Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour - Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #136
War Child

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdamfan View Post
What's up whit cancelling tickets by ticketmaster and used codes?
I have 4 Amsterdam and then2 for brussel and 2 for croke. So your saying they cancel them? when?
If you've used the same pre sale code then sometimes they cancel the tickets, sometimes they don't. I believe you're allowed a max of 4 tix for this pre sale.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #137
The Fly

Local Time: 07:25 PM
Ok thanks. So i wait to book a place to sleep in Dublin....

Old 01-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #138
New Yorker

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdamfan View Post
Ok thanks. So i wait to book a place to sleep in Dublin....

Go on booking.com mate,you can book a hotel on there and you dont pay anything until you get there

Dont mean to scare you either but i pretty sure if you over use your code they cancel all your tickets not just the extras youve brought. Buying on different countries ticketmasters will probably hide this though. Seems to be hit and miss with cancellations
Old 01-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #139
War Child

The hotel prices for that weekend in Dublin are absolutely insane!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #140
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
The hotel prices for that weekend in Dublin are absolutely insane!

Booked one literally seconds after the date was announced,come to £70 each between 3 of us. Which wasnt bad. Prices are mad now. This happened last time
Old 01-14-2017, 12:02 PM   #141
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
Booked one literally seconds after the date was announced,come to £70 each between 3 of us. Which wasnt bad. Prices are mad now. This happened last time
I paid €250 for 1night for me and the wife. Crazy price but that was the cheapest hotel! For the I&E tour we only paid about €110 for 1night in the Arlington in the city centre.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:02 PM   #142
Babyface

Local Time: 08:55 AM
Hey guys, first time poster here. So when are people lining up for GA? I've only seen U2 twice (both times on the Elevation tour - 17 years ago!!!), and I remember getting in line around noon or so, and being able to get inside the heart for that tour. Should I expect to line up around noon again? I'm going to the Vancouver show, fwiw.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:03 PM   #143
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:55 AM
It's the #1 reason why I have to skip Dublin once again... one day I just bought the bullet and do it, but the prices are fucking coocoo. Direct flight are over a thousand round trip from NYC area airports... which, hey, if I'm making a week trip out of it, fine. But for just a quick jaunt over it's simply not worth it.

Maybe if it was Slane...
Old 01-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #144
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
It's the #1 reason why I have to skip Dublin once again... one day I just bought the bullet and do it, but the prices are fucking coocoo. Direct flight are over a thousand round trip from NYC area airports... which, hey, if I'm making a week trip out of it, fine. But for just a quick jaunt over it's simply not worth it.

Maybe if it was Slane...
I don't know why but flight prices(from the UK) and hotel prices are through the roof for this. I don't get it, it was nothing like this for I&E, perhaps because that was spread out over a number of nights? I'm looking at, all in around £650 for the two of us for flights, tickets and hotel for 1night in Dublin. I almost wish I'd never bought the tickets now as I've also got to get myself to Twickenham and the accommodation for that, it'll be well over £1000 for this tour.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #145
New Yorker

Quote:
I don't know why but flight prices(from the UK) and hotel prices are through the roof for this. I don't get it, it was nothing like this for I&E, perhaps because that was spread out over a number of nights? I'm looking at, all in around £650 for the two of us for flights, tickets and hotel for 1night in Dublin. I almost wish I'd never bought the tickets now as I've also got to get myself to Twickenham and the accommodation for that, it'll be well over £1000 for this tour.

Booked all this on Wednesday, got my GA tickets for croke. Flights from Birmingham to Dublin were £60, thats there and back. theres 3 of us going in a triple room which cost £70 each (£210 for the room) all in all its cost me £200 for the trip. That to me is really good and would roughly cost around the same if i went to london. Tickets,trains and hotel.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #146
War Child

Quote:
Booked all this on Wednesday, got my GA tickets for croke. Flights from Birmingham to Dublin were £60, thats there and back. theres 3 of us going in a triple room which cost £70 each (£210 for the room) all in all its cost me £200 for the trip. That to me is really good and would roughly cost around the same if i went to london. Tickets,trains and hotel.
Ryanair are wanting £385 return overnight for two of us from Glasgow to Dublin! I got £9 return flights for the I&E tour! I'm waiting hoping the price drops in a month or two. If not we'll fly to Belfast for £80 return and get the bus down.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #147
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Maybe if it was Slane...
I'd walk there if it was Slane! Anything to relive that magical day once again.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #148
New Yorker

Quote:
Ryanair are wanting £385 return overnight for two of us from Glasgow to Dublin! I got £9 return flights for the I&E tour! I'm waiting hoping the price drops in a month or two. If not we'll fly to Belfast for £80 return and get the bus down.

£385 bloody hell that is steep. Supose the only other option is flying further down south maybe Manchester. But then that price to belfast is good so save u traveling down south maybe better traveling south in ireland.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #149
War Child

Quote:
£385 bloody hell that is steep. Supose the only other option is flying further down south maybe Manchester. But then that price to belfast is good so save u traveling down south maybe better traveling south in ireland.
Yeah, Aer Lingus want £340. Is there something else on that weekend in Dublin as every other weekend or day is only around £100 return? I can't believe they've inflated prices because of a U2 concert?! I'll hold off a few months and see then if prices come down, if worst comes to the worst we'll get the ferry to Belfast and bus down.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #150
New Yorker

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

Quote:
Yeah, Aer Lingus want £340. Is there something else on that weekend in Dublin as every other weekend or day is only around £100 return? I can't believe they've inflated prices because of a U2 concert?! I'll hold off a few months and see then if prices come down, if worst comes to the worst we'll get the ferry to Belfast and bus down.

The hotels would definitely be inflated because of the concert,it happened on the 360 tour when i went. I wouldnt of thought that it would effect the flights though but im just guessing.

Try this site mate, aer lingus flights coming up at £222 return for two people

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...y-view#results

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...01-14T21:03:48