Paris #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will follow really worked as a closer the two times I saw it. Wonder if it was spontaneous this time.

he was singing Happy Birthday to someone at the beginning of MW

and the gal that got onstage...hello!

he was singing Happy Birthday to someone at the beginning of MW

and the gal that got onstage...hello!

haha she was brilliant and beautiful and really went for it - jeesus she was not shy lmfao
was hilarious as B-man took her by the hand as though to walk her round to calm down the sexy dancing :lol:

seriously was a wonderful night - security was very tight (reassuringly) - they had barricades between the train station and the stadium, with soldiers, armed police, security, heavy stuff really thinking about things - everyone got scanned and patted down + bags checked at that point, and then more security after going thru turnstiles - loads of security everywhere actually, but glad to see them around the place...

amazing atmosphere at the Stade, awesome Mexican wave took off - was so lovely, and then the crowd roared when Whole of the Moon came on... opening salvo of SBS into NYD was just killer and i literally in fact died and went to heaven when they played A Sort of Homecoming - just perfect

felt so right to hear the album played from start to finish - the boys were so tight and just phenomenal really... had a great view of the screen - stunning - was nice to stand back and take it all in really

Bullet was searing, best i've heard/seen it yet, and Running to Stand Still was of course bliss

i loved the Sally Army band visuals on Red Hill and those bloody horns worked brilliantly in fact haha (i have a soft spot for the Sally Army, knew a fair few people who passed thru their doors growing up)

so incredible to hear those songs, IGC, TTYW, OTH - can't believe i wasn't planning on going to this show, and so glad i did!

thought the visuals/theatrical performance on Exit were really good (i'm hugely critical when it comes to physical/theatrical performance stuff and B-man often walks a very fine line between genius and hamming it up real bad, and i have to say he was bang on with this, timing, ending, everything, was in fact epic)

loved all the visuals, Miss Sarajevo/Syria, just really moving

the crowd were amazing, really into it, and ending on IWF was perfect, the Stade went out on a real energy high

so, all in all, a really happy, blissful night, surrounded by happy smiling faces haha

aside from the music, this really funny thing, some English guys made their way thru the crowd and stood by us half way thru the gig - they were utterly tanked but funny, not annoying, and then, i think it was at the start of One, everyone put their arms in the air, and this lad put his arm in the air still holding onto his beer and literally poured it over his head, the whole thing, and by this point i was crying with laughter, only it took him ages to realise and he eventually realises his head and face and clothes are covered in beer and he looks around to see where it's coming from and then looks up and sees his empty cup still over his head and he looked really disappointed at the waste of good beer haha, then they moved forward into the crowd, and a little while later, we have to make room for security, carrying one of them out on a stretcher - the dafties - hope he was ok, not the best way to end a gig haha

anyway, definitely up there among my best U2 gig experiences :heart:

Nice and true review
Also alot's of first
First i will follow in eu, first stand by me snippet in ishfwilf in 2017 and i know its olny rock and rool but i like it in vertigo (yeah x4 realy powerful one would tkink preetaped?)
Show was realy special for me and my gf, also there for paris (ohh), my 5ft u2 show and i think the best for me,
Realy nice setlist, crowd realy into, wether holded with rain so nothing serius (crew coverd and uncoverd drum kit on bstage like 3 times, didtn know what to do)
Did little srcew on OTH both bono and edge but hearing it for first time was epic
Overall realy perfect night, glad i went to 2nd show, was treated like a real fan with TJT and with hits
I always forget how quickly show passes by when u wait for so long
Also noticed
New visuals for MW and instagram boomerang montage of girl is realy nice
In elevation when larry is on he almost went in to quick and adam laughet at him
Beer is quite expensive at 8 eu and 2 for cup
Security was tight, me and my gf walk from stadion to 18district and at moments was quite scarry, metro was fuul like all the stadium went there
Bono didnt talk very much a litle french and before IGC and in one a little

Ok i will say it again, best show ever, band sounded like they re on fire, i was following 1leg, dint want 2nd and still was realy suprised how everyting works well
They are really confidant with show, and they should be beacuse it realy is amazing

Thank you for your burst of positivity :up:

haha thanks - was a bit of an overexcited summary - impossible not to be positive after such a great gig!

Nice and true review
Also alot's of first
First i will follow in eu, first stand by me snippet in ishfwilf in 2017 and i know its olny rock and rool but i like it in vertigo (yeah x4 realy powerful one would tkink preetaped?)
Show was realy special for me and my gf, also there for paris (ohh), my 5ft u2 show and i think the best for me,
Realy nice setlist, crowd realy into, wether holded with rain so nothing serius (crew coverd and uncoverd drum kit on bstage like 3 times, didtn know what to do)
Did little srcew on OTH both bono and edge but hearing it for first time was epic
Overall realy perfect night, glad i went to 2nd show, was treated like a real fan with TJT and with hits
I always forget how quickly show passes by when u wait for so long
Also noticed
New visuals for MW and instagram boomerang montage of girl is realy nice
In elevation when larry is on he almost went in to quick and adam laughet at him
Beer is quite expensive at 8 eu and 2 for cup
Security was tight, me and my gf walk from stadion to 18district and at moments was quite scarry, metro was fuul like all the stadium went there
Bono didnt talk very much a litle french and before IGC and in one a little

Ok i will say it again, best show ever, band sounded like they re on fire, i was following 1leg, dint want 2nd and still was realy suprised how everyting works well
They are really confidant with show, and they should be beacuse it realy is amazing

:up: glad you had a great time too! still smiling here haha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom