Augmented Reality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is great news if true. Full list of album songs never played live from U2 gigs:

Stranger in a Strange Land
Is That All?
Red Light
The Refugee
Drowning Man
Promenade
4th of July
Elvis Presley and America
Heartland
Acrobat
Some Days are Better than Others
Playboy Mansion
Peace on Earth
When I Look at the World
Grace
One Step Closer
Stand Up Comedy
Fez-Being Born
White as Snow
Cedars of Lebanon
Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
This is Where You Can Reach Me Now

Not to mention many b-sides and non-album tracks, but it's quicker to list those ones that have been played.

Of the album songs, the only ones that seem realistic to me are Drowning Man, Acrobat, and Reach Around. They wouldn't be hard to play, and would be enjoyable even for audience members unfamiliar with them.

But then we do know that U2 have rehearsed Playboy Mansion and One Step Closer in recent years, so they're probably digging out 4th of July and EPAA.

All true.

From memory, the ditching of Playboy Mansion and OSC seemed to coincide with the ditching of the orchestra and the idea of two completely different nights in the original tour. Maybe they were part of the experience story they didn’t get to tell in 2015?

Possible, yeah. I actually didn't mind pairing Bullet with One Step Closer. Much better than that Hands shit anyway.

Longer shows needs to happen given the money they are charging.

My first reaction to them playing rarities was 'yeah right' but then thinking about it maybe the JT tour has given them the confidence to bust out rarely played (and even never played) songs.

Maybe we'll get a tour for once that doesn't ignore vast amounts of their history.

Last edited:
A good 3-4 months out form the release, and I am holding firm on my belief that this is their best album since at least Pop. time will tell if I like it more than Pop, which would mean that for me it is their best since Achtung Baby. I am very excited to see what they play on this tour regardless, but the prospect of rarities, never before played songs and longer sets mean this will be a special event.

They'd better bloody come to Australia! and play arenas.

Even if it's "longer" I don't think they'd go beyond 2 and a half hours, which is only 15-20 minutes longer than i&E, really.

I highly doubt we're seeing longer setlists. The writer probably just inferred that "Oh, no opener...must be longer sets!" without realizing that these guys are p lazy.

Then again, I+E did get a few super-sized shows near the end though, so what do I know

The market demands the rarities and longer sets with today's instant media/reviews (Twitter, Youtube). In a way they delivered the rarities with the JT Tour. Maybe they got the confidence they needed to do more from that tour.

I think they could do 2.5-3 hrs. With an extra encore break.

Prices are expensive too. Give the diehards and general fans their money's worth.

Exciting!!

Last edited:
Will Edge be playing the guitar right next to you in the audience? Or will the lyrics of a song or other animations fly through the air? The flood from UTEOTW through the audience in stead of on the screen.

Anyway I imagine we will have to use our cell phones for the experience? Curious how it's going to wotk in a live setting.

Back
Top Bottom