Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour - Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-12-2017, 04:26 AM   #121
War Child
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 810
Local Time: 09:38 AM
My work thing got cancelled so I was around for the presale after all and managed to get a couple of GA for Croke, in the pitch 1 area. Very pleased with that, especially as Ticketmaster didn't seem to want to load anything on the page after 9am for some reason.
__________________

__________________
ascender_RS is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 04:35 AM   #122
War Child
 
TheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 669
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Got 2 for Twickenham GA and 2 Croke seating. Had to go through the TM app for Twickenham as the website was constantly sold out.
__________________

__________________
TheFox is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 07:28 AM   #123
War Child
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Scotland
Posts: 810
Local Time: 09:38 AM
How are there tickets for all dates on sale at viagogo.couk given its pre-sale only just now?

Just checked and the prices are double face value by the look of things...
__________________
ascender_RS is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 07:35 AM   #124
Babyface
 
Bob Marley Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2
Local Time: 10:38 AM
Hi

I was at Elland Road in 1987

5th song in (I still haven't found, what I'm looking for), Bono threw in a chorus of Bob Marley's "Exodus"

At the time, I was up the top of a scaffold in my Bob Marley T-shirt, giving the peace (2 fingers) sign.

At the end of the song, Bono came over to my side of the stage and give me the peace sign.

I felt like god for about 15 seconds.

Had to make a quick decent cos Security were heading my way.

What a day, can't believe it was 30 years ago this July

Cheers - Paul
__________________
Bob Marley Fan is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #125
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,325
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepokiss View Post
If I buy with a used code, are they gonna cancel the tickets for sure? Or not?
How long it takes?
It won't let you buy with a used code.
I bought 3 tickets yesterday, so my code is still active for 1 ticket.
For shits & giggles I tried to add 2 seats and it gives me a message that I can only purchase 1 ticket with my code,
__________________
Hewson is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #126
War Child
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 885
Local Time: 10:38 AM
Got Tickets for Amsterdam
Ticketmaster website had some trouble loading, but luckily got tickets
__________________
Mauwer is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,455
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Was thinking last night; I can see this tour being the show they take to Australia, South America, etc. The problem in South America is that they can pretty much only do stadiums, there just aren't enough good 15-20,000 seat arenas in South America. So rather than modify the I&E stage to fit into stadiums, they could just take this tour down there and fill stadiums, and satisfy that market. While we haven't seen the stage yet, obviously, it's bound to be much less elaborate than the 360 stage, thus easier and less expensive to tour with in places like Australia and South America.

Australia/NZ actually have good arenas that would suit the I&E stage. Obviously the fans would prefer arenas, and that would probably mean 4 nights in Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, and a few in Brisbane and Perth as well. But LN/U2 could determine that it's more PROFITABLE to take the rather simple Joshua Tree production down there and do roughly 10 stadium shows, play to more people and make lots more MONEY!

If they do this, it does not spell good things for SOE or I&E Tour happening in the near future.
__________________
The_acrobat is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #128
H
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Posts: 149
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Long time lurker/fan....I must post more often.

Managed to get 1 croke Pitch 1 and 3 standing for Twikenham...

Bit disappointed as I wanted Pitch 2, so will be trying again in the general sale....
__________________
H is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #129
War Child
 
Aleh_Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Avenue Atlantico, Seventeen -o -two
Posts: 682
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H View Post
Long time lurker/fan....I must post more often.

Managed to get 1 croke Pitch 1 and 3 standing for Twikenham...

Bit disappointed as I wanted Pitch 2, so will be trying again in the general sale....
Keep trying, don't wait for the general sale. I've seen people getting random Pitch 2 tickets even hours after the "sellout".

I got Amsterdam GA after a couple hours, even with the ticketmaster saying that there was not anymore available.
__________________
Aleh_Hewson is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #130
War Child
 
Aleh_Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Avenue Atlantico, Seventeen -o -two
Posts: 682
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
Was thinking last night; I can see this tour being the show they take to Australia, South America, etc. The problem in South America is that they can pretty much only do stadiums, there just aren't enough good 15-20,000 seat arenas in South America. So rather than modify the I&E stage to fit into stadiums, they could just take this tour down there and fill stadiums, and satisfy that market. While we haven't seen the stage yet, obviously, it's bound to be much less elaborate than the 360 stage, thus easier and less expensive to tour with in places like Australia and South America.

Australia/NZ actually have good arenas that would suit the I&E stage. Obviously the fans would prefer arenas, and that would probably mean 4 nights in Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, and a few in Brisbane and Perth as well. But LN/U2 could determine that it's more PROFITABLE to take the rather simple Joshua Tree production down there and do roughly 10 stadium shows, play to more people and make lots more MONEY!

If they do this, it does not spell good things for SOE or I&E Tour happening in the near future.
As a South American, I see how this can be convenient, but not very fair to us... I think we deserve a brand new tour, with the new album. But well, it will be a U2 show anyway...

The rumour for SA is stadiums, but they can do as Vertigo, a mix of stadiums and arenas... ah, I don't know. But I really want a brand new album, therefore, a diffrent tour from the TJT...
__________________
Aleh_Hewson is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #131
H
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Posts: 149
Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleh_Hewson View Post
Keep trying, don't wait for the general sale. I've seen people getting random Pitch 2 tickets even hours after the "sellout".

I got Amsterdam GA after a couple hours, even with the ticketmaster saying that there was not anymore available.
Thanks for the tip - I know that is quite often the case...but I bought 3 Twickenham (for the Wife and her 2 friends) so my code isnt usable anymore...

I was thinking of hanging on, but I booked my flight and accommodation (I'm coming from Newcastle upon Tyne), so I didn't want to chance it...

I'll keep trying right up until the gig for Pitch 2, but if I'm not able to get one, I'll still be pretty pleased ot be there..hometown show and all...
__________________
H is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #132
Refugee
 
PennyLanePHINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,054
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Does anyone know if Concourse seating at Metlife Stadium in NJ is also credit card entry like GA?
__________________
PennyLanePHINS is offline  
Old 01-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Pop Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,906
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLanePHINS View Post
Does anyone know if Concourse seating at Metlife Stadium in NJ is also credit card entry like GA?
All seats are concourse, so I don't know what level you are, but a friend got a top price Concourse 1 seat and it is also credit card entry. Should have said when you bought it if it was or not.
__________________
Pop Artist is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #134
The Fly
 
jaimearodriguez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 183
Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLanePHINS View Post
Does anyone know if Concourse seating at Metlife Stadium in NJ is also credit card entry like GA?



Got $280 seats at Metlife and yes, they are paperless.
__________________
jaimearodriguez is offline  
Old 01-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #135
The Fly
 
Amsterdamfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 64
Local Time: 01:08 PM
What's up whit cancelling tickets by ticketmaster and used codes?
I have 4 Amsterdam and then2 for brussel and 2 for croke. So your saying they cancel them? when?
__________________

__________________
Amsterdamfan is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com