London #2 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Bad / Heroes (snippet) / Where Are We Now? (snippet)
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires

Anyone wanna bet something for Noel Gallagher showing up at the end and playing something from Pop as the final song? :shifty:

i was too lazy to start the thread

updated: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1DXGyyqjPXEGM

took 20 songs, but we finally have something different from last night: mysterious ways

probably going to end with UV and One... maybe IWF as a bonus.

3 posts...this has to be a record! Great job!

seacrestblind.gif

Last edited:
Anyone know what the Noel Gallagher's HFB setlist was?

I went to last night's show - wondering if HFB played any different songs.

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Bad / Heroes (snippet) / Where Are We Now? (snippet)
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires / Love Me Do (snippet)
One Tree Hill
Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
Mothers Of The Disappeared

encore(s):
Miss Sarajevo
Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
Elevation
Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
Miss You (snippet) / Mysterious Ways
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)

I'm telling you, the market crowd for this show is all about the "see and be seen" factor.

Based on a show in a timezone that isn't conducive to the majority of the users of this website, other than those at the actual show?

Ok, I guess we're all allowed to keep yelling things until they fit our own narrative.

Also the irony of someone with an avatar that looks like someone posing on a fairly average looking sports car, being the one to tell people off about "being seen" is just fantastic.

What did I miss?

Also, I kept the set a surprise so I haven't read any of the prior ones and have intentionally stayed out of the loop.

Waited 7 years to hear Bad. I'm happy. Also, NYD. Crossed my fingers for All I Want is You, didn't get it though. But, always another time.

Show was great. But what happened to the debut of new material re: the best thing or whatever the working name on that project is?

What did I miss?

Also, I kept the set a surprise so I haven't read any of the prior ones and have intentionally stayed out of the loop.

Waited 7 years to hear Bad. I'm happy. Also, NYD. Crossed my fingers for All I Want is You, didn't get it though. But, always another time.

Show was great. But what happened to the debut of new material re: the best thing or whatever the working name on that project is?

The Little Things That Give You Away (right?) was last night. You also missed Don't Look Back In Anger and that means you were supposedly ripped off, but.....one off songs are not exactly new.

Glad you had a blast! That's how it is for people who aren't there nightly and reading setlists on a screen.

Also that Dfit fellow thinks you only attended to show off that you could afford to attend. Feel free to set him/her straight.

You completely misunderstood my point.

The fans here at Interference were commenting that the crowd at the first London show was lame in the sense of not being engaged enough, taking restroom breaks during great songs (Exit), chatting loudly during the concert and leaving early before the show ended.

These particular attendees are what constitute and fit into the "see and be seen" kind of crowd like I have mentioned, this isn't just for this particular show, it also happened everywhere through the US shows as well during the first leg. I am not saying everyone fits into this metric at every show, but in most cities it can get be anywhere from 20%-30% of the crowd give or take.

And on a sidenote, the guy in my avatar is not me posing with a sports car. Do you even know who he is? Or care enough to know who he is?

You completely misunderstood my point.

The fans here at Interference were commenting that the crowd at the first London show was lame in the sense of not being engaged enough, taking restroom breaks during great songs (Exit), chatting loudly during the concert and leaving early before the show ended.

These particular attendees are what constitute and fit into the "see and be seen" kind of crowd like I have mentioned, this isn't just for this particular show, it also happened everywhere through the US shows as well during the first leg. I am not saying everyone fits into this metric at every show, but in most cities it can get be anywhere from 20%-30% of the crowd give or take.

And on a sidenote, the guy in my avatar is not me posing with a sports car. Do you even know who he is? Or care enough to know who he is?

Those Avatar pics are tiny;
but it kinda looks like Alan Partridge!

The Little Things That Give You Away (right?) was last night. You also missed Don't Look Back In Anger and that means you were supposedly ripped off, but.....one off songs are not exactly new.

Glad you had a blast! That's how it is for people who aren't there nightly and reading setlists on a screen.

Also that Dfit fellow thinks you only attended to show off that you could afford to attend. Feel free to set him/her straight.

I figured they'd just play the little things every night in support - but I suppose U2 is pretty bad at trying to sell their new music in live shows pre-release.

Also, I mean, Noel et. al. played Don't Look Back in Anger. For someone who had no interest in NG, and for someone who is American rather than British, it was quite a treat to see so much Oasis on his lineup. But boy... that dude will forever be the most bitter looking and acting guy haha.

In regards to showing off that I could afford to attend... I write to you now from a hostel bed that cost me $30 a night. I joined a Facebook group to help find a GA ticket at face value - missed all the drops and didn't get any luck during the sale times. First ticket was shipped to me in France and it disappeared in the mail - currently in an insurance claim over that. Sort of a mess, but I need that money back. Because the second ticket cost me $140, which hit the wallet hard. Oh, and my flights were €9.99 each way. I can assure everyone that if I was showing off my ability to spend money, I would have avoided the cheapest possible option of every single alley of this journey.

Howwwwwever, the lovely polite Canadian folk I was socializing with did make a comment about how the folks on the fence were unimpressed with everything BUT the rare material like Exit or MOTD. Like, arms crossed during beautiful day sort of stuff. Aside from those folks, everyone was heavily engaged and loving the show.

Oh also, fuck the person who threw the smoke bomb literally right after Noel dedicated the song to, among others, the victims of the Manchester bombing. So tacky, it spooked a lot of people.

Anyone know what the Noel Gallagher's HFB setlist was?

I went to last night's show - wondering if HFB played any different songs.

NGHFB - London Setlist 9th July 2017

Everybody's on the Run
Lock All the Doors
In the Heat of the Moment
Riverman
Champagne Supernova
You Know We Can't Go Back
Half the World Away
Wonderwall
Little by Little
Don't Look Back in Anger
AKA... What a Life!

Has there ever been a shorter set list thread in the history of interference? Wow!
My reaction as I saw the thread was :ohmy::lol:

again the time difference etc

Looks like this part of the forum will be a ghost town until September. :sad:

:lmao: This made my day.
Dr Ray that was a funny catch! :applaud:

prbk - OTOH the London shows were on the weekend.

I'll bet the weekday shows will elicit some
sneaky peeks from various work sites around the USA! :ohmy::lol::wink:

Back
Top Bottom