Pasadena 1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the new song, but you just can't end a nostalgic tour with a brand new song. Keep in the mix, then go to Bad and IWF

Rose Bowl - Pasadena, CA - May 20, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - A Sort of Homecoming / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
14 - Exit / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencerá (snippet)
---------- BREAK ----------
16 - Beautiful Day / City of Stars (snippet)
17 - Elevation
18 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
19 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
20 - Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
21 - America (snippet) / Bad / America (snippet)
22 - I Will Follow

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Well, that certainly went different than I expected.
Very curious to see what tomorrow's set list will be.
I think The Little Things will be back.

They are clearly still working things out, setlist-wise. Just because Little Things misses one show doesn't mean SoE is in jeopardy. I mean, did anyone expect them to play it every night?

Rose Bowl - Pasadena, CA - May 20, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - A Sort of Homecoming / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
14 - Exit / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencerá (snippet)
---------- BREAK ----------
16 - Beautiful Day / City of Stars (snippet)
17 - Elevation
18 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
19 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
20 - Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
21 - America (snippet) / Bad
22 - I Will Follow

Don't care about it ending, but they were playing it, but now not - can't be a good sign for new album.

Perhaps 2 show cities will get The Little Things at the end of the 2nd show.

Seems to me that the difference between ending with IWF or with The Little Things is very noticeably.

Though it is pretty gutsy to end with a new song, perhaps the response would be different if it were a more upbeat and rocking song. But the majority of the people will respond the strongest to a well known old upbeat rocker (ala I will follow)

The simplest solution would be to start the post JT encore with the new song instead of ending the show with it. It would get a vastly better reaction, something that has clearly rattled the band playing it when people are streaming out in droves to beat the traffic at the end of the show. Everything else, including having Bad early in the pre-JT set is fine although I'd be very happy if they dumped this weak version of MS and slotted just about anything else, even another slow song in it's place.

Don't care about it ending, but they were playing it, but now not - can't be a good sign for new album.

Are you serious? :lmao:

Bad is definitely better later in the set, and damn I love a high-energy song like I Will Follow closing. This is the best encore they've had so far this tour.

Just got out. God damn that was an amazing show.

As someone attending the show I'm happy Little Things didn't get played, but as a forum fan it has me spooked that they are getting cold feet again.

It's almost like this band tries to kill new material on purpose due to weird setlist positioning. The Troubles should have been a solid live song.

I really don't know why they bailed at the last minute on Bullet/Troubles. That would've been perfect.

I think I did a full lap of the stadium trying to find item check in. Yes I'm tired.

Which one of you was fuck trump dude

I really don't know why they bailed at the last minute on Bullet/Troubles. That would've been perfect.

Agreed. Imagining Bullet/ Troubles/ Streets combo. Thinking of all the great segues into Streets over the years. I bet they could've come up with some magic there with a beautiful Troubles outro.

In the spirit of baseball season, if I had my line up card out and using tonight's setlist as it was played, I think a good slot for The Little Things would be between Pride & Streets at the 6 spot. I don't care for Pride/ Streets combo as much as a mournful or sorrowful song before Streets. Plus it would be ballsy of the guys to move it up that far but still a safe spot squeezed between two warhorses.

The armchair setlist critique in me wishes they still played the new song, but it looks like LA got a great show.

Also, I approve of the City of Stars snippet:heart:

Are you serious? :lmao:

Bad is definitely better later in the set, and damn I love a high-energy song like I Will Follow closing. This is the best encore they've had so far this tour.

But that isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying I do t care where TLTTGYA is, it should be there, and the fact that it isn't can't mean anything good

I would be worried if this was the 2019 untitled world* (*=North America and Europe) tour and they dropped it, but it's The Joshua Tree tour....no biggie....it'll 99% likely be back in the setlist tomorrow.

Dan and friends who think Little Things not being played at one show is a sign SOE has been canned, you can calm down.

It was on the printed setlist after Bad.

The band just decided to play I Will Follow instead on the spur of the moment.

It's all lipstick on a pig. I just got back from the Rose Bowl. The b side tree songs were cool for me to see but other than that it was weak.

Opening with SBS doesn't work and the sound was muddy until WOWY then it got muddy again later.

I didn't think it was possible to do a bad rendition of Ultraviolet but there it was. The randomness of the encore was stupid but at least they played Bad.

Sorry my review is so negative. It was great to see them again but....

Huh, so much for what Travis thought he heard then. He thought they were having tech problems early on.

Having gone to the show, this thread is pretty funny in hindsight. I gave up on the possibility of Bad myself, but after hearing ASOH, RTSS, RHMT, Trip, One Tree Hill, Exit, Mothers, Miss Sarajevo and Ultraviolet, complaining about anything would have been fucking stupid.

And apparently Pavel pretented to be Bono again. And climbed from the floor to the seats during the last song of the Lumineers. Which caused a commotion and then he got kicked out (of GA)
So that's who it was. That fucker. He really ruined the Lumineers last song, which happens to be a favorite of mine. Distracted everyone, no one was paying attention. What a fucking attention-whoring loser.
"who doesn't believe in Larry Mullen Jr?"

Nekminnit Larry comes in early and fucks up the song [emoji38]
That. Was. Amazing. Hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom