Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday June 23rd – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Sunday June 25th – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
Monday June 26th – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
Wednesday June 28th – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Thursday June 29th – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium

5 shows in 7 nights? :crack:

5 shows in 7 nights? :crack:

No, even better (than the real thing), 6 shows in 8 nights:

Thursday June 22nd – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Friday June 23rd – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Sunday June 25th – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
Monday June 26th – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
Wednesday June 28th – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Thursday June 29th – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium

I love how Rasta never responds to anyone. It's like a show rumour numbers station.

5 shows in 7 nights is certainly possible. Take a look at this from the Vertigo Tour:

December 4, 2005 Boston United States TD Garden
December 5, 2005
December 7, 2005 Hartford XL Center
December 9, 2005 Buffalo HSBC Arena
December 10, 2005 Cleveland Quicken Loans Arena

5 shows in 7 nights is certainly possible. Take a look at this from the Vertigo Tour:

December 4, 2005BostonUnited StatesTD Garden

December 5, 2005

December 7, 2005HartfordXL Center

December 9, 2005BuffaloHSBC Arena

December 10, 2005ClevelandQuicken Loans Arena

I think that tight scheduling during leg three was apparently due to the botched presales for the first leg. But for the botched presales, it would have likely been a stadium tour for leg three. Indeed, but for Hawaii, all US shows were arena shows whereas all Euro shows were in stadiums.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So I totally forgot that there was another 'rose bowl presale' code for the second show until I read about it elsewhere just now. After a few ingenious hacking attempts I realised that it was 'rosebowl' :)ohmy:), had just enough time to apply it, then couldn't go any further because the presale had closed seconds later. Hope this helps.

When does the ban hammer strike?

I would be very surprised if the majority of those new dates don't become official. If not then I promise not to make any more posts:D on this board.

December 4, 2005 Boston United States TD Garden
December 5, 2005
December 7, 2005 Hartford XL Center
December 9, 2005 Buffalo HSBC Arena
December 10, 2005 Cleveland Quicken Loans Arena

You're also talking about guys 12 years younger though.

I mean, heck here they did 6 shows in 4 days,

◦1981-03-03 - Washington, District of Columbia, USA - Bayou Club
◦1981-03-03 - Washington, District of Columbia, USA - Bayou Club
◦1981-03-04 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - Bijou Cafe
◦1981-03-05 - Albany, New York, USA - J.B. Scott's
◦1981-03-06 - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - The Paradise
◦1981-03-06 - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - The Paradise

Should we expect they can still handle that itinerary too?

You're also talking about guys 12 years younger though.

I mean, heck here they did 6 shows in 4 days,

Should we expect they can still handle that itinerary too?

They probably could since those Boy Tour shows were sometimes less than 1 hour in length.

The Rolling Stones did slow down their touring schedule after the Licks tour in 2002-2003 as Mick and Keith turned 60. Starting with the "A Bigger Bang Tour" in 2005, The Rolling Stones no longer play 2 or 3 nights in a row. If they are playing two shows or four shows in a city, there is a least one day off between each show.

So maybe there is something to it, but every individual ages differently and this not NFL Football either.

They probably could since those Boy Tour shows were sometimes less than 1 hour in length.

The Rolling Stones did slow down their touring schedule after the Licks tour in 2002-2003 as Mick and Keith turned 60. Starting with the "A Bigger Bang Tour" in 2005, The Rolling Stones no longer play 2 or 3 nights in a row. If they are playing two shows or four shows in a city, there is a least one day off between each show.

So maybe there is something to it, but every individual ages differently and this not NFL Football either.

As you said, every individual ages differently. That the Stones can still last, doesn't mean U2 can. U2 has 2 problematic cases named Larry and Bono. Larry cannot even last a full show anymore, it's why they had the interlude on I&E where he could drum while standing up, or the Conga thingy during Crazy Tonight on 360. He plays with special tape wrapped around his arms and back due to his tendonitis. The guy's not going to play 5 shows in 7 days anymore. He simply can't.
The other problem is Bono's voice that keeps getting weaker. When they play 2 nights in a row, the 2nd night it's noticably worse. Getting worse and worse as the tour gets longer. So I'm not sure if you'd want to be there on that 5th night in 7 days... the quality would certainly be less than on day 1.

The other problem is Bono's voice that keeps getting weaker. When they play 2 nights in a row, the 2nd night it's noticably worse. Getting worse and worse as the tour gets longer. So I'm not sure if you'd want to be there on that 5th night in 7 days... the quality would certainly be less than on day 1.

I really dont see how Bonos voice is getting weaker. Ive seen numerous shows on tours and his voice has always been very very strong.

I really dont see how Bonos voice is getting weaker. Ive seen numerous shows on tours and his voice has always been very very strong.

Listen to bootlegs of say, Amsterdam IE tour night 1 and night 2, or for bigger difference night 1 and night 4. You'll hear he's getting less power in and sometimes lets the crowd sing more.

There is something to it. They're old. They need more rest between shows these days. That's not a debatable thing.

Also if one more person tells me November/December 2017 OR 18 for Australia and New Zealand I'll slap them.

Because it's the most plausible rumour. Stadiums don't mind booking concerts in between the soccer season (I was watching a game from Melbourne recently and was trying to work out why the pitch had been replaced in random spots, then realised it was the shape of the Coldplay b-stage) but you can easily get weeks free at stadiums here at that time.

Plus the weather is nice, it's the off-season in the Northern Hemisphere, I've heard of conversations from a few more sources than I need to in order to ignore them all....

All that said, I wonder what the opening event would be for the new Perth Stadium.

Everyone really should check out
Larry playing at the Yamaha event a few days ago...Hitting the drums like I've not seen him do so in years!!! Especially Pride...

I am still planning my US, Boston - New York trip with hopeful U2 shows. Just reserved hotel rooms that will be charged when i get to the hotel.

5 nights in Boston and 6 in New York. But now to the question, what is the easiest way to get all the way to Gilette Stadium when in Boston? Just realized its along way from actual Boston. I wont be renting a car so i Uber a good way to get there?

The reserved hotel is close to Bunker Hill monument.

Then we have New York, what is the best way to get out to Metlife stadium? :D

Everyone really should check out
Larry playing at the Yamaha event a few days ago...Hitting the drums like I've not seen him do so in years!!! Especially Pride...

With Butch Walker who I love. That version was great....

whereas.... that Edge version with Juliette Lewis is the worst POS I ever heard... she even made Edge sound bad... good cause, terrible music.

. But now to the question, what is the easiest way to get all the way to Gilette Stadium when in Boston? Just realized its along way from actual Boston. I wont be renting a car so i Uber a good way to get there?

The reserved hotel is close to Bunker Hill monument.

Commuter rail I think is your best bet, I'd assume Uber would be expensive for that ride.

MBTA > Riding the T > Trains to Gillette

With Butch Walker who I love. That version was great....

whereas.... that Edge version with Juliette Lewis is the worst POS I ever heard... she even made Edge sound bad... good cause, terrible music.

When the chorus started, I was embarrassed for Edge...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom