Pittsburgh (Not Paris) Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA - June 7, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet)
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
14 - Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- Syria Video ----------
16 - Miss Sarajevo (Miss Syria)
17 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
18 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
19 - Beautiful Day
20 - Elevation
---------- Happy Birthday (for Jake Berry) ----------
21 - The Little Things That Give You Away

Thank you, prbiker15! :hug:

stadium holds about 70k, so loss of seats/plus GA tix I'd say capacity would be around 65k for this show

If that's true for capacity. They blocked off 7000 seats in the upper half of the top decks and there were about 1000 unsold tickets last time i checked yesterday afternoon. So possible attendance of 57k? Conservative 55. Thats pretty damn good.

How did the half-empty GA compare to the other stops on tour?

I just saw the pic of the GA. This is so strange. I would say it's about 2/3rds full. But they haven't had GA tickets on sale on Ticketmaster for over a month! Why they stop would selling those is really a strange.
So maybe it will be closer to 45k. We shall see.

I just saw the pic of the GA. This is so strange. I would say it's about 2/3rds full. But they haven't had GA tickets on sale on Ticketmaster for over a month! Why they stop would selling those is really a strange.

Certain cities may have some different regulations as to how may GA tix they can sell (fire regulations etc)
If there were not tix for sale then you can be assured that whatever the GA capacity # was, it has sold out. LN/TM are not going to leave money on the table.

Looking at pictures, I can't imagine there were less than 50,000 people in that stadium last night

How was Little Things in person for someone who didn't know a lot going in?

I knew and loved the song going in. I thought it was fantastic. People were leaving GA though, but it looked like a bunch of people left after the JT set. I was in this sixth row of the lower bowl 50 yard line so I dont know if people behind me left, but I didn't see a mass exodus other than some GA. But their loss. All the people around me were into it.

Certain cities may have some different regulations as to how may GA tix they can sell (fire regulations etc)
If there were not tix for sale then you can be assured that whatever the GA capacity # was, it has sold out. LN/TM are not going to leave money on the table.

Looking at pictures, I can't imagine there were less than 50,000 people in that stadium last night

The Pittsburgh paper said 40,000. That seems low, but I'm. It from here and this was my first time at Heinz Field so I really don't know what I'm talking about.

The Pittsburgh paper said 40,000. That seems low, but I'm. It from here and this was my first time at Heinz Field so I really don't know what I'm talking about.

40,000 seems incredibly low;
even if there were only 50k seats sold (so 20k seats not available due to stage set up; which based on the stage location that seems way too many) and say 7k GA tix (lower than most locations) that would mean 17k empty seats that were available for sale...that's a 3rd of the available seats empty...

This. It all comes down to fire code, it doesn't matter square footage you may see down there, the amount of tickets is based purely on exits, and the length to exit, and this can vary per city even.

Yeah, GA is tricky. The number of people that can fit in an open area with no chairs is a LOT. I was at a comedy show at a large theater last week and was up in the balcony. I looked down and counted the rows and number of seats in each row. And there were 2,000 people seated on the floor of the theater. Much more than i would have estimated by just looking and guessing.
Then imagine no seats and an area over half the size of football field and that is a lot of bodies.
I'm hoping we get the boxscore numbers when the US leg wraps up. Interested in seeing PA, Rose Bowl, Chicago and Seattle numbers for sure.

Did anyone catch Bono snippeting "Breathe"? I forget which song it was during, but he was basically reciting the lyrics from the last chorus. None of the U2 setlists I've seen have included it.

Did anyone catch Bono snippeting "Breathe"? I forget which song it was during, but he was basically reciting the lyrics from the last chorus. None of the U2 setlists I've seen have included it.

Sing your heart out during With or Without You?

I've chatted with Ax about it. It's Bono talk and assuredly not an intended snippet.

Sing your heart out during With or Without You?

I've chatted with Ax about it. It's Bono talk and assuredly not an intended snippet.

Just watched video of the performance. My memory must be failing me, I thought he said some other lines but I was wrong.

My guess is they wanted people to buy the more expensive seats that were selling so poorly.

40,000 on a Wednesday in the Rust belt with a Saturday show a stone's throw (2 hours) away is still pretty remarkable. It just obviously lacks in comparison to Saturday in LA at the Rose Bowl. But I think most bands would be thrilled with a 40,000 grab given the location and night of week...and average ticket price. Cap choices are basically theaters, sheds, arenas, and stadiums...there is no 45,000 cap to choose, so you go to the stadium. I imagine the 40,000 there were rather into it...

40,000 on a Wednesday in the Rust belt with a Saturday show a stone's throw (2 hours) away is still pretty remarkable. It just obviously lacks in comparison to Saturday in LA at the Rose Bowl. But I think most bands would be thrilled with a 40,000 grab given the location and night of week...and average ticket price. Cap choices are basically theaters, sheds, arenas, and stadiums...there is no 45,000 cap to choose, so you go to the stadium. I imagine the 40,000 there were rather into it...

This...and yes we were.:rockon:

Spent 5 of the best years of my life in the 'burgh- saw vertigo tour there all by my lonesome at the old Igloo. Great energy and vibe from the crowd - I recall my arms draped over the shoulders of a couple strangers belting out Pride together and we all might have been crying! I don't know as I was stoned to the bejeezus). They nearly closed out the Claw Tour there (then added the Moncton dates, IIRC). It's a great town. Wifey is from there and we get to go back from Chi often. I feel like I'm defending the town, and I really don't know why, but I'm glad the band hits it up as frequently as they do. It's the gleaming, coughing gem of the rust belt. It was the first place I felt at home after leaving home. It might be my favorite city.

Wow! What a great performance of Streets right there!

Maybe the band won't go back for a stadium gig. Probably for an arena one. Maybe they don't care if the stadium isn't full if the punters are going nuts. That'll happen in Pittsburgh. Have you seen what they do to that place for a fucking Kenny Chesny concert?! Google it. You'll never stop laughing!

Thanks for this!

Back
Top Bottom