Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still planning my US, Boston - New York trip with hopeful U2 shows. Just reserved hotel rooms that will be charged when i get to the hotel.

5 nights in Boston and 6 in New York. But now to the question, what is the easiest way to get all the way to Gilette Stadium when in Boston? Just realized its along way from actual Boston. I wont be renting a car so i Uber a good way to get there?

The reserved hotel is close to Bunker Hill monument.

Then we have New York, what is the best way to get out to Metlife stadium? :D
Gillette? Take the train. If you have no qualms about chilling in the parking lot after the game for 2 hours, then you can rent a car. Otherwise take the train... driving there is an absolute nightmare. Hewson can tell you where the train picks up... I'm assuming South station.

As for MetLife? You can take the train from Penn Station or from Hoboken, NJ. Buy a round trip ticket ahead of time.

An Uber from midtown will cost about $50 each way, possibly more with surge charging.

Everyone really should check out
Larry playing at the Yamaha event a few days ago...Hitting the drums like I've not seen him do so in years!!! Especially Pride...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, that was actually really surprising to see. Honestly that may have been the most energy I've seen him play with in a loooooong time.

Hopefully a sign of things to come!

There is something to it. They're old. They need more rest between shows these days. That's not a debatable thing.

Oh its very debatable since none of us have the bands private health info or know exactly why recent stadium or arena tours were booked, the way they were booked.

George H.W. Bush, Henry Kissinger and Kirk Douglas are old, the members of U2 not so much. Especially when they can bang out versions of I Will Follow and Gloria just as energetic as 1981.

Are we actually arguing about whether older, wealthier bands would undertake touring schedules as punishing as those of young, hungry, and very poor bands?

Fuck me. Is Sean Spicer in the room or something?

Are we actually arguing about whether older, wealthier bands would undertake touring schedules as punishing as those of young, hungry, and very poor bands?

U2 is the youngest, poorest, and needs the most punishing touring schedule imaginable. Period.

Well, the only comparisons that have been made are U2 today to U2 in 2005 and the Rolling Stones of today in terms of tour schedules. All three are very rich, certainly not starving, and are certainly older than most active artist today.

Thats me done and dusted. Got 3 tickets for croke in the pre sale,lads trip to dublin. Got 1 ga for london 2 and just managed to get another one in the general sale for my wife. Well chuffed. Tickets went on sale at 08.58am got one straight away

London 2 available.....If you want to pay £187 !. Got 3 friends trying as well as myself since 9am. No GA or other seat ticket prices have been offered to any of us !.

Sent from my SM-G800F using U2 Interference mobile app

Thats bad to hear. For me it was still possible to find tickets in all categories around 10.45. Keep trying and hope for some tickets to flow back in system..

It's really funny that U2 decides to give too few (or no) concerts in big markets, whereas there are also markets where there are thousands(!) of GA tickets still available one week after start general sale...!?!? ... Pittsburgh... Lazy bastards there in Pittsburgh...

Oh its very debatable since none of us have the bands private health info or know exactly why recent stadium or arena tours were booked, the way they were booked.

George H.W. Bush, Henry Kissinger and Kirk Douglas are old, the members of U2 not so much. Especially when they can bang out versions of I Will Follow and Gloria just as energetic as 1981.
... what??

Fine. U2 are in perfect health and will be touring every day for the next 12 years. George HW Bush will parachute into each concert during Streets.

2nd shows Amsterdam, Paris sold out, Rome also practically sold out.
Tickets for London 2 still plenty available

Only £187 tickets left now

... what??

Fine. U2 are in perfect health and will be touring every day for the next 12 years. George HW Bush will parachute into each concert during Streets.

Poor guy is going to splatter onto the roof on opening night (and again in Dallas, hometown Houston and Toronto),
Good thing that at 92 his strength is just getting exponentially stronger (he can wipe the floor with Harrison Ford with one hand tied behind his back), so he'll recover fast.

Finally got 2 pairs of 2 x £110 for London 2. Bit more than I wanted to pay as shelled out for GA for London 1 & the best seats as a treat for Dublin 1, but got them, that's all that matters !

Sent from my SM-G800F using U2 Interference mobile app

... what??

Sweet! This will be the best tour ever.

"We will we will rock you. We will we will... oh shit I think that's my femur."

Amsterdam 2 has some fallen back tickets , and quite a few loose 1 seat tickets
My brother just bought two tickets round 2 o`clock this afternoon

U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017
featuring Mumford and Sons & that band that had that song that everyone thought was by Mumford and Sons but really wasn't

Featuring Mumford and Sons and that band that everyone thought was Mumford and Sons but then realized Mumford and Sons is terrible and the Lumineers made all the songs you thought were okay by Mumford and Sons.

Both are terrible costume folk

How are the tickets sales going for the added american dates? They go on sale today?

Have the added europearn dates sold out?

Just went on u2.com and followed the ticket links for tampa,houston and pittsburgh. Pittsburgh hardly has any availability at all where as tampa and houston seem to have a fair few seats available in the upper tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom