Tampa Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as I was just discussing with Ax on twitter, the speeches before One on this tour are getting to be Vertigo-levels bad

Remember the Vancouver show and how we were all "wow, not much speechifying!"? How things have changed in the past month.

U2.Com: Breaking: U2 To Cover Rolling Stones' She's A Rainbow in Tampa Tonight

the snippet of this in UTEOTW from Chicago3 on the I&E tour was pretty brilliant. fits pretty well during the "love love"s...was pretty cool compared to the "where is the love?" he was doing for most of the tour. which was either a reference to Love and Peace or worse, the Black Eyed Peas.

I kind of wish they'd bring back Love and Peace. like even that would be better than Sarajevo. but Please I think we all can agree would be the best choice for that slot

Remember the Vancouver show and how we were all "wow, not much speechifying!"? How things have changed in the past month.
yes. and remember when they played ASOH? and ended the show with a new song? great stuff

Raymond James Stadium - Tampa, FL - June 14, 2017

---------- The Whole of the Moon ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
14 - Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- Omaima Video ----------
16 - Miss Sarajevo (Miss Syria) / The New Colossus (snippet)
17 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
18 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
19 - Beautiful Day / Singin' in the Rain (snippet)
20 - Elevation

Raymond James Stadium - Tampa, FL - June 14, 2017

---------- The Whole of the Moon ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
14 - Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- Omaima Video ----------
16 - Miss Sarajevo (Miss Syria) / The New Colossus (snippet)
17 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
18 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
19 - Beautiful Day / Singin' in the Rain (snippet)
20 - Elevation
21 - Vertigo

Rock 'n' roll...

so I guess we're ending the show now with the same three songs we've heard a billion fucking times from the 2000s

Just got back from the gym where I worked out for an hour and listened to POP in its entirety. Checked in here and see that tonight's set list party only hit 4 pages.

Just got back from the gym where I worked out for an hour and listened to POP in its entirety. Checked in here and see that tonight's set list party only hit 4 pages.

Heck, if they had at least played something like SATS we'd be into Tampa Setlist Party Part IV by now :lol:

If they are going to persist and play Vertigo, why not throw Little Things in there somewhere....maybe between One and Beautiful Day? I don't know.

I went to the show tonight and overall it was very good. The stand outs to me were Bullet, Exit and Bad. So glad the rain stopped before they came on....nice rainbow over the stadium before they went on, though. I prefer arena's but it was still a blast.

Oh, and Edge was on FIRE (for real haha)

Last edited:
So I'm starting to think it's just me tonight.
Sorry, I was at something called the Hell Is Real Derby last night.

And I'll be at Louisville tomorrow night. But I'll try to be here for most of the east coast shows.

Geez that speech before One is getting long as Bono tries to cram in every soundbite he likes.
He's just reading what's written on the teleprompter.

By replacing Little Things with Vertigo, they've managed to make the shows even shorter and simpler to perform without actually dropping a song. Impressive.

Shh... Next they'll be swapping bad with mlk to reprise the opening night setlist.

Man dropping ASOH is horse shit

I mean, it really is.

And I know people didn't like TLTTGYA as a closer, but I loved hearing it in Pittsburgh with the other three people who were there. ;) I know they are trying to get the whole stadium rocking, which Elevation and Vertigo do. So does Bad (not that I would EVER advocate dropping it). I would love just one little bone for the die hards.

Back
Top Bottom