Any speculation on a fall NA leg? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:59 AM
Any speculation on a fall NA leg?

Just wondering if there are any rumblings about a fall North America leg. Would expect a Toronto show in the fall but am wondering if the itinerary will be different this time around because of JT30.

Thanks for any insight.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Doubt it. There will obviously be a European leg, and given U2 like to take a couple of weeks off between legs, I'd guess that would fill up August and September. Then Australia is rumoured for November.

I'll be fucking livid if there is yet another North American leg before anywhere outside that continent or Europe gets the band. I'm already annoyed that this is the fifth run through North America since the band came to Australia.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:24 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'll be fucking livid if there is yet another North American leg before anywhere outside that continent or Europe gets the band. I'm already annoyed that this is the fifth run through North America since the band came to Australia.
Has it occurred to you that maybe they just don't like you very much?
Old 11-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #4
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
Has it occurred to you that maybe they just don't like you very much?
Haywa is booking their tours.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Old 11-04-2017, 09:50 AM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 09:59 AM
nice
Old 11-04-2017, 04:00 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I believe that if they wanted to they COULD do another round through Europe and North America in 2019, but I kinda doubt it. 2018 will most likely play out exactly like Axver said. (Autocorrect really didn't want me to use the word Axver... lol)

If you can, see them this year. Because I have a feeling 2018 is it for a few years. And, as as Tom Petty had most recently shown us, this next time could always be the last time.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #8
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I believe that if they wanted to they COULD do another round through Europe and North America in 2019, but I kinda doubt it. 2018 will most likely play out exactly like Axver said. (Autocorrect really didn't want me to use the word Axver... lol)

If you can, see them this year. Because I have a feeling 2018 is it for a few years. And, as as Tom Petty had most recently shown us, this next time could always be the last time.
Amen brother. Finally saw Tom Petty in May. Wish I had seen him more.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #9
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Doubt it. There will obviously be a European leg, and given U2 like to take a couple of weeks off between legs, I'd guess that would fill up August and September. Then Australia is rumoured for November.

Its kind of strange that they arent playing Australia ,ticket prices down there in general are very high so the boys could make a nice bit going down there.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fano View Post
Its kind of strange that they arent playing Australia ,ticket prices down there in general are very high so the boys could make a nice bit going down there.

Somebody in the know posted awhile back about how international acts are wary of going to Australia after Madonnas recent visit was such a disaster. Madonna and U2 share management, so Guy is probably trying to negotiate the perfect deal or something. There was also some arguing about U2 doing arenas vs stadiums amongst those who plan these things.

I do believe they'll be in Australia later this year. U2 have a lot more drawing power than Madonna, it should prove to be successful.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #11
New Yorker

At the same time, demand is likely to be huge given they haven't been here for so long (end of 2018 will be an 8 year gap, and 12 years for Adelaide). If they don't do a late shift to stadiums like on Vertigo, that's a lot of arena shows to satisfy demand.

Anyway, this topic has been done to death since it's been so long and we continue to try to work out what's going on.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
At the same time, demand is likely to be huge given they haven't been here for so long (end of 2018 will be an 8 year gap, and 12 years for Adelaide). If they don't do a late shift to stadiums like on Vertigo, that's a lot of arena shows to satisfy demand.

Anyway, this topic has been done to death since it's been so long and we continue to try to work out what's going on.
Or it could go the other way and demand could be rather low, especially if ticket prices are high. A long gap between tours doesn't always translate to big ticket sales. All the better for us to get the tickets we want!
Old 11-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #13
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargedVT View Post
Or it could go the other way and demand could be rather low, especially if ticket prices are high. A long gap between tours doesn't always translate to big ticket sales. All the better for us to get the tickets we want!
Maybe they'll hedge their bets and do arenas but strategically announce extra shows only when they have a good feel for where the demand actually is.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:10 AM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
Maybe they'll hedge their bets and do arenas but strategically announce extra shows only when they have a good feel for where the demand actually is.

That's, uh, usually what they do.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #15
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
That's, uh, usually what they do.
I mean rather than doing a big stadium show in each major city and hoping to fill it, there are multiple cities that could possibly host 4+ arena shows, but maybe some will only need 2, who knows.