6/28 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great show. In row 2 (called row 7) of section 139 - level with the B stage on the B stage side of the stadium. Screen is a concert changer - sets a new bar. Incredible. And the sound was fantastic - period. Especially for an outdoor event.

Only issues was old mate next to us who had a million tins and was lit like a Xmas tree and was in the middle of an epic argument with his partner. Left after Beautiful Day. Fitting really...

Oh - and tools who smoke weed at a show. That crap stinks.

Went in to GA after Lumineers and got right up to Red Zone outer rail with no problem. Leaving stadium was a fucking disaster. Waited over an hour, no uber or Lyft could get to lot. Walked out on highway and flagged down a private car and paid them to take me home.

Went in to GA after Lumineers and got right up to Red Zone outer rail with no problem. Leaving stadium was a fucking disaster. Waited over an hour, no uber or Lyft could get to lot. Walked out on highway and flagged down a private car and paid them to take me home.

Agreed - leaving Metlife is an unmitigated fucking disaster. Caught train back. Huuuuuuge lines. Frequency of trains slow. Stopped half way from Meadowlands to Secaucus for 10 minutes - to let other trains passed? Not sure why really.. Trains sooooo overcrowded. Thought I was in India and should be jumping on the roof. Secausus to Manhattan train also stopped for 10 minutes before the tunnel as only 1 line in the tunnel was in use. Faaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

East River tunnels are all fucked up, so expect delays at times. I darted straight for the train from GA... it's tight outside the SAP gate. Was first on the second train out and got home relatively easily.

There are busses that go to Port authority as well for anyone looking for alternate transportation

I was lucky to find a Uber that got to the lot in 10 mins. Only cost me $90... to get back to Penn station area where hotel is located. Was kinda worth it considering how much my feet ached. Could barely walk to the hotel after the ride. Waiting on a train and all that shit wouldve been unbarable for my feet. But today i got seats so today i Will take it chill.

Oh and the show was great, was close to the tree stage so saw the band close up and had a perfect view of the screen. :D :D :D

Oh and why isnt there Uber pool? Would be a no brainer? I was alone in my ride and felt bad about it since i wanted to help other waiting people out.

Amazing show, i never did GA for U2 before last night. It was everything i could have hoped for and then some.

Amazing, i was about 8 people deep from the B stage...will post some pics when i can.

image.jpg. Pretty much same place both nights top of tree. Lined up at 11:30 day one #242 . Lined up day two at 2pm #262. Had a blast both days in line. Met a lot of cool people. Girl next to me took the pics. I was to busy dancin.

I forget what section I was in exactly (I think 311). Anyway, the point it, my ticket was listed as "side view". Really they should have said "obstructed view" because when I sat down, I realized to my horror that I COULDN'T EVEN SEE THE FREAKING SCREEN! Thanks a lot, TicketMaster. More like TicketPhailer. (I did that on purpose).

Other than that, the show was great! I loved Bono's joke at the beginning of Trip Through Your Wires - the harmonica, an instrument invented in Germany, perfected in America, and now murdered by an Irishman.

The whole show was great, but for me the particular highlights included:
Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Bad
Pride
Streets
ISHFWILF
WOWY
Bullet
RTSS
Red Hill
In God's Country
TTYW
OTH
Exit
Mothers
Miss Sarajevo
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Vertigo
Ultraviolet
One
The Little Things

Just some particularly good songs, but the whole thing was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom