This is NOT what we wanted - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:23 PM
I've been avoiding this forum until I actually saw the show and well it doesn't disappoint. Gotta love setlist bitching from people who haven't actually been to a show. SBS was great as an opener. I thought it was smart to not open with Streets. They built up to it.

Oh and the crowd freaking LOVED ASOH. I still can't believe I heard it live, along with OTH, IGC, EXIT and RHMT. As a fan not old enough to go to the original Joshua Tree Tour this was a dream come true.

Apparently, LA1 had a bit of a setlist switch up, so I'll be curious to see what they do today.

Also, never change Interference!

Old 05-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #137
The Fly

Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemccauley View Post
TJT played in sequence is great but it's what surrounds it that's questionable. The show is still so short for a stadium tour. The Encore is very stale and Sarajevo sucks the life out of the entire show. I really don't understand the out of the blue decision to play I Will Follow as the very last track, why get everyone's energy up and then walk off? It's bizzare.
This is the first person that I have read that didn't like ending with a high energy song like "I Will Follow". I can't figure how anybody would think this is bizzare but to each his or her own of course.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #138
The Fly

Local Time: 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi1970 View Post
This is the first person that I have read that didn't like ending with a high energy song like "I Will Follow". I can't figure how anybody would think this is bizzare but to each his or her own of course.

Because it's not supposed to be on the set list? It's a track that has always been played at the beginning of each set? The Little Things is supposed to be the closing song.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #139
The Fly

Quote:
TJT played in sequence is great but it's what surrounds it that's questionable. The show is still so short for a stadium tour. The Encore is very stale and Sarajevo sucks the life out of the entire show. I really don't understand the out of the blue decision to play I Will Follow as the very last track, why get everyone's energy up and then walk off? It's bizzare.

IWF at the very start of the show would improve the set 10 times over, I never thought i'd say that as I was firmly on the side of calling for it to be dropped and rested for this tour. The fact that now i believe it would improve it 10 times over speaks volumes.

I think this tour is becoming more and more stale and I pray that they can give us some variation in the encore to make things more memorable. Include some tracks that was played on 360, even EBTTRT.

The opening act with SBS and New Year's Day is very cool but it does feel thrown together just to lead into TJT. Pride into Streets just does not work.

It feels like they'd rather be elsewhere, there was a quote on the atu2 forum that it doesn't seem that Bono has done the pre tour preparation that he usually does. I think the case of Live Nation forcing them to tour something has lead to this and whilst its great to see them performing live. For the anniversary of TJT they could have come up with something better than this..... Even just a longer set would be so much better!
I try not to armchair quarterback their setlist decisions to death. Unlike most of us, they have been in the music business for over 40 years and though I may not like everything they choose to play, I just go with it and try to enjoy the show for what it is.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #140
The Fly

Quote:
Because it's not supposed to be on the set list? It's a track that has always been played at the beginning of each set? The Little Things is supposed to be the closing song.
In that case, I'm glad U2 isn't the type of band that always does what's "supposed" to be done because it's written on paper.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:20 PM   #141
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi1970 View Post
In that case, I'm glad U2 isn't the type of band that always does what's "supposed" to be done because it's written on paper.

I've never suggested that. The last few tours they have generally kept to a tight script and schedule each show. There has never been much improvisation gone into their shows.

Whereas this time it doesn't feel right and it has been questionable, at least in my eyes
Old 05-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:23 PM
I Will Follow is supposed to be played early.

Now I've heard everything.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #143
Acrobat

Quote:
I've never suggested that. The last few tours they have generally kept to a tight script and schedule each show. There has never been much improvisation gone into their shows.
i have to disagree with this. Shows regularly vary from night to night and Bono not infrequently throws in different snippets during shows (my favorite was in Montreal for the 360 tour when the intro to Streets was changed on the second night from Amazing Grace to Hallelujah, a nod to Leonard Cohen who was from Montreal) . I've seen Bono dance with both Elvis and Santa Clause at the same time during a show. I've even seen them do Vertigo twice one night. I think they try to mix things up as best they can.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #144
The Fly

SBS, IWF, NYD, ASOH, P, JT, ZS, UTEOTW, TF, UV, O, B, 40. Would live this. Won't happen but I will have an awesome time at the shows I am going to, Miami, NY1, NY2 no matter what they play. Just as much fun now as when I saw them at Tiffanys Ballroom in Glasgow many years ago.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #145
War Child

You're The Best Thing should close the show.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:15 PM   #146
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Send everyone dancing home?

Old 05-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #147
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

U2 should close the show with Shot in the Arm
Old 05-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Old 05-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #149
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
U2 should close the show with Shot in the Arm

Maybe all we need...
Old 05-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

we are leo? fuck Bono's gotta listen to us