London #1 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO Vertigo, Elevation and BD should have been at the start to get the crowd going, then SBS, NYD and pride - pushing the JT back.

WOWY needs to be played in the dark.

Use of the screen was absolute rubbish.

The GA floor looked liek it was only using 75% capacity - could easily have fitted a few more thousand on it.
When I heard whole of the moon start I thought people better hurry up and get out onto the pitch,very surprised when it didn't fill up.

Although you wouldn't have had a great view right at the back,so that's probably why they stopped at so many tickets.

These 3-4 PM EST starts are deadly, might end up missing most of the European setlist parties.

I won't be around later today, so somebody else will have to start today's setlist party. Preferably an hour or two earlier than I started yesterday's.

That said, it might even be worth following Noel's setlist today, to see whether or not he plays DLBIA. The absence or appearance of that song in his opening act would obviously be a big hint about whether or not it'll appear in U2's setlist later tonight.

I won't be around later today, so somebody else will have to start today's setlist party. Preferably an hour or two earlier than I started yesterday's.

That said, it might even be worth following Noel's setlist today, to see whether or not he plays DLBIA. The absence or appearance of that song in his opening act would obviously be a big hint about whether or not it'll appear in U2's setlist later tonight.

Yeah, I'm curious about whether that was a one-off or if it will become a regular feature on this leg. Honestly I'd prefer it just to be a one-off or London only.

Yeah, I'm curious about whether that was a one-off or if it will become a regular feature on this leg. Honestly I'd prefer it just to be a one-off or London only.
It'd be rubbish for everyone else who's bought tickets for the tour and they only do it once. I don't think it should close the set but the shows set list is a bit messed up anyway.

On reflection I'm still overall disappointed by last night, don't know what it was but it was one of the poorest U2 gigs I've been at, be it the awful London crowd(where I was standing) or set list, I don't know.

It'd be rubbish for everyone else who's bought tickets for the tour and they only do it once. I don't think it should close the set but the shows set list is a bit messed up anyway.

On reflection I'm still overall disappointed by last night, don't know what it was but it was one of the poorest U2 gigs I've been at, be it the awful London crowd(where I was standing) or set list, I don't know.
This is what happens when people that pretend to be rich go to a U2 concert and spend the money on the tickets just to be entertained, not because they actually like the band's music or are fans in the first place.

Such occurrence as this one also happens in restaurants all the time, people go to restaurants to see and be seen and to pretend that they are rich, even if the restaurant's cuisine sucks and the service is crap.

Sadly this is a byproduct of capitalism and a first world problem that we have to deal with, especially in London with such a massive wealth and investment ingrained within its society.

we just gonna use this thread for tonight's show?

Kinda surprisingly, but not surprisingly, they didn't play Homecoming. Ax is gutted on twitter. Sorry man.

Scope and Mixlr are a mess, but this one seems to have stabled out: http://mixlr.com/u2baby/

Last edited:
we just gonna use this thread for tonight's show?

Kinda surprisingly, but not surprisingly, they didn't play Homecoming. Ax is gutted on twitter. Sorry man.

Scope and Mixlr are a mess

Such a beautiful song too! Personally, I think it would be a wonderful encore opener to replace Miss Sarajevo.

I was pissed they didn't play it for NY2

EzuQDh.gif

missing.jpg

I was there. Great show all around, but I was far away, seated on the second tier. But I enjoyed the show.

I'm dissapointed they didn't play ASOH though. I was hoping for it, seeing as it was their first UK show this tour, so I felt it'd be appropriate. Plus I love the song.

Also really wanted Noel to play "The Dying Of The Light", which is my favourite HFB song, and one of my favourite songs ever, Though I can understand why it wouldn't be played, as it's a dark and sad song. But it's amazing.

Anyway, glad I got to see TJT album live in it's entirety, including RHMT, which was the main reason I brought a ticket in the first place, as it's one of my all-time favourite songs.

This is what happens when people that pretend to be rich go to a U2 concert and spend the money on the tickets just to be entertained, not because they actually like the band's music or are fans in the first place.

Such occurrence as this one also happens in restaurants all the time, people go to restaurants to see and be seen and to pretend that they are rich, even if the restaurant's cuisine sucks and the service is crap.

Sadly this is a byproduct of capitalism and a first world problem that we have to deal with, especially in London with such a massive wealth and investment ingrained within its society.

You are correct, this capitalist London crowd were awful, nobody danced or jumped up and down or sang loudly as you can see from this video!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I would like to congratulate you for the most stupid post of the year, i'm glad you had a shit time

Back
Top Bottom