Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a second Dublin show on Friday July 21st (it will become the first show).
Milan, Italy and Nice will be announced next week. Tour will end in Nice. No second show for Barcelona.

Huh.

Hope that is the case.

There will be a second Dublin show on Friday July 21st (it will become the first show).
Milan, Italy and Nice will be announced next week. Tour will end in Nice. No second show for Barcelona.

Weres that info from?

Interesting news for Aussie/NZ fans:

So last night I was at the Adelaide Strikers final Big Bash Game (a cricket match for you who don't know) which was at Adelaide Oval. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be in a private box and sitting around me for most of the match were people from Live Nation out of Melbourne. I got chatting to one lady that was sitting next to me who turns out to be a liaison for Adele's concert in March at Adelaide Oval and also TwentyOne Pilots at the AEC...both Live Nation artists. I asked her if U2 are coming and she said "YES!" and it will most likely be in either Nov/Dec this year or March 2018. She said it was only last week that Live Nation AU were talking to U2's people about stadium availability. Apparently they are trying to push for Nov/Dec this year, presumably for the Joshua Tree tour.

Take it with a grain of salt but it looks like it's happening.

Hopefully this is true. Can't see it being Joshua Tree though.

That time frame seems pretty logical if they do this JT tour, and then drop the album September.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Does anyone know for a fact if we can reuse our pre sale codes for the pre sales on Wednesday for the new shows announced today? I already scooped up 4 tickets last week but don't want risk any cancellations. I checked the updated FAQs on U2.com but they do not address that question. Thx for any info

Hopefully this is true. Can't see it being Joshua Tree though.

That time frame seems pretty logical if they do this JT tour, and then drop the album September.

Why couldn't it be for the JT tour. This tour is a guaranteed smash success in any market, and LN knows that. Also, by the end of this year it'll be 7 years since U2 came down under, so it's past time for another visit.

I know we'd all like to believe that U2 will release SOE this fall and that the I&E Tour will resume right after, but I really don't think that's going to happen.

Milan, Italy and Nice will be announced next week. Tour will end in Nice. No second show for Barcelona. Also hearing Zurich, Switzerland, Helsinki, Finland; Horsens, Denmark; Gothenburg, Sweden and Portugal might get shows but the band are split about extending the tour any further. Australia in or around November or December and South America is also on the bands radar but not until March 2018.
How many times do the phony dates you post have to be pointed out as complete bullshit until you stop?

I do wonder if they'll extend this beyond the time frame they already have set. The reality is is that they could take TJT Tour to any and every market in the world and sell out multiple stadium nights with relative ease... a 360 Tour part 2 if you will. But it seems to me this was something that came together fairly last minute, so I'm not sure if it's something they are willing to extend past the summer in place of their plans for SOE and whatever they tour next year.

Something that's telling for me is that they are only playing cities in Europe that they also already played on the I&E Tour (with the exception of Rome). I wonder if the intention there is to save those other cities for their eventual inclusion in the I&E Tour. I'm thinking the following cities are being held back, based on not being played in 2015 and having a suitable arena that could accommodate the I&E Tour.

Lisbon
Madrid
Montpellier
Zurich
Milan
Bologna
Vienna
Munich
Frankfurt
Hamburg or Hanover
Prague
Poland city
Budapest
Riga (was rumored to be getting I&E shows)
Helsinki
Oslo
Copenhagen
Manchester
Birmingham

Does anyone know for a fact if we can reuse our pre sale codes for the pre sales on Wednesday for the new shows announced today? I already scooped up 4 tickets last week but don't want risk any cancellations. I checked the updated FAQs on U2.com but they do not address that question. Thx for any info

No, you cannot it seems based on this e-mail from U2.com that I received this morning.

"U2.com subscribers who have not yet used their unique presale ticket code will be able to enter a presale for these shows later this week - information will be emailed, tomorrow, Tuesday."

Something that's telling for me is that they are only playing cities in Europe that they also already played on the I&E Tour (with the exception of Rome). I wonder if the intention there is to save those other cities for their eventual inclusion in the I&E Tour. I'm thinking the following cities are being held back, based on not being played in 2015 and having a suitable arena that could accommodate the I&E Tour.

Lisbon
Madrid
Montpellier
Zurich
Milan
Bologna
Vienna
Munich
Frankfurt
Hamburg or Hanover
Prague
Poland city
Budapest
Helsinki
Oslo
Copenhagen
Manchester
Birmingham
Well, they did the opposite in the US. They're playing the major markets, yea... but there are a lot of shows on this tour that were left out of i/e... Dallas, Houston, Philly, Miami, Tampa, DC, Cleveland.

The dates read like the second NA leg of i/e

Last edited:

Lisbon
Madrid
Montpellier
Zurich
Milan
Bologna
Vienna
Munich
Frankfurt
Hamburg or Hanover
Prague
Poland city
Budapest
Helsinki
Oslo
Copenhagen
Manchester
Birmingham

That's a very good point!! It is remarkable that they tour the same markets in Europe as they did in I&E-Tour. But taht resoning also implies that the US may be skipped in future I&E legs? It is remarkable that U2 seems so overplay some markets in US for Joshua Tree Tour (I will be surprised if the shows all sellout as quickly as teh European shows)

That's a very good point!! It is remarkable that they tour the same markets in Europe as they did in I&E-Tour. But taht resoning also implies that the US may be skipped in future I&E legs? It is remarkable that U2 seems so overplay some markets in US for Joshua Tree Tour (I will be surprised if the shows all sellout as quickly as teh European shows)
Prepare to be surprised.

These tickets will fly off the shelves tomorrow.

So last night I was at the Adelaide Strikers final Big Bash Game (a cricket match for you who don't know) which was at Adelaide Oval. Fortunately I was lucky enough to be in a private box and sitting around me for most of the match were people from Live Nation out of Melbourne. I got chatting to one lady that was sitting next to me who turns out to be a liaison for Adele's concert in March at Adelaide Oval and also TwentyOne Pilots at the AEC...both Live Nation artists. I asked her if U2 are coming and she said "YES!" and it will most likely be in either Nov/Dec this year or March 2018. She said it was only last week that Live Nation AU were talking to U2's people about stadium availability. Apparently they are trying to push for Nov/Dec this year, presumably for the Joshua Tree tour.

:up: Thanks for sharing

Interesting that they'd raise March as a possibility, a lot of stadiums would be entering football mode, so that could affect availability. Then again, this year the MCG is having a T20 match a few days after a GNR concert, so it might depend on the venue. e.g. Etihad seem to be stricter on this probably due to historically poor grass surface. MCG is an unknown because they haven't had a proper concert since Sound Relief in 2009.

Last edited:
No, you cannot it seems based on this e-mail from U2.com that I received this morning.

"U2.com subscribers who have not yet used their unique presale ticket code will be able to enter a presale for these shows later this week - information will be emailed, tomorrow, Tuesday."

What if you only brought 3 in the original pre sale does that mean i can buy one more ticket?

Question: my brother wants to subscribe to U2.com and wants to try and get tickets in the presales for the second Amsterdam show

But he doesn`t have a Visa Card, can he use mine?
Or will U2.com see it`s the same card used for the first Amsterdam presale show (got 4 tickets last week)

Thanks in advance!!!

Totally did not need to see this. :hmm:

Question: my brother wants to subscribe to U2.com and wants to try and get tickets in the presales for the second Amsterdam show

But he doesn`t have a Visa Card, can he use mine?
Or will U2.com see it`s the same card used for the first Amsterdam presale show (got 4 tickets last week)

Thanks in advance!!!

I can't confirm this, but I think there is a risk they will think its the same person. A ticket scalper of course who was smart would try to have a different credit card for each account that he registered, making U2.com and ticketmaster think or believe it was a different person. The risk is that you could get all of your tickets canceled and membership revoked. I don't know how likely that it is though. But you should be aware of it.

I don't know if there is someway you could contact staff at U2.com or ticketmaster and ask them this question, but that would be your safest bet. Also re-read the faq on U2.com about purchasing tickets and you might find your answer as I'm sure they re-update it.

Last edited:
Philly GA easy

Wow, I'm surprised. I would of thought Philly GA would have been long gone after the pre-sales. Demand was through the roof in Europe. I wonder if demand for some reason will be much softer in the United States. Demand was much softer for several cities on the innocence and experience tour in 2015 in the United States.

Had no problems for Foxboro presale last week for GA. Tried to grab a couple more today. The app is only pulling up resale seats. Sold out in less than 10 min?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom