Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hotels would definitely be inflated because of the concert,it happened on the 360 tour when i went. I wouldnt of thought that it would effect the flights though but im just guessing.

Try this site mate, aer lingus flights coming up at £222 return for two people

https://www.skyscanner.net/transpor...inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=day-view#results

https://www.skyscanner.net/transpor...ters=false&q_datetime_utc=2017-01-14T21:03:48
When you click through to book it jumps to £300+

Has anyone sat in the first rows of the first balcony level ....there seems to be a clear plexiglass ...does that interfere with the experience? Or photos? Is it better to go a few rows up to avoid that or is it pretty seamless?

Ryanair are wanting £385 return overnight for two of us from Glasgow to Dublin! I got £9 return flights for the I&E tour! I'm waiting hoping the price drops in a month or two. If not we'll fly to Belfast for £80 return and get the bus down.

Could you get to East Midlands airport? The flights to Dublin from there are about £48. My daughter and I flew to Dublin out of there once.

The hotels closest to Gillette are asking over $700 a night during the concert. :angry:

Folks, it's called Airbnb. At least in Australia, when hotels are going crazy because of some big event I've still been able to pick up somewhere very affordable that way.

Could you get to East Midlands airport? The flights to Dublin from there are about £48. My daughter and I flew to Dublin out of there once.

The hotels closest to Gillette are asking over $700 a night during the concert. :angry:
It's a good 3or4 hours on the train, and train fares are stupidly expensive now. Easier flying to Belfast and 3hr bus journey down if flights don't come down in price. As I said, I got £9 return flights for the I&E tour so I'm waiting and hoping there's a Ryanair sale. Still 6months away so plenty of time.

Saw them at Madison Square Garden in the first row upper level with the Plexiglas. There was absolutely no effect on sound quality because the glass doesn't go up that high. Great seats

I'm hearing new dates will be announced next week for LA 2, Las Vegas, Detroit, Chicago 2, Atlanta, Raleigh, Toronto 2 and Boston 2 and New York 2. Presales went better than expected. Apparently they are planning to film the Vegas show.

Friday May 12th Vancouver, BC – BC Place Stadium
Sunday May 14th Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field
Wednesday May 17th San Francisco, CA – Levi's Stadium
Saturday May 20th Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl
Sunday May 21st Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl
Wednesday May 24th Houston, TX – NRG Stadium
Friday May 26th Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium
Sunday May 28th Las Vegas, NV – Sam Boyd Silver Bowl
Wednesday May 31st Detroit, MI – Ford Field
Saturday June 3rd Chicago, IL – Soldier Field
Sunday June 4th Chicago, IL – Soldier Field
Wednesday June 7th Pittsburgh, PA – Heinz Field
Friday June 9th Raleigh, NC – Carter Finley Stadium
Sunday June 11th Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium
Wednesday June 14th Tampa, FL – Raymond James Stadium
Friday June 16th Atlanta - Georgia Dome
Sunday June 18th Philadelphia, PA – Lincoln Financial Field
Tuesday June 20th Washington, DC – FedEx Field
Thursday June 22nd Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Friday June 23rd Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Sunday June 25th Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
Monday June 26th Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
Wednesday June 28th E. Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Thursday June 29th E.Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Saturday July 1st Cleveland, OH – First Energy Stadium

Last edited:
Don't think that list is true. No way that Raleigh show on the 9th is happening, with Bonnaroo that would mean three shows in a row - not going to happen.

I'll believe it when it's announced. I can see some shows being added to existing cities but adding cities?! Not sure about that. Aren't all the JTT2017 shows being played in open air stadiums? Not sure where they would play in Atlanta other than maybe the new Braves stadium if they're targeting open air stadiums. I guess time will tell.

I'm hearing new dates will be announced next week for LA 2, Las Vegas, Detroit, Chicago 2, Atlanta, Raleigh, Toronto 2 and Boston 2 and New York 2. Presales went better than expected. Apparently they are planning to film the Vegas show.

Bono's well documented voice issues in the desert? No way in hell are they filming Vegas. Try again.

Resale ticket question

How do resale sites already have so many tickets ? Are they from people who bought them during presale and listed them asap ? Should one be concerned if they get tickets this way? A legitimate resale site is different than say getting them off ebay , right?

How do resale sites already have so many tickets ? Are they from people who bought them during presale and listed them asap ? Should one be concerned if they get tickets this way? A legitimate resale site is different than say getting them off ebay , right?

Because touts buy them en masse). Vileagogo, Seat Wave, Get me in and Stub Hub are all supported by TM/LN in some way- but I wouldn't buy from them- tickets always drop nearer the shows so suggest waiting

As much as I would absolutely love for you to be right about Vegas... Sam Boyd Stadium hasn't been called the Silver Bowl since 1993. At least put a little research into your phony dates.

And, uh, the Georgia Dome? It's closing in March, with demolition beginning shortly there after. The new Mercedes-Benz Stadium isn't scheduled to open until July. So unless they plan on playing on a pile of rubble, your dates are bullshit.

Last edited:
I don't know why but flight prices(from the UK) and hotel prices are through the roof for this. I don't get it, it was nothing like this for I&E, perhaps because that was spread out over a number of nights? I'm looking at, all in around £650 for the two of us for flights, tickets and hotel for 1night in Dublin. I almost wish I'd never bought the tickets now as I've also got to get myself to Twickenham and the accommodation for that, it'll be well over £1000 for this tour.

:doh: Snap...I`m in the same boat! Juts found a coach company - Big green company that offer a return coach travel from Leicester to Twickenham for £28 so that willsaveme accomodation in London. They travel from several offer cities too.

Ryanair are wanting £385 return overnight for two of us from Glasgow to Dublin! I got £9 return flights for the I&E tour! I'm waiting hoping the price drops in a month or two. If not we'll fly to Belfast for £80 return and get the bus down.

Couldn't you fly from Edinburgh? £40-£50 return 22nd July

Did you get this from the same place you got your volcano stage floor plans? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Couldn't you fly from Edinburgh? £40-£50 return 22nd July
It's £185 return (for 2 people)and that would be getting into Dublin at 15.00 which is very tight for time and any delays. The 8am flights are an extra £20 plus need to get the bus through to Edinburgh which is about £20odd return each. Would end up the same price as the Glasgow flights but with stupid times.

Managed to get return flights from Newcastle to Dublin for just shy of £80. Not chancing flying in on the day of the gig, so arrive around 9pm on the day before and leave 10.20am on Sunday.

Got a room in a hostel a stones throw from Croke for £16 per night - as I only need somewhere to sleep, it'll do just fine...

Can any of our Dubliners tell us if anything else is going on that weekend, or if this is just because of the concert(s)?

If it's just the concerts then there's a decent chance that prices will level out over time. If there's a convention or other big event, maybe not so much.

It's mostly because it's already tourist season. Last gig was after the summer holidays, so cheaper accomodation as there's less demand. July is the most expensive month in most European cities.