Playing the JT B-sides Could Really Enhance This Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
I don't know about anyone else but I find it crucial that they rotate some of these into the set.

Deep in the Heart, Walk to the Water, Luminous Times, even Race Against Time.

How awesome would it be if they actually rehearsed these and gave them a proper full band treatment...and Bono actually memorized the lyrics?

I mean - play them like they mean it and rehearse them as much (or more since they've never played them live) as the other songs in the set.

This would be extraordinary but who knows if they'll do it...

Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing will will surely get played (and I assume that's why you didn't mention them here) but 3 of the 4 you did list will kill a stadium gig stone dead. :huh:

Not a chance in hell. They already consider the non warhorse JT tracks to be rarities let alone doing something they have never done before and diving into b-sides. Also since these are stadium shows I really dont think b-sides would work. If they were intimate fan shows (as if U2 would care enough to do this) then it'd be great.

Could see maybe one or two, chosen among Sweetest Thing, Heartland and Silver & Gold.

Eh, they're already takin a big risk performing the back half of JT in front of so many damn people. And since Joshua Tree and the material leading up to it is basically already being given so much setlist acreage, I don't see what most fans would really get out of Race Against Time instead of Elevation for example.

I think we might see Spanish Eyes at some point though. That's about it.

Spanish Eyes in Barcelona and maybe a handful of appearances by Sweetest Thing. I don't see them debuting any B-Sides they've never played before.

Back
Top Bottom