Apollo Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you can go back and watch sarah woods' scope and it picks up at electric co, which is great because you don't have to see i will follow

One of the little interview clips on Sirius has Bono saying he found it hard to sing Horses now because while it was originally a break-up song, he now hears the lyrics as a father to a daughter.

SUCK IT UP AND PLAY IT ANYWAY, YOU SAPPY BASTARD.
... the whole fucking show is about him dying

giphy.gif

Great setlist, sounds like an awesome show.

Quite a few flubs though, which is awkward given the SiriusXM push.

So they played a great show with zero Joshua Tree or War album songs and only one deep cut from Achtung Baby....

Wow. Just saw some of periscope. Band and crowd looked really into it. U2 (especially Larry) seem really into these performances. Guess there happy not playing JT songs?

Just got back to the hotel after getting some late nite grub post show. It was an insanely good show and raw. Honestly just balls out amazing. No special effects. No LED screens. Just a simple back drop with spot lights. They were all on tonight, too many smiles to count. We were on the rail far right by Adam.

We really need to get to bed but just a few thoughts- the opening of IWF/ Electric Co/ Out of Control/ Red Flag Day is just so damn good.

Also a great transition from EBW into Wild Horses, worked amazingly well.

Edge walked off the stage prematurely going into one of the encore breaks and the other three were still taking a bow on stage. They were laughing their asses off at him and he came back out. We joked to each other they almost broke up right there LOL

Maybe the most jaw dropping moment which no one knew about at least in our area was the special horn section which was revealed behind the backdrop some 6’ - 8’ above the back stage area, up behind Larry. After Angel Harlem/ Desire/ When love comes to town & I believe stuck as well, the entire band gave them a lot of love & Larry shook his head in positive amazement like a Wow moment at how great those horn players were. Really felt the soul come through in that part of the setlist for Harlem & the Apollo Theater. Never thought I’d ever hear Desire w/ horns but it worked.

The re-arrangement of Bono’s vocal for WLCTT was a great build up and at first you kind of wondered if he’d keep singing in a lower key and not reach for the higher vocals, but then he did and it really was a great rendition, maybe coolest version I’ve heard without B.B. King.

Finally on a personal note, got to talk for a good chunk of time with Bill Flanagan & Dave Fanning over to the right of the stage before & after show, got to chat on sxm when they came around to talk to fans which I said something to the effect of it would be a dream if more of the hardcore fans could get to see a show like this; and was given a setlist by the soundboard guys which Dave Fanning signed & Dallas threw a 360 Tour pick (go figure?!) to my wife. It was just bonkers.

Gonna pass out now :crack:

Last edited:
Overall, better than I expected re setlist.

Still, missed opportunities re not playing Acrobat.

I also wish they left the Pride>GOOYOW>AS off and instead played some lesser played songs off SOE (Little Things, Landlady, SOL, Showman).

What an amazing show. Just got back home afterward. Opening = kickass. EBW -> Horses was friggin awesome. That Wild Horses ending was just awesome, Stuck for Bourdain very cool. I hope they adopt a couple of changes into the current set or at least more rotations. Crowd was super into it tonight.

Instagram stories caught some fool actually sitting at the show last night.

https://twitter.com/atu2comSherry/status/1006527800235450369

"some fool" :rolleyes: that's pretty fucking ignorant. not everyone who's sitting down at a show is having a bad time. maybe the guy has an injury or disability and can't stand up for long periods? could be why (it looks like) he was in the front row of the balcony, because maybe he really wanted to see the show but knew he wouldn't be able to stand up for the whole thing and didn't want rows of people standing in front of him for most of the concert.

but no let's put this "AH" on public blast because he wasn't being a good enough fan, or someshit. jfc.

this is the same thing kanye was eviscerated here for doing when he told everyone at his show to stand up and called out some guy who it turned out had a disability. but bono's daughter is doing it so now it's fine apparently. fuck this ignorant bullshit.

"some fool" :rolleyes: that's pretty fucking ignorant. not everyone who's sitting down at a show is having a bad time. maybe the guy has an injury or disability and can't stand up for long periods? could be why (it looks like) he was in the front row of the balcony, because maybe he really wanted to see the show but knew he wouldn't be able to stand up for the whole thing and didn't want rows of people standing in front of him for most of the concert.

but no let's put this "AH" on public blast because he wasn't being a good enough fan, or someshit. jfc.

this is the same thing kanye was eviscerated here for doing when he told everyone at his show to stand up and called out some guy who it turned out had a disability. but bono's daughter is doing it so now it's fine apparently. fuck this ignorant bullshit.

yeah didn't B-man shout at a guy during Vertigo promo tour for sitting down, and turned out the guy was disabled and B-man had to apologise profusely afterwards? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom