandoning the idea and playing the song as it's meant to be played.

They're attempting to turn one of their rockingest songs into an opportunity for woefully mistimed speechifying. No amount of work can save it apart from abandoning the idea and playing the song as it's meant to be played.

But it’s gotta be part of THE NARRATIVE!!! Otherwise, it doesn’t warrant inclusion in the setlist. Also, am I the only one who thinks it’s weird that Bono is still going on about what an asshole his father was, 17 years after his death, in a very public way.

I get that his mother’s death and his father being an ass are what pushed him towards being the person that he is today. Just seems a little strange to still be harping on about it. Deep wounds, I guess.

Last edited:

It's definitely in the speech accompanied by music category a la MLK and Scarlet on 360 and The Ocean earlier on this tour. Would not have expected that of Dirty Day, but they're doing some cool stuff with it (Edge being the voice of Bono's dad is a cool effect). Too much speech and not enough lyrics, but I'll take it since the alternative is a speech with no music before Zoo Station.

Back
Top Bottom