Any word on ticket prices for 2018 shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adenoid_hynkel

The Fly
Particularly general admission?
I assume they'll be the same as the Joshua Tree tour, roughly.
I've seen a range of prices listed, but no individual breakdown of tiers or locations.

These are prices at Capital One Arena in DC. I'm assuming other venues will be similar

$329 + $35 service charge = side 100s and 200s

$175 + $20 service charge = side 400s

$110 + $15 service charge = corner 100s, 200s, upper 400s

$80 + $10 service charge = GA, select limited view 100s

$45 + $10 service charge = select limited view 100s and 400s

Wow and I thought the fees for Aussie gigs were bad. $35?!

I'm thinking about splurging and doing Red Zone next time, unless it turns out they're way more expensive than I thought.

These are prices at Capital One Arena in DC. I'm assuming other venues will be similar

$329 + $35 service charge = side 100s and 200s

$175 + $20 service charge = side 400s

$110 + $15 service charge = corner 100s, 200s, upper 400s

$80 + $10 service charge = GA, select limited view 100s

$45 + $10 service charge = select limited view 100s and 400s

Outrageous prices ,that Oseary guy really is a slimeball.

I dont know why they are bothering with the Verified fan thing ,the boys are the ones doing the scalping here.

Bruce is charging 850 bucks face value to see him on Broadway for 2 hours for some seats. And he sold out fyi. I thought of buying a 300 single ticket -- I got verified, but I couldn't pull the trigger and my reasoning was I'd rather spend 300 bucks on a few U2 shows in GA... also I like Bruce a lot, but his Broadway show really feels that it's for die hards (and rich people).

Point is, I watch people spend 5bucks on coffee each day or 14 bucks on cigarettes (is it more now, I don't smoke), 15 dollars on a beer at a ballgame, 45 dollars on Dominos for dinner and then complain when a concert cost too much for maybe the world's most popular band.

There are cheaper bands. But if you love U2 and they are you're favorite band, than it's worth it.

Also, as always, if they make the tickets FREE let's say, people would still complain because then non fans would go to the show. If they made them all $35, well now scalpers can buy even more tickets than before. Yes, I wish all big U2 fans could go for as cheap as possible and charge the drunk asshole in row 4 with the BMW 5 times what it should be, but that's not how it works. There is no perfect formula for prices that would make all happy.

Outrageous prices are when you get medical bills that you can't pay for something you needed to not die. You can choose not to pay 1 cent to see U2.

Last edited:
Bruce is charging 850 bucks face value to see him on Broadway for 2 hours for some seats. And he sold out fyi.

Point is, I watch people spend 5bucks on coffee each day or 14 bucks on cigarettes (is it more now, I don't smoke), 15 dollars on a beer at a ballgame, 45 dollars on Dominos for dinner and then complain when a concert cost too much for maybe the world's most popular band.

There are cheaper bands. But if you love U2 and they are you're favorite band, than it's worth it.

Also, as always, if they make the tickets FREE let's say, people would still complain because then non fans would go to the show. If they made them all $35, well now scalpers can buy even more tickets than before. Yes, I wish all big U2 fans could go for as cheap as possible and charge the drunk asshole in row 4 with the BMW 5 times what it should be, but that's not how it works. There is no perfect formula for prices that would make all happy.

Outrageous prices are when you get medical bills that you can't pay for something you needed to not die. You can choose not to pay 1 cent to see U2.

I hear what you are saying but ,No it's not worth $360 ,to see any band ,I simply will not pay that .
I like U2 and go to see them every tour but I usually only go for standing tickets as they are good value.
But lets face it the boys are going through the motions the last few tours ,its soft money for them.

I live in Europe so ticket prices here are cheaper and I go to probably 40 gigs a year varying in price from 25 to 160 dollars .
I will never pay above 160 dollars(135 euro) for any band and I have seen massive acts up close ,usually only a few rows away .
My favourite gig this year ,I was front row and paid 35 euro to see Future Islands .
Bon Iver was 40 ,The National 60 .Pet Shop boys front row 75 euro.
Neil Diamond front row 115 euro,Rod Stewart fifth row 130 euro .Fleet Foxes 35 euro. Coldplay 110 euro ,The Killers 80 ,Queen 95 etc.
All very enjoyable gigs .

U2 for standing is good value @90 dollars but its a bit ridiculous pricing these tickets so low and the seats so high ,4 times as much .

Poor old Bruce needs the money ,its tough to make ends meet when you are a farmer .
Working man my eye.

Last edited:
I kinda think they're going to have a hard time selling a lot of these expensive tickets. 1. Because the prices are so high and 2. Because they've really saturated most of these markets in the last few years. But they've got 6-8 months to sell these tickets, and when we get about a month out from the show, all the unsold expensive seats will get discounted so that they will sell. We saw this happen on the JT Tour a lot.

This pricing structure is about taking the money from the scalper's pocket and putting it in the pockets of the band/venue/seller/promotor etc. The Vertigo Tour had shows selling out in seconds, and then the aftermarket was flooded with tickets WAY above face value. Clearly, they were charging below what they were actually worth.

Even though I'm kind of OVER the whole GA floor experience, I'm gonna end up going for floor tickets. It's the only desirable option in the price range I'm willing to pay for. I don't think any of the other options are worth the money. For Indianapolis, I waited until a week before the show, and bought some very good discounted tickets in the lower bowl for half of what they originally cost. You can get away with that in a stadium, but it's much harder in arenas. I technically COULD afford the expensive tickets, but I think my wife would kill me if I paid $300 for one concert ticket.

At that prices,they better play at least 24-25 songs....not 21 like for TJT 2017.

The fact they're announcing these as single dates at a time makes me miss that initial hopefulness of varying setlists on the "pairs" during the early i+e tour promo. :|

The fact they're announcing these as single dates at a time makes me miss that initial hopefulness of varying setlists on the "pairs" during the early i+e tour promo. :|

I went to two shows in Montreal because of that promise. We all know how that turned out. Still glad I went to both though!

Sigh... I'm ok with the prices with the exception of the 325.00 tickets. What pisses me off is not getting a decent ticket for under 325.00. anything on the side with a view of the good screens is too expensive. I'm not paying 171.00 plus fees to sit in the rafters.

The corner tix near rear stage are the seated value spots. Enough of an angle to see the screen even though you're mostly behind the band. $115 + fees I believe

As a huge U2 fan since the 80s, count me among those who feel these prices are just flat out ridiculous.

I was pre-verified, or whatever Ticketmaster calls it, and I went into the date of Citi pre-sale with no clue what the prices were. When I saw $350+ for a "decent" seat about halfway up on the side, I couldn't do it. And $175 for a crappy seat in the rafters was laughable. And the GA pricing is also ridiculous when you aren't even guaranteed that your view won't be obstructed by others.

But ultimately, it's not really about spending the money, but rather, it's about what I'm getting in return for spending that money. If this was ZooTV circa 1993, then yes. In fact, I'd probably pay double. But this, like everything since 360, is going to be little more than a low-energy, paint-by-the-numbers "greatest hits" tour with a few songs sprinkled in from the new album here and there to push sales.

I have no doubt the visuals will be amazing, but quite frankly, I'll see those much better when the Blu-ray comes out. And the audio will be better on Blu-ray too.

I never thought I'd reach this point with U2. But their "play it safe" approach over the past two decades as left me rather jaded towards almost everything they do now.

And the GA pricing is also ridiculous when you aren't even guaranteed that your view won't be obstructed by others.

Agreed on seat prices mostly. But for GA, it's actually comparable to what most other similar-sized acts out there are charging for GA right now. Even then, I paid $150 for Springsteen's GA and $120 for Foo Fighters in recent years, so it could be a lot worse. I'm certainly not expecting $30 prices that small venues are charging at this point.

Of course, the view can be an issue if you're not on the rail somewhere... or are pretty short in stature anyway. But by most accounts from the prior I&E set-up, you can get there and still have enough room to have a decent view if you get there pretty late.

But ultimately, it's not really about spending the money, but rather, it's about what I'm getting in return for spending that money. If this was ZooTV circa 1993, then yes. In fact, I'd probably pay double. But this, like everything since 360, is going to be little more than a low-energy, paint-by-the-numbers "greatest hits" tour with a few songs sprinkled in from the new album here and there to push sales.

I never thought I'd reach this point with U2. But their "play it safe" approach over the past two decades as left me rather jaded towards almost everything they do now.

At the end of the day, it's first world problems. I'm sure plenty of Prince or Soundgarden fans are laughing at us when we talk about "greatest hits" and what not too. I thought about going myself after seeing them 3 times last year, but for now, I'll take what I can get at this point. I figure if they don't come back for awhile, then one show should be fine.

I wouldn't exactly call 6-9 new songs a "few" either. So if it is like the I&E tour in that respect, I'll call it a win.

Exactly.
Anyone who complains about the price of GA is completely out of the loop of what concert ticket prices are these days industry wide.

Agreed on seat prices mostly. But for GA, it's actually comparable to what most other similar-sized acts out there are charging for GA right now. Even then, I paid $150 for Springsteen's GA and $120 for Foo Fighters in recent years, so it could be a lot worse. I'm certainly not expecting $30 prices that small venues are charging at this point.

Of course, the view can be an issue if you're not on the rail somewhere... or are pretty short in stature anyway. But by most accounts from the prior I&E set-up, you can get there and still have enough room to have a decent view if you get there pretty late.

At the end of the day, it's first world problems. I'm sure plenty of Prince or Soundgarden fans are laughing at us when we talk about "greatest hits" and what not too. I thought about going myself after seeing them 3 times last year, but for now, I'll take what I can get at this point. I figure if they don't come back for awhile, then one show should be fine.

I wouldn't exactly call 6-9 new songs a "few" either. So if it is like the I&E tour in that respect, I'll call it a win.
Yea I'll second your last part.

I fully get that some may not be on board with the musical direction, and may not like the verified fan thing, or Bono's taxes or granny glasses or whatever.

The more reviews that come out the more I think I'm going to like this album... BUT... If I didn't? I still want to make sure I see them on this trek, as we're at the point with this band where you just don't know when it's going to be the end of the road.

I'd hate to miss out because of one of the reasons listed above and then never get a chance to see them again. Every opportunity is a blessing at this point, as the opportunities going forward will be scarce.

Bruce is charging 850 bucks face value to see him on Broadway for 2 hours for some seats. And he sold out fyi. I thought of buying a 300 single ticket -- I got verified, but I couldn't pull the trigger and my reasoning was I'd rather spend 300 bucks on a few U2 shows in GA... also I like Bruce a lot, but his Broadway show really feels that it's for die hards (and rich people).

I honestly don't see how anyone can defend these prices, or ticket policy.

I'm doing fine, but there is no way, zero, that I'd pay 300 pounds to see U2 or any artist. And I certainly wouldn't jump through the hoops you apparently have to to get a ticket. If other people want to do that, it's up to them (though you could argue that you're supporting an awful system), but I won't participate in it. And part of what's so infuriating is that the artists make a big deal about keeping prices low, when they know damn well that the secondary market is built into the system and they're profiting from it.

Anyway, it's not just U2, by far. It's not even about them. It's the entire industry that sucks.

The line must be drawn here! This far, and no further!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom