Kansas City Setlist Party - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #46
The Fly

Local Time: 09:40 PM
We did the Chicago 2 show in June. I liked that the GA at KC was a bit more mellow - space to move around. The volume affected my wife and we moved towards the back of the floor / got a great view regardless.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:31 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:40 AM
Kansas City Setlist Party

I think certain venues have their own limitations on how many GA tickets are sold. There was an extremely low number of tickets sold on the floor at the East Lansing show in 2011, for example. Somebody posted a picture of it from up above, it looked really weird to have half the field basically empty, except the sound booth. That was at MSU's request.

In Indy the other night it looked very full, uncomfortably so.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
I think certain venues have their own limitations on how many GA tickets are sold. There was an extremely low number of tickets sold on the floor at the East Lansing show in 2011, for example. Somebody posted a picture of it from up above, it looked really weird to have half the field basically empty, except the sound booth. That was at MSU's request.

In Indy the other night it looked very full, uncomfortably so.
I also attended Indy, was on the field at a front rail spot about halfway down Adam's side, and actually I was amazed at how much space I had, as well as the people around me. Maybe it looked more crowded because everyone had a little more personal space which dispersed them out a bit and made for a more consistent density all over the floor.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I was there, and it looked really empty until after Beck, especially up in the seats, but they filled up fast when he was done. Someone brought a beach ball into GA, so that was fun.

People were smoking a lot of weed the entire time and I've never seen so many drunk 40-60 year old people in one place! A drunk couple that was old enough to know better literally shoved me out of the way about 2/3 through the show and started making out. These big-city people, I swear... But I had a good time.

I hate to say it, but Ultraviolet was really lame. Turning it into a political/feminist song takes all the energy out of it. That was the low point of the whole show.

I was so happy to finally hear Bad live! I cried.

My brother thinks Bono was lip-syncing YTBTAM. I didn't pay close attention to Bono because I couldn't see the B stage very well.

Shout out to the nice lady who gave me a plastic Joshua Tree beer cup, since I couldn't find one after the show.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:17 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchuk5 View Post
Fun to see them hit smaller markets with stadium shows this leg. Never thought they'd do it, especially after the "major cities only" IE tour, but here we are.
"Smaller market"? Seriously?
Old 09-14-2017, 11:24 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchuk5 View Post
They're making a conscious decision to minimize their anti-Trumpiness this tour. This is the "Red State" leg, but they seemed restrained even in DC (where he got 4% of the vote, not a typo).
I'm glad they're doing that. There's nothing to be gained by spewing political opinions at this point in America. Some people will get angry and the rest already agree with them, anyway, so what would it accomplish? I think they are doing a good job of making their point while staying classy and not overdoing it.

Tags
2017, kansas city, party, setlist, the joshua tree, tour, u2