Minneapolis Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This reminds me of Coldplay dropping an EP before they toured North America... and then they played 0 songs from it

U2 released Zooropa and only played "Numb" for awhile... that's kinda the same thing.

U2 released Zooropa and only played "Numb" for awhile... that's kinda the same thing.

At least they played Numb!

Hell, they were playing more new unreleased shit in 2010 than they are now, despite having put out two actual new fucking songs.

Beck didn't go on until 7:48 and U2 didn't go on until 9:40, so I'm not sure if that ultimately factored in. But the people there seemed to enjoy the show as it got going. Beck was a solid opener too... a lot of his songs which didn't have the 'rawk' vibe in studio form too much definitely had it live there.

My sister, who I brought along in GA and wouldn't have even amounted to being a "casual" fan beforehand, said to me afterward "You told me this would be a concert. You didn't tell me this would be an experience!" I sent her all the songs in the week or two leading up to it having her prepare accordingly though. She knew a few of them already due to popularity, but she told me she became big on Sunday Bloody Sunday, Running to Stand Still and Red Hill Mining Town in the process. She was blown away and even got a bit surprised herself when she teared up a bit during Streets and Mothers of the Disappeared! Exit also blew her away too.

And after only getting in line within an hour before doors, she had a rail spot for the last part of the show on the tree stage and had Bono smile at her, so all's well that ends well, new song or not.

There was a Little Red Corvette snip at the end of Mysterious Ways. I heard something last night but couldn't make it out. Just heard it on the video I took.

There was a Little Red Corvette snip at the end of Mysterious Ways. I heard something last night but couldn't make it out. Just heard it on the video I took.

Cheers, added it to the U2gigs database. Was there a Miss You snippet at the start of MW? I wasn't around for the gig and Matkin was unsure.

Nope. There were some Whoo's and Hoo's, but no Miss You

If it didn't show up tonight, it won't show up until October.
The weird thing is they actually said on Fallon that they were playing new songs on this tour. Sure, TLTTGYA counts for sure, but very odd not to hear anything new on the first 3 shows of this leg. Why would they comment on national tv about how surprised they are about playing new songs on an anniversary tour, and then not play new songs?

Who knows, maybe they're gearing up for a massive surprise and instead of playing YTBTAM or Blackout or TLTTGYA, they'll bust out an entirely different song from SOE in the next few weeks.

There's no way we won't hear any SOE until October!

It was an amazing show last night, that's for sure. I'm definitely thankful I had very little knowledge of the setlist and stayed off of YouTube completely... It made the show so much better than when I closely followed sets and videos on YouTube.

The early songs through the Joshua tree set sounded so much more inspired than I've heard them on previous tours, and Bullet, Red Hill, In Gods Country and Exit in particular blew me away. The screen was stunning. My only disappointment was that they didn't play The Best Thing or Little Things.. I'd love to hear Blackout but wasn't expecting it to be premiered last night.

Back
Top Bottom