Seattle Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vertigo would kinda work thematically to close this tour, too (everything in disarray but holding on to love). A rotating ripping 80s classic injects a nice surprise at the end though.

whooooa, double post.

woah.gif

Wow, seems like this show had a totally differing vibe than Vancouver, Eddie Vedder/MOTD was just incredible.... Cheers Cori! So happy you got to see this show....

Despite the typo in the Rolling Stone story, Is this true or false?

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" led right into "New Year's Day," also from 1983's War. They've done this song more than 700 times, but this was the first time Bono has ever sang "And so we're told this is the golden age/And gold is the reason for the wars we age" from the final verse.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...ect-the-joshua-tree-at-us-tour-opener-w482231

Last edited:
For those noting that people in the crowd looked cold, it was! At least it didn't rain, and I was dancing around enough that I took off my jacket, but it was downright chilly. This spring has suuuucked.

But at least it stayed dry for the show.

Was it this thread where people were asking about the "IMAP" mention at the beginning of I Will Follow? Found out it's the big screen - see the story at the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/U2Band/comments/6bbzj7/i_met_bono_and_the_edge_at_chambar_in_vancouver/

We also met Bono on suturday as he was leaving Chambar restaurant. Thanks for posting this

It should be IMAG short for image magnification, not IMAP

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAG

The term IMAG is a short form for "image magnification" used in the audiovisual production industry. It refers to large-scale theatrical or concert video projection to enable audience members seated at great distance from the stage to see details of the performer's body language and facial expressions that could not be seen with the unaided eye.[1][2][3][4]

Despite the typo in the Rolling Stone story, Is this true or false?

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" led right into "New Year's Day," also from 1983's War. They've done this song more than 700 times, but this was the first time Bono has ever sang "And so we're told this is the golden age/And gold is the reason for the wars we age" from the final verse.

U2 Resurrect 'The Joshua Tree' at U.S. Tour Opener - Rolling Stone

Axver can answer that for sure, but it might be true. Don't remember it being in any live performance before. Might tie in with the whole gold fetish Trump has.

Aside from the fact you are backing up your own post...

Homie don't play that game, I'm not JDM111er. And for the record, I will see U2 for the tenth time in Cleveland. I'll just think about being on a beach somewhere during Bono's political diatribe.

Homie don't play that game, I'm not JDM111er. And for the record, I will see U2 for the tenth time in Cleveland. I'll just think about being on a beach somewhere during Bono's political diatribe.

Or, I don't know, maybe listen to the other sides rather than bury your head in the beach :shrug:

Axver can answer that for sure, but it might be true. Don't remember it being in any live performance before. Might tie in with the whole gold fetish Trump has.

He has done "maybe the time is right" sometimes, but I don't think "golden age" has ever been done. Maybe there are one or two freak shows out there from the War Tour that do, but I can't recall any right now. There is one very weird partial New Year's Day from the Pre-War leg, and even that doesn't have the verse (it has "time is right" twice though, and begins with a verse from the US Mix/Kevorkian Mix):

Hell, even on this Japanese TV performance beset by difficulties, he makes up other lyrics rather than singing the "golden age" line:

He has done "maybe the time is right" sometimes, but I don't think "golden age" has ever been done. Maybe there are one or two freak shows out there from the War Tour that do, but I can't recall any right now. There is one very weird partial New Year's Day from the Pre-War leg, and even that doesn't have the verse (it has "time is right" twice though, and begins with a verse from the US Mix/Kevorkian Mix):

I'm sure RS reviewed every extant War-era bootleg before making this claim.

Hell, even on this Japanese TV performance beset by difficulties, he makes up other lyrics rather than singing the "golden age" line:

Interesting. The verse was also performed in Vancouver. How long will it last?

I'm pretty sure it was done that way at the rehearsals as well. I had no idea it was unusual. I just thought RS was full of s*** in their article

Last edited:
I cannot shake the feeling there are one or two performances out there with the verse, but if there are I cannot recall them. All the shows on my list of likely suspects that I checked this morning don't have it.

I cannot shake the feeling there are one or two performances out there with the verse, but if there are I cannot recall them. All the shows on my list of likely suspects that I checked this morning don't have it.

There are no performances before this tour with that verse.

There are no performances before this tour with that verse.

And you've listened to the lot?

I haven't checked the New Zealand UF shows yet but a couple of people suggest it might have been sung then.

A rotating ripping 80s classic injects a nice surprise at the end though.

As great as the current set is, there's obviously an element of inflexibility that we have to accept, but if there is something extra to look forward to with a rotating a song or two at the end of the set, then I'm on board.

Electric Co. come on........ :shifty:

He did change the line to "and oil is the reason for the wars we wage" - seems like a very deliberate inclusion that is likely to stick around

Back
Top Bottom