Apollo Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now we need someone to edit RFD back into the longer show file; even with a temp quality drop I'd like to hear the show as it happened.

Add in the EBW goof-up too.

It was funny to hear the crowd start laughing at him.

No mainstream live album since 1983. That needs to change ASAP. Plenty of video, but we need more audio.

Technically we got the Live in Paris show on the JT Deluxe release last year, but yeah, it's not great.

I saw Grateful Dead last week and every ticket sold gets you access to an mp3 of the soundboard right after. Obviously makes more sense for an act like that vs. U2 but they don't have to be nearly as stingy about their live stuff as they are...

What an amazing performance this is. The band sounds perfect, Bono nails it, that amazing extended outro... wow.

that is a great version. the only thing i think it could use is bono playing the chords (i know he can't really anymore), it would have filled out the guitar sound a lot better. edge did great though on his own.

It's very good, but I'd still take the full band Vertigo version. Edge's soloing puts it a cut above.

If only they had added that Vertigo solo in...if only!

PS Dan - has anyone ever found a good copy of that version? That video you shared is so muddy. I had another but it wasn't much better. I really really love that solo.

No mainstream live album since 1983. That needs to change ASAP. Plenty of video, but we need more audio.

Well, since 1983 technically we’ve had...

R&H: part live
U218: live Milan 2006
U2 Live in Dublin 1989: Box set 2004
U2 Live in Boston 1981: Box set 2004
U2 Live in Mexico City 1997: Box set 2004
U2 Live in Paris 1987: iTunes release 2007
U2 Live in NY 1987: JY rerelease 2017

And the singles w/ live B sides and EPs (everything from the Popheart EP to Wide Awake in Europe).

Plus the fan club releases (u2.communication, U2 Go Home, Zooropa 93, U22, Edge’s Picks, Live from London).

And then, yes - the DVDs (which I believe Bono once said had replaced the Live album).

So they’ve actually put out a fair amount of live content over the years.

And the singles w/ live B sides and EPs (everything from the Popheart EP to Wide Awake in Europe).

Plus the fan club releases (u2.communication, U2 Go Home, Zooropa 93, U22, Edge’s Picks, Live from London).

And then, yes - the DVDs (which I believe Bono once said had replaced the Live album).

Yup.

U22 alone was a pretty big coup in the long-term scheme of things. A lot of songs without soundboard quality versions were put out there.

2005 version of WGRYWH is pretty damn epic.

I like the latest version (love the song in general) but the one thing about this song, to me, is Bono needs to sing & have that swagger to him. Hard to explain but he's not going for the 'Bono' type performance at the Apollo or Tulsa. Could be its towards the end of the set not the middle.

You’re not wrong.

https://youtu.be/j3ARxCvMrC8

After this performance, it should have become a warhorse, and we should be complaining about being sick of it in the live show by now. Such a shame we don’t have a soundboard version of this.

If only they had added that Vertigo solo in...if only!

PS Dan - has anyone ever found a good copy of that version? That video you shared is so muddy. I had another but it wasn't much better. I really really love that solo.

The performance I have in my iTunes is from the Amsterdam show if I’m not mistaken; should be the same version, and maybe in better quality?

I don't deny these pieces of content (some of it is quite good), but a lot of these are box sets and b-sides. None of these got the kind of push Under a Blood Red Sky got. Plus, the box set 2004 material is very hard to track down these days ( I have yet to find any of it on Apple Music. If it's there, please let me know because I'd actually like to listen to it)

It would be awesome if we got a full live album right after each tour, paired with the live videos they've been so good at giving us. Similar to what Coldplay does - each of their concert films have had a tie-in album,.

Last concert dvd included songs from a band who turned out to be POS so let’s leave that part out.

Back
Top Bottom