Kansas City Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The encore has been tinkered with more than they messed with Songs of Innocence. Last show's order worked better.

Arrowhead Stadium - Kansas City, MO - September 12, 2017

--------- The Whole of the Moon ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / War (snippet) / America (West Side Story) [snippet]
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
---------- Trackdown Video ----------
14 - Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- ENCORE BREAK ----------
16 - Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
17 - Elevation
18 - You're the Best Thing About Me
19 - Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet) / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) [snippet]
20 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

Yeah, the Elevation/Vertigo transition has been working well lately. Not sure why they decided to split it up.

And that's it. Love the Drowning Man snippet.

Arrowhead Stadium - Kansas City, MO - September 12, 2017

--------- The Whole of the Moon ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / War (snippet) / America (West Side Story) [snippet]
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
---------- Trackdown Video ----------
14 - Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- ENCORE BREAK ----------
16 - Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
17 - Elevation
18 - You're the Best Thing About Me
19 - Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet) / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) [snippet]
20 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
21 - One / Drowning Man (snippet)

Last edited:
I just don't get why they did that new version of Bullet for Fallon, and haven't kept it for the tour. Goddamnit U2.

I think they did that version of Bullet for Fallon's show for their anti-Trump comments :heart:, and then used the video intro for Exit at the shows to voice their opinion. My 2 cents.

They're making a conscious decision to minimize their anti-Trumpiness this tour. This is the "Red State" leg, but they seemed restrained even in DC (where he got 4% of the vote, not a typo).

IMG_2212.JPG Field wasn't full (it wasn't at Dallas either) but the seats and parking lot sure were

Yeah, the Elevation/Vertigo transition has been working well lately. Not sure why they decided to split it up.
Eh, it's not a bad idea to slot a new song that you're unsure of it's reaction in between two sure fire crowd please, especially if it's an uptempo number like Best Thing (personal opinions of the song aside).

The best way to gauge the size of an audience is to watch a video of "Bad". Seems like KC was basically a full house. I think TM has gotten good at spreading people out in the upper levels to make it appear fuller than it actually is. Either way, a great feat for U2 to draw 40,000+ to Kansas City on a Tuesday night, considering their last visit in 2001 was in an arena that wasn't even sold out! They drew enough people to fill the Sprint Center twice, with some change, and there's only a few acts that could do that!

I'm curious now to see what they do in New Orleans, St. Louis and Phoenix.

New Orleans and Phoenix have sold very well if you look at the ticketmaster maps. St. Louis not so good but still a lot better then it was

They're making a conscious decision to minimize their anti-Trumpiness this tour. This is the "Red State" leg, but they seemed restrained even in DC (where he got 4% of the vote, not a typo).

Well, the "D.C." show was in Maryland, which went 34% for Trump, if you want to put a fine point on it. I don't think the band gets into the weeds like that, though.

I was at this show last night. It was really good. A bunch of my co-workers (casual and non-U2 fans, mostly) went as well. I was GA - they were mostly in seats. Feedback I have been hearing at the watercooler:

1) Sound was too loud from from the seats / distorted the songs.
2) Setlist was too frontloaded - literally "I didn't know many songs after the first five or six" - at least until th encore.
3) People are surprisingly not into Elevation, BD, and Vertigo. This surprised me because this is the sort of hook for casual fans. Apparently they wanted to hear more JT-era stuff.

My only big criticism is that on the two shows I have seen for this tour, UV is not very good. It feels completely stripped of its energy, which is a shame because I love that song.

Best Thing was enjoyable...for a song I think is decent but not great.

Beck was fantastic - very talented band.

I was at this show last night. It was really good. A bunch of my co-workers (casual and non-U2 fans, mostly) went as well. I was GA - they were mostly in seats. Feedback I have been hearing at the watercooler:

1) Sound was too loud from from the seats / distorted the songs.
2) Setlist was too frontloaded - literally "I didn't know many songs after the first five or six" - at least until th encore.
3) People are surprisingly not into Elevation, BD, and Vertigo. This surprised me because this is the sort of hook for casual fans. Apparently they wanted to hear more JT-era stuff.

My only big criticism is that on the two shows I have seen for this tour, UV is not very good. It feels completely stripped of its energy, which is a shame because I love that song.

Best Thing was enjoyable...for a song I think is decent but not great.

Beck was fantastic - very talented band.

I was in KC last night as well and on the floor as well.

#2 is about what one could expect -- my non U2 road trip buddy counted 10 songs he knew, the others he did not.

#3 -- from what I could tell, Elevation and Vertigo got quite a strong response, Beautiful Day a bit less so.

I agree on UV... it was a bit lower energy but perhaps cuz I (and maybe others) were too focused on figuring out how many of the women on the screens I knew about / recognized etc.

It was very loud and yes a concert should be loud but either I'm showing my age or they could dial it back 10% and still be fine... that said, I thought the sound was great and I did not pick up any distortion despite the volume.

As far as the crowd size, I thought it was fine -- KC is a regional market - so those that had not already gone to Dallas and or Chicago on the first leg, had a chance in this town.

A Tuesday night show coupled with other nearby shows in Minneapolis, Indianapolis and St. Louis within a couple of weeks either side that are also weekend nights influenced sales and attendance. Many fans I talked to had been to Chicago in June and attended this show as well.

Overall I thought the show was outstanding - the weather was perfect, Beck was great, U2 performed with great energy and seemed very intent to make it a special night and not sort of phone it in... they succeeded.

Lastly, I thought the Best Thing sounded great and in my opinion go a better than I expected reaction, at least on the floor.

We did the Chicago 2 show in June. I liked that the GA at KC was a bit more mellow - space to move around. The volume affected my wife and we moved towards the back of the floor / got a great view regardless.

I think certain venues have their own limitations on how many GA tickets are sold. There was an extremely low number of tickets sold on the floor at the East Lansing show in 2011, for example. Somebody posted a picture of it from up above, it looked really weird to have half the field basically empty, except the sound booth. That was at MSU's request.

In Indy the other night it looked very full, uncomfortably so.

I think certain venues have their own limitations on how many GA tickets are sold. There was an extremely low number of tickets sold on the floor at the East Lansing show in 2011, for example. Somebody posted a picture of it from up above, it looked really weird to have half the field basically empty, except the sound booth. That was at MSU's request.

In Indy the other night it looked very full, uncomfortably so.

I also attended Indy, was on the field at a front rail spot about halfway down Adam's side, and actually I was amazed at how much space I had, as well as the people around me. Maybe it looked more crowded because everyone had a little more personal space which dispersed them out a bit and made for a more consistent density all over the floor.

I was there, and it looked really empty until after Beck, especially up in the seats, but they filled up fast when he was done. Someone brought a beach ball into GA, so that was fun.

People were smoking a lot of weed the entire time and I've never seen so many drunk 40-60 year old people in one place! :lol: A drunk couple that was old enough to know better literally shoved me out of the way about 2/3 through the show and started making out. These big-city people, I swear... :tsk: :lol: But I had a good time.

I hate to say it, but Ultraviolet was really lame. Turning it into a political/feminist song takes all the energy out of it. That was the low point of the whole show.

I was so happy to finally hear Bad live! I cried.

My brother thinks Bono was lip-syncing YTBTAM. I didn't pay close attention to Bono because I couldn't see the B stage very well.

Shout out to the nice lady who gave me a plastic Joshua Tree beer cup, since I couldn't find one after the show. :up:

I'm glad they're doing that. There's nothing to be gained by spewing political opinions at this point in America. Some people will get angry and the rest already agree with them, anyway, so what would it accomplish? I think they are doing a good job of making their point while staying classy and not overdoing it.

Back
Top Bottom