Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My work thing got cancelled so I was around for the presale after all and managed to get a couple of GA for Croke, in the pitch 1 area. Very pleased with that, especially as Ticketmaster didn't seem to want to load anything on the page after 9am for some reason.

Got 2 for Twickenham GA and 2 Croke seating. Had to go through the TM app for Twickenham as the website was constantly sold out.

How are there tickets for all dates on sale at viagogo.couk given its pre-sale only just now?

Just checked and the prices are double face value by the look of things...

Hi

I was at Elland Road in 1987

5th song in (I still haven't found, what I'm looking for), Bono threw in a chorus of Bob Marley's "Exodus"

At the time, I was up the top of a scaffold in my Bob Marley T-shirt, giving the peace (2 fingers) sign.

At the end of the song, Bono came over to my side of the stage and give me the peace sign.

I felt like god for about 15 seconds.

Had to make a quick decent cos Security were heading my way.

What a day, can't believe it was 30 years ago this July

Cheers - Paul

If I buy with a used code, are they gonna cancel the tickets for sure? Or not?
How long it takes?
:ohmy:
It won't let you buy with a used code.
I bought 3 tickets yesterday, so my code is still active for 1 ticket.
For shits & giggles I tried to add 2 seats and it gives me a message that I can only purchase 1 ticket with my code,

Was thinking last night; I can see this tour being the show they take to Australia, South America, etc. The problem in South America is that they can pretty much only do stadiums, there just aren't enough good 15-20,000 seat arenas in South America. So rather than modify the I&E stage to fit into stadiums, they could just take this tour down there and fill stadiums, and satisfy that market. While we haven't seen the stage yet, obviously, it's bound to be much less elaborate than the 360 stage, thus easier and less expensive to tour with in places like Australia and South America.

Australia/NZ actually have good arenas that would suit the I&E stage. Obviously the fans would prefer arenas, and that would probably mean 4 nights in Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, and a few in Brisbane and Perth as well. But LN/U2 could determine that it's more PROFITABLE to take the rather simple Joshua Tree production down there and do roughly 10 stadium shows, play to more people and make lots more MONEY!

If they do this, it does not spell good things for SOE or I&E Tour happening in the near future.

Long time lurker/fan....I must post more often.

Managed to get 1 croke Pitch 1 and 3 standing for Twikenham...

Bit disappointed as I wanted Pitch 2, so will be trying again in the general sale....

Long time lurker/fan....I must post more often.

Managed to get 1 croke Pitch 1 and 3 standing for Twikenham...

Bit disappointed as I wanted Pitch 2, so will be trying again in the general sale....

Keep trying, don't wait for the general sale. I've seen people getting random Pitch 2 tickets even hours after the "sellout".

I got Amsterdam GA after a couple hours, even with the ticketmaster saying that there was not anymore available.

Was thinking last night; I can see this tour being the show they take to Australia, South America, etc. The problem in South America is that they can pretty much only do stadiums, there just aren't enough good 15-20,000 seat arenas in South America. So rather than modify the I&E stage to fit into stadiums, they could just take this tour down there and fill stadiums, and satisfy that market. While we haven't seen the stage yet, obviously, it's bound to be much less elaborate than the 360 stage, thus easier and less expensive to tour with in places like Australia and South America.

Australia/NZ actually have good arenas that would suit the I&E stage. Obviously the fans would prefer arenas, and that would probably mean 4 nights in Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, and a few in Brisbane and Perth as well. But LN/U2 could determine that it's more PROFITABLE to take the rather simple Joshua Tree production down there and do roughly 10 stadium shows, play to more people and make lots more MONEY!

If they do this, it does not spell good things for SOE or I&E Tour happening in the near future.

As a South American, I see how this can be convenient, but not very fair to us... I think we deserve a brand new tour, with the new album. But well, it will be a U2 show anyway...

The rumour for SA is stadiums, but they can do as Vertigo, a mix of stadiums and arenas... ah, I don't know. But I really want a brand new album, therefore, a diffrent tour from the TJT...

Keep trying, don't wait for the general sale. I've seen people getting random Pitch 2 tickets even hours after the "sellout".

I got Amsterdam GA after a couple hours, even with the ticketmaster saying that there was not anymore available.

Thanks for the tip - I know that is quite often the case...but I bought 3 Twickenham (for the Wife and her 2 friends) so my code isnt usable anymore...

I was thinking of hanging on, but I booked my flight and accommodation (I'm coming from Newcastle upon Tyne), so I didn't want to chance it...

I'll keep trying right up until the gig for Pitch 2, but if I'm not able to get one, I'll still be pretty pleased ot be there..hometown show and all...

Does anyone know if Concourse seating at Metlife Stadium in NJ is also credit card entry like GA?

Does anyone know if Concourse seating at Metlife Stadium in NJ is also credit card entry like GA?

All seats are concourse, so I don't know what level you are, but a friend got a top price Concourse 1 seat and it is also credit card entry. Should have said when you bought it if it was or not.

What's up whit cancelling tickets by ticketmaster and used codes?
I have 4 Amsterdam and then2 for brussel and 2 for croke. So your saying they cancel them? when?

What's up whit cancelling tickets by ticketmaster and used codes?
I have 4 Amsterdam and then2 for brussel and 2 for croke. So your saying they cancel them? when?
If you've used the same pre sale code then sometimes they cancel the tickets, sometimes they don't. I believe you're allowed a max of 4 tix for this pre sale.

Ok thanks. So i wait to book a place to sleep in Dublin....

Go on booking.com mate,you can book a hotel on there and you dont pay anything until you get there

Dont mean to scare you either but i pretty sure if you over use your code they cancel all your tickets not just the extras youve brought. Buying on different countries ticketmasters will probably hide this though. Seems to be hit and miss with cancellations

The hotel prices for that weekend in Dublin are absolutely insane!

Booked one literally seconds after the date was announced,come to £70 each between 3 of us. Which wasnt bad. Prices are mad now. This happened last time

Booked one literally seconds after the date was announced,come to £70 each between 3 of us. Which wasnt bad. Prices are mad now. This happened last time
I paid €250 for 1night for me and the wife. Crazy price but that was the cheapest hotel! For the I&E tour we only paid about €110 for 1night in the Arlington in the city centre.

Hey guys, first time poster here. So when are people lining up for GA? I've only seen U2 twice (both times on the Elevation tour - 17 years ago!!!), and I remember getting in line around noon or so, and being able to get inside the heart for that tour. Should I expect to line up around noon again? I'm going to the Vancouver show, fwiw.

It's the #1 reason why I have to skip Dublin once again... one day I just bought the bullet and do it, but the prices are fucking coocoo. Direct flight are over a thousand round trip from NYC area airports... which, hey, if I'm making a week trip out of it, fine. But for just a quick jaunt over it's simply not worth it.

Maybe if it was Slane...

It's the #1 reason why I have to skip Dublin once again... one day I just bought the bullet and do it, but the prices are fucking coocoo. Direct flight are over a thousand round trip from NYC area airports... which, hey, if I'm making a week trip out of it, fine. But for just a quick jaunt over it's simply not worth it.

Maybe if it was Slane...
I don't know why but flight prices(from the UK) and hotel prices are through the roof for this. I don't get it, it was nothing like this for I&E, perhaps because that was spread out over a number of nights? I'm looking at, all in around £650 for the two of us for flights, tickets and hotel for 1night in Dublin. I almost wish I'd never bought the tickets now as I've also got to get myself to Twickenham and the accommodation for that, it'll be well over £1000 for this tour.

I don't know why but flight prices(from the UK) and hotel prices are through the roof for this. I don't get it, it was nothing like this for I&E, perhaps because that was spread out over a number of nights? I'm looking at, all in around £650 for the two of us for flights, tickets and hotel for 1night in Dublin. I almost wish I'd never bought the tickets now as I've also got to get myself to Twickenham and the accommodation for that, it'll be well over £1000 for this tour.

Booked all this on Wednesday, got my GA tickets for croke. Flights from Birmingham to Dublin were £60, thats there and back. theres 3 of us going in a triple room which cost £70 each (£210 for the room) all in all its cost me £200 for the trip. That to me is really good and would roughly cost around the same if i went to london. Tickets,trains and hotel.

Booked all this on Wednesday, got my GA tickets for croke. Flights from Birmingham to Dublin were £60, thats there and back. theres 3 of us going in a triple room which cost £70 each (£210 for the room) all in all its cost me £200 for the trip. That to me is really good and would roughly cost around the same if i went to london. Tickets,trains and hotel.
Ryanair are wanting £385 return overnight for two of us from Glasgow to Dublin! I got £9 return flights for the I&E tour! I'm waiting hoping the price drops in a month or two. If not we'll fly to Belfast for £80 return and get the bus down.

Ryanair are wanting £385 return overnight for two of us from Glasgow to Dublin! I got £9 return flights for the I&E tour! I'm waiting hoping the price drops in a month or two. If not we'll fly to Belfast for £80 return and get the bus down.

£385 bloody hell that is steep. Supose the only other option is flying further down south maybe Manchester. But then that price to belfast is good so save u traveling down south maybe better traveling south in ireland.

£385 bloody hell that is steep. Supose the only other option is flying further down south maybe Manchester. But then that price to belfast is good so save u traveling down south maybe better traveling south in ireland.
Yeah, Aer Lingus want £340. Is there something else on that weekend in Dublin as every other weekend or day is only around £100 return? I can't believe they've inflated prices because of a U2 concert?! I'll hold off a few months and see then if prices come down, if worst comes to the worst we'll get the ferry to Belfast and bus down.

Yeah, Aer Lingus want £340. Is there something else on that weekend in Dublin as every other weekend or day is only around £100 return? I can't believe they've inflated prices because of a U2 concert?! I'll hold off a few months and see then if prices come down, if worst comes to the worst we'll get the ferry to Belfast and bus down.

The hotels would definitely be inflated because of the concert,it happened on the 360 tour when i went. I wouldnt of thought that it would effect the flights though but im just guessing.

Try this site mate, aer lingus flights coming up at £222 return for two people

https://www.skyscanner.net/transpor...inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=day-view#results

https://www.skyscanner.net/transpor...ters=false&q_datetime_utc=2017-01-14T21:03:48

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom