This is NOT what we wanted - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2017, 08:16 PM   #151
The Fly

Local Time: 10:47 PM
I'm still hoping they'll close with "40" in Cleveland.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #152
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:47 PM
I'm still not a spoiled brat who whines about the best form the band have been in in probably decades.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
Maybe all we need...
yeah U2 needs some shots in the arm
Old 05-22-2017, 11:24 PM   #154
45:33

Local Time: 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpsreports2442 View Post
Starting this tour's shows with Sunday Bloody Sunday, tuned farther down to compensate bono's voice- may I add, is the laziest idea they've ever pursued.

IT'S THE JT TOUR! Start the show with Where the Streets Have No Name with the guys rising above the stage (zoo tv style). It's a stadium show; it's logical, gets the crowd excited, and move those songs to the middle of the JT album set so they don't bore non-hardcores with Exit and Trip.

This might possibly be the most uncreative thing the guys have ever done on tour.

There, I said it.

And yes I'll still be attending
This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen on this forum.

Some people here need to get a life. I feel more positive and happy about U2 after LA1 and LA2 than I have in many years.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:15 AM   #155
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
This is one of the dumbest posts I've seen on this forum.

Some people here need to get a life. I feel more positive and happy about U2 after LA1 and LA2 than I have in many years.
Don't criticize other members on this forum for forming their own subjective opinions; The purpose of Interference is for fans to write their thoughts based on what they've seen, heard and/or experienced; more-so specifically based on their current setlist.

I'd be more than happy to hear what you liked and didn't like from the setlist from the shows you've seen, but there's no room for name calling.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:04 AM   #156
The Fly

Local Time: 04:47 AM
Quote:
Don't criticize other members on this forum for forming their own subjective opinions; The purpose of Interference is for fans to write their thoughts based on what they've seen, heard and/or experienced; more-so specifically based on their current setlist.

I'd be more than happy to hear what you liked and didn't like from the setlist from the shows you've seen, but there's no room for name calling.
Yeah but putting 'we' in the title infers you speak for the majority so it's going to put some backs up from the off.

I think if a band is going to be starting a lot of gigs in the daylight then a powerful song is needed. So can understand them starting with SBS in that case.

But it's great to hear Exit, amongst others, again - and the western clip at the start is very ZooTV for me. Could do without Elevation and BD - but a very happy with Ultraviolet returning.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #157
The Fly

Local Time: 03:47 AM
This tour has got a troubling sense of laziness to it so far. It's almost as if they are pacing themselves, playing it ultra safe and not wanting to give it everything on a sold out stadium tour.

Honestly I think we should start accepting the fact that we aren't going to be getting any shows longer than 22/23 songs during this tour. They've settled in nicely to their routine of songs all of which, they have been rehearsing.

It does still baffle me why they keep changing up the set list for the worse. Each show I am expecting them to rip into something different and give us a surprise but no, they go with cutting songs out!

The most realistic thing we can hope for is that they bring back ASOH, anything else at this stage is just unrealistic, as sad as it is to say.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #158
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:47 PM
:facepalm:
Old 05-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #159
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemccauley View Post
This tour has got a troubling sense of laziness to it so far. It's almost as if they are pacing themselves, playing it ultra safe and not wanting to give it everything on a sold out stadium tour.
it's the tour they never wanted to do. Not surprised at the laziness.

I'll concede they have rehearsed well and generally nailed the JT songs. But they _have_ to play these songs. The rest of the show is a token effort and that says it all.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #160
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:47 PM
I like how some of the most vocal critics in here, who you know have actually seen the show, and historic fact disagree with both of you.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #161
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I like how some of the most vocal critics in here, who you know have actually seen the show, and historic fact disagree with both of you.
Nobody likes to admit they wasted their money. I am sure the JT set is great. It'd probably move me to tears if I was there. But the rest of the show has all the hallmarks of a band with little interest in the whole exercise.

You tell me, where will this tour sit in the U2 hall of fame?
Old 05-27-2017, 10:01 AM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemccauley View Post

Honestly I think we should start accepting the fact that we aren't going to be getting any shows longer than 22/23 songs during this tour. They've settled in nicely to their routine of songs all of which, they have been rehearsing.

It does still baffle me why they keep changing up the set list for the worse. Each show I am expecting them to rip into something different and give us a surprise but no, they go with cutting songs out!

The most realistic thing we can hope for is that they bring back ASOH, anything else at this stage is just unrealistic, as sad as it is to say.

Good god you guys are spoiled as fuck
Old 05-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #163
Vocal parasite

I agree with so many criticisms about show length, disappearance of ASOH, very limited song selection, etc., but I grow tired of them being expressed as part of the "U2 were forced to do the tour and hate being out there" conspiracy theory.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:43 AM   #164
The Fly

Local Time: 11:47 AM
Quote:
there's no room for name calling.
Where was the name calling? Cobbler called you out for some inane opinions. Do not confuse robust disagreement with name calling, or worse, misrepresent the situation as such.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #165
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:47 PM
Setlist length: Could be bigger (also something my girlfriend says to me in the bedroom)

However my first U2 show was 21 songs. On the Vertigo Tour. So frankly? I don't care. They can either blast 21 good songs or be lazy for 25 songs.