Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get a couple GAs for Chicago 2. And I checked a couple minutes ago and some decent tickets are still popping up.

... what??

Fine. U2 are in perfect health and will be touring every day for the next 12 years. George HW Bush will parachute into each concert during Streets.

Its not right to claim someone can't do something just because of their age. Its called ageism and is a form of discrimination. Too many people look at the age, a number, and make vast assumptions about the person before they factually know anything about them. Age related decline, if there is any noticeable, can vary significantly from individual to individual. Society in general is largely ignorant of that.

Its not right to claim someone can't do something just because of their age. Its called ageism and is a form of discrimination. Too many people look at the age, a number, and make vast assumptions about the person before they factually know anything about them. Age related decline, if there is any noticeable, can vary significantly from individual to individual. Society in general is largely ignorant of that.

giphy.gif

are you checking the same website as I? Pittsburg has more than 3000 (!!) GA-tickets available!!

Think its cause ive just looked at the seats not GA. there isnt any big sections like there is at houston and tampa.

Had to work today, so still haven't got any tickets :sad: is London 2 sold out yet? Trying my luck, but it's only giving me £187 seats. :doh:

Cheers grandpa

How are the tickets sales going for the added american dates? They go on sale today?

Have the added europearn dates sold out?

Just went on u2.com and followed the ticket links for tampa,houston and pittsburgh. Pittsburgh hardly has any availability at all where as tampa and houston seem to have a fair few seats available in the upper tiers.

Chicago 2 is selling pretty good, will easily sell out soon, mostly those upper level $100+ tickets. Venue is over 95% sold out though, and will be full.
NYC 2 I can't tell, no map available, but I assume pretty good.
LA 2 has quite a few tickets available. It's one of those situations where you just shrug and say "it'll probably sell out by show day", like the Houston or Tampa shows. I don't count resale tickets, those already count towards the grand total.

Am I to believe that the Pittsburgh show still has 3,000+ floor tickets still available? It may appear not much is available for Pittsburgh, but they haven't even started selling large sections of the upper levels yet. My guess is they're trying to sell those floor tickets before they open the rest of the upper levels up. Pittsburgh is clearly in last place as far as ticket demand goes.

Last edited:
Chicago 2 is selling pretty good, will easily sell out soon, mostly those upper level $100+ tickets. Venue is over 95% sold out though, and will be full.
NYC 2 I can't tell, no map available, but I assume pretty good.
LA 2 has quite a few tickets available. It's one of those situations where you just shrug and say "it'll probably sell out by show day", like the Houston or Tampa shows. I don't count resale tickets, those already count towards the grand total.

Am I to believe that the Pittsburgh show still has 3,000+ floor tickets still available? It may appear not much is available for Pittsburgh, but they haven't even started selling large sections of the upper levels yet. My guess is they're trying to sell those floor tickets before they open the rest of the upper levels up. Pittsburgh is clearly in last place as far as ticket demand goes.

I'm surprised LA 2 has that many tickets left. I thought it would be closer to selling out considering how fast the first show soldout.

Why would you say Pittsburgh has 3,000+ floor tickets available?

I'm surprised LA 2 has that many tickets left. I thought it would be closer to selling out considering how fast the first show soldout.

Why would you say Pittsburgh has 3,000+ floor tickets available?

Wow, actually almost 3400 GA available for Pittsburgh right now :hmm:

3TVgaps.jpg

Possibly. I ordered 3 GA tickets that are paperless, CC/ID entry, all in party must enter together. I also ordered 2 seats for my husband and son and already have the hard tickets in hand. The Cleveland show is only 2 hours away and on a Saturday. I think that I would want seats too if I had to drive in from more than an hour away for a Wednesday night show.

maybe Pittsburgh and Cleveland on the same tour, in stadiums, was a bad choice?

Agreed. If you look at the individual seats, they haven't even started selling in the upper decks on the sides yet. They need to consider local advertising and slashing the shit out of those ticket prices if they want a full ish stadium.

Houston, Tampa and LA2 will easily sell out by show day, just have to slowly get rid of those pesky upper level $100+ tickets (I wouldn't buy one). Pittsburgh is going to struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what they were thinking putting Cleveland and Pittsburgh on this tour. One or the other, not both. I'm sure Pittsburgh will start filling up and it won't be a Jacksonville situation, but they would have been better served with a show somewhere in the southwest instead of another rust belt show.

Plus, I mean... Hey, guys, we're delaying our album because Trump and Trump is the worst idea America ever had and you have everything to lose yayyyy... oh, by the way, here are two stadium gigs in the heart of the region that turned the election towards Trump. Thaaaaanks!

Looking at Pittsburgh,i know theres a few blocks that havent been released yet but the blocks that have been look pretty full to me, no big spaces empty anyway.

Looking at Pittsburgh,i know theres a few blocks that havent been released yet but the blocks that have been look pretty full to me, no big spaces empty anyway.

True, I wonder why they haven't released some more of those upper level blocks yet. The only thing I can figure is they're trying to get rid of those floor tickets first. Of those 3,300 available floor tickets, I wonder how many are resale? Either way, it's very strange. Meanwhile huge chunks of the country aren't getting a show at all. Minneapolis seems like a prime spot for a show. Edmonton would be a guaranteed sellout. Montreal doesn't seem to have an available stadium for concerts (nobody seems to play at the Olympic stadium anymore). Someplace like Kansas City or St. Louis would fare better even. They could've done Detroit and Pittsburgh instead (but I'm glad I got my Cleveland show!)

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what they were thinking putting Cleveland and Pittsburgh on this tour. One or the other, not both. I'm sure Pittsburgh will start filling up and it won't be a Jacksonville situation, but they would have been better served with a show somewhere in the southwest instead of another rust belt show.

Plus, I mean... Hey, guys, we're delaying our album because Trump and Trump is the worst idea America ever had and you have everything to lose yayyyy... oh, by the way, here are two stadium gigs in the heart of the region that turned the election towards Trump. Thaaaaanks!

Maybe that's the point? Bring the message and criticism to the culprit regions and mobilize folks early.

True, I wonder why they haven't released some more of those upper level blocks yet. The only thing I can figure is they're trying to get rid of those floor tickets first. Of those 3,300 available floor tickets, I wonder how many are resale? Either way, it's very strange. Meanwhile huge chunks of the country aren't getting a show at all. Minneapolis seems like a prime spot for a show. Edmonton would be a guaranteed sellout. Montreal doesn't seem to have an available stadium for concerts (nobody seems to play at the Olympic stadium anymore). Someplace like Kansas City or St. Louis would fare better even. They could've done Detroit and Pittsburgh instead (but I'm glad I got my Cleveland show!)

All 3,349 currently available GA tickets for Pittsburgh are first run. There's not a single resale ticket in the bunch, according to Ticketmaster.

in fact... there are 3,918 first run seats available through Ticketmaster, and 3,071 resale seats available from Ticketmaster. That's 6,989 seats (approx 55,000 concert capacity for Heinz Field). That's about 12% still available via Ticketmaster in some way or another.

There are also thousands of seats available on StubHub, but it's impossible to say if some of the same seats available on StubHub are also available for resale through Ticketmaster.

I'm not seeing these "huge blocks of seats not yet released" that everyone keeps referring to. Where are they? If there are truly large blocks still not for sale, then this show is looking very iffy. It'll go, but it's pretty much a lock for least attended show of the tour.

All 3,349 currently available GA tickets for Pittsburgh are first run. There's not a single resale ticket in the bunch, according to Ticketmaster.

in fact... there are 3,918 first run seats available through Ticketmaster, and 3,071 resale seats available from Ticketmaster. That's 6,989 seats (approx 55,000 concert capacity for Heinz Field). That's about 12% still available via Ticketmaster in some way or another.

There are also thousands of seats available on StubHub, but it's impossible to say if some of the same seats available on StubHub are also available for resale through Ticketmaster.

I'm not seeing these "huge blocks of seats not yet released" that everyone keeps referring to. Where are they? If there are truly large blocks still not for sale, then this show is looking very iffy. It'll go, but it's pretty much a lock for least attended show of the tour.

On the map theres a few blocks that are greyed out. Were tickets havent been sold in these blocks. Mainly upoer blocks and a few bottom tier directly looking at the stage

i mean... i believe the point would be to sell tickets.

if they were giving free concerts, sure.

Well that's why they have 20102711615 shows in New York, London, Dublin, Paris, blah blah blah.

Would you put it past them to make a point about having a little bias towards that if they felt it could also sell out?

I doubt those tickets don't sell in the end.

Do you think if you put out "With or Without You" as a single today, it would be a big hit, or has radio changed so much it wouldn't work?

"I think you could put it out. I think you'd have to Melodyne the vocal. I think you'd have to squeeze and program the rhythm tracks. Eventually you'd get something that sounds familiar on the radio and it would research well, and you might get a bit of traction and it might be a hit. But I think if you put it out just as it is, it would get lost in the noise and bubble of that particular sound that's popular at the moment."

Adam's comments to Rolling Stone....seems to have put a lot of thought in to a possibility of re- releasing WOWY or RHMT as a single in 2017. Thoughts?

They should of had figure out to play Montreal.I mean,it's one of their best market in North America.(360 tour 2x 80 000 people,I&E tour 4x 20 000 people).Don't want to play at the big "O" ?,then play at Parc Jean-Drapeau.Guns and Roses will play there in August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom