Any speculation on a fall NA leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pop_mofo

Acrobat
Just wondering if there are any rumblings about a fall North America leg. Would expect a Toronto show in the fall but am wondering if the itinerary will be different this time around because of JT30.

Thanks for any insight.

Doubt it. There will obviously be a European leg, and given U2 like to take a couple of weeks off between legs, I'd guess that would fill up August and September. Then Australia is rumoured for November.

I'll be fucking livid if there is yet another North American leg before anywhere outside that continent or Europe gets the band. I'm already annoyed that this is the fifth run through North America since the band came to Australia.

I'll be fucking livid if there is yet another North American leg before anywhere outside that continent or Europe gets the band. I'm already annoyed that this is the fifth run through North America since the band came to Australia.

Has it occurred to you that maybe they just don't like you very much? ;)

I believe that if they wanted to they COULD do another round through Europe and North America in 2019, but I kinda doubt it. 2018 will most likely play out exactly like Axver said. (Autocorrect really didn't want me to use the word Axver... lol)

If you can, see them this year. Because I have a feeling 2018 is it for a few years. And, as as Tom Petty had most recently shown us, this next time could always be the last time.

I believe that if they wanted to they COULD do another round through Europe and North America in 2019, but I kinda doubt it. 2018 will most likely play out exactly like Axver said. (Autocorrect really didn't want me to use the word Axver... lol)

If you can, see them this year. Because I have a feeling 2018 is it for a few years. And, as as Tom Petty had most recently shown us, this next time could always be the last time.

Amen brother. Finally saw Tom Petty in May. Wish I had seen him more.

Doubt it. There will obviously be a European leg, and given U2 like to take a couple of weeks off between legs, I'd guess that would fill up August and September. Then Australia is rumoured for November.

Its kind of strange that they arent playing Australia ,ticket prices down there in general are very high so the boys could make a nice bit going down there.

Its kind of strange that they arent playing Australia ,ticket prices down there in general are very high so the boys could make a nice bit going down there.

Somebody in the know posted awhile back about how international acts are wary of going to Australia after Madonnas recent visit was such a disaster. Madonna and U2 share management, so Guy is probably trying to negotiate the perfect deal or something. There was also some arguing about U2 doing arenas vs stadiums amongst those who plan these things.

I do believe they'll be in Australia later this year. U2 have a lot more drawing power than Madonna, it should prove to be successful.

At the same time, demand is likely to be huge given they haven't been here for so long (end of 2018 will be an 8 year gap, and 12 years for Adelaide). If they don't do a late shift to stadiums like on Vertigo, that's a lot of arena shows to satisfy demand.

Anyway, this topic has been done to death since it's been so long and we continue to try to work out what's going on.

At the same time, demand is likely to be huge given they haven't been here for so long (end of 2018 will be an 8 year gap, and 12 years for Adelaide). If they don't do a late shift to stadiums like on Vertigo, that's a lot of arena shows to satisfy demand.

Anyway, this topic has been done to death since it's been so long and we continue to try to work out what's going on.
Or it could go the other way and demand could be rather low, especially if ticket prices are high. A long gap between tours doesn't always translate to big ticket sales. All the better for us to get the tickets we want!

Last edited:
Or it could go the other way and demand could be rather low, especially if ticket prices are high. A long gap between tours doesn't always translate to big ticket sales. All the better for us to get the tickets we want!
Maybe they'll hedge their bets and do arenas but strategically announce extra shows only when they have a good feel for where the demand actually is.

Maybe they'll hedge their bets and do arenas but strategically announce extra shows only when they have a good feel for where the demand actually is.

That's, uh, usually what they do.

That's, uh, usually what they do.
I mean rather than doing a big stadium show in each major city and hoping to fill it, there are multiple cities that could possibly host 4+ arena shows, but maybe some will only need 2, who knows.

I mean rather than doing a big stadium show in each major city and hoping to fill it, there are multiple cities that could possibly host 4+ arena shows, but maybe some will only need 2, who knows.

That's what they did on I+e, only difference was the shows are announced in pairs before the band got cold feet about playing varying setlists.

He's talking about Australia specifically, where they haven't done arenas since 1989 (Popmart in Perth notwithstanding).

Any speculation on additional dates or new towns... it seems like LA and Chicago are, no surprise, poised to get a 2nd or 3rd night if sales go well in May.

Does not look like any other cities have a chance in May or June, especially if they are only hauling around one stage set up.

Every city with at least three nights free afterwards is likely to get another show.

So in other words, the only ones that probably won't get a second show are Tulsa, St Louis, and Nashville. All others, assuming sales are good enough, have space.

Back
Top Bottom