Any word on ticket prices for 2018 shows? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 05:14 PM
Any word on ticket prices for 2018 shows?

Particularly general admission?
I assume they'll be the same as the Joshua Tree tour, roughly.
I've seen a range of prices listed, but no individual breakdown of tiers or locations.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:20 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:14 PM
80 plus fees for GA

Old 11-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

These are prices at Capital One Arena in DC. I'm assuming other venues will be similar

$329 + $35 service charge = side 100s and 200s

$175 + $20 service charge = side 400s

$110 + $15 service charge = corner 100s, 200s, upper 400s

$80 + $10 service charge = GA, select limited view 100s

$45 + $10 service charge = select limited view 100s and 400s
Old 11-01-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Wow and I thought the fees for Aussie gigs were bad. $35?!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:14 AM
How much are Red Zone tickets?
Old 11-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Don't know. Want on the list I have.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:52 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:14 AM
I'm thinking about splurging and doing Red Zone next time, unless it turns out they're way more expensive than I thought.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #8
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
These are prices at Capital One Arena in DC. I'm assuming other venues will be similar

$329 + $35 service charge = side 100s and 200s

$175 + $20 service charge = side 400s

$110 + $15 service charge = corner 100s, 200s, upper 400s

$80 + $10 service charge = GA, select limited view 100s

$45 + $10 service charge = select limited view 100s and 400s
Outrageous prices ,that Oseary guy really is a slimeball.

I dont know why they are bothering with the Verified fan thing ,the boys are the ones doing the scalping here.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:07 PM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 12:14 PM
Bruce is charging 850 bucks face value to see him on Broadway for 2 hours for some seats. And he sold out fyi. I thought of buying a 300 single ticket -- I got verified, but I couldn't pull the trigger and my reasoning was I'd rather spend 300 bucks on a few U2 shows in GA... also I like Bruce a lot, but his Broadway show really feels that it's for die hards (and rich people).

Point is, I watch people spend 5bucks on coffee each day or 14 bucks on cigarettes (is it more now, I don't smoke), 15 dollars on a beer at a ballgame, 45 dollars on Dominos for dinner and then complain when a concert cost too much for maybe the world's most popular band.

There are cheaper bands. But if you love U2 and they are you're favorite band, than it's worth it.

Also, as always, if they make the tickets FREE let's say, people would still complain because then non fans would go to the show. If they made them all $35, well now scalpers can buy even more tickets than before. Yes, I wish all big U2 fans could go for as cheap as possible and charge the drunk asshole in row 4 with the BMW 5 times what it should be, but that's not how it works. There is no perfect formula for prices that would make all happy.

Outrageous prices are when you get medical bills that you can't pay for something you needed to not die. You can choose not to pay 1 cent to see U2.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #10
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
Bruce is charging 850 bucks face value to see him on Broadway for 2 hours for some seats. And he sold out fyi.

Point is, I watch people spend 5bucks on coffee each day or 14 bucks on cigarettes (is it more now, I don't smoke), 15 dollars on a beer at a ballgame, 45 dollars on Dominos for dinner and then complain when a concert cost too much for maybe the world's most popular band.

There are cheaper bands. But if you love U2 and they are you're favorite band, than it's worth it.

Also, as always, if they make the tickets FREE let's say, people would still complain because then non fans would go to the show. If they made them all $35, well now scalpers can buy even more tickets than before. Yes, I wish all big U2 fans could go for as cheap as possible and charge the drunk asshole in row 4 with the BMW 5 times what it should be, but that's not how it works. There is no perfect formula for prices that would make all happy.

Outrageous prices are when you get medical bills that you can't pay for something you needed to not die. You can choose not to pay 1 cent to see U2.
I hear what you are saying but ,No it's not worth $360 ,to see any band ,I simply will not pay that .
I like U2 and go to see them every tour but I usually only go for standing tickets as they are good value.
But lets face it the boys are going through the motions the last few tours ,its soft money for them.

I live in Europe so ticket prices here are cheaper and I go to probably 40 gigs a year varying in price from 25 to 160 dollars .
I will never pay above 160 dollars(135 euro) for any band and I have seen massive acts up close ,usually only a few rows away .
My favourite gig this year ,I was front row and paid 35 euro to see Future Islands .
Bon Iver was 40 ,The National 60 .Pet Shop boys front row 75 euro.
Neil Diamond front row 115 euro,Rod Stewart fifth row 130 euro .Fleet Foxes 35 euro. Coldplay 110 euro ,The Killers 80 ,Queen 95 etc.
All very enjoyable gigs .

U2 for standing is good value @90 dollars but its a bit ridiculous pricing these tickets so low and the seats so high ,4 times as much .

Poor old Bruce needs the money ,its tough to make ends meet when you are a farmer .
Working man my eye.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

K
Old 11-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I kinda think they're going to have a hard time selling a lot of these expensive tickets. 1. Because the prices are so high and 2. Because they've really saturated most of these markets in the last few years. But they've got 6-8 months to sell these tickets, and when we get about a month out from the show, all the unsold expensive seats will get discounted so that they will sell. We saw this happen on the JT Tour a lot.

This pricing structure is about taking the money from the scalper's pocket and putting it in the pockets of the band/venue/seller/promotor etc. The Vertigo Tour had shows selling out in seconds, and then the aftermarket was flooded with tickets WAY above face value. Clearly, they were charging below what they were actually worth.

Even though I'm kind of OVER the whole GA floor experience, I'm gonna end up going for floor tickets. It's the only desirable option in the price range I'm willing to pay for. I don't think any of the other options are worth the money. For Indianapolis, I waited until a week before the show, and bought some very good discounted tickets in the lower bowl for half of what they originally cost. You can get away with that in a stadium, but it's much harder in arenas. I technically COULD afford the expensive tickets, but I think my wife would kill me if I paid $300 for one concert ticket.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #13
The Fly

At that prices,they better play at least 24-25 songs....not 21 like for TJT 2017.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:48 AM   #14
Refugee

The fact they're announcing these as single dates at a time makes me miss that initial hopefulness of varying setlists on the "pairs" during the early i+e tour promo.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #15
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
The fact they're announcing these as single dates at a time makes me miss that initial hopefulness of varying setlists on the "pairs" during the early i+e tour promo.

I went to two shows in Montreal because of that promise. We all know how that turned out. Still glad I went to both though!