Joshua tree set list speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Desire
I Will Follow
Gloria
Beautiful Day
Heartland
Angel of Harlem
Sweetest Thing
New Year's Day
The Unforgettable Fire
Please
One
Pride (In the Name of Love)

Joshua Tree
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mothers of the Disappeared

Encore
Where the Streets Have No Name
With or Without You
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
"40"

Still holding out hope for Drowning Man.......but I am sure the set list will be "casual fan" friendly like the I/E shows turned out to be (towards the end)

Nothing past AB would be pretty weird I've got to be honest... maybe they put BD and Vertigo in the first bit or something.

Or maybe it's just a rehearsal set for the day rather than anything set in stone. We already know provisional sets change markedly in the last week of rehearsals. Months to go yet.

Or maybe it's just a rehearsal set for the day rather than anything set in stone. We already know provisional sets change markedly in the last week of rehearsals. Months to go yet.

This. Its way too early to start making a setlist on paper.

Now if there was a POP song listed......

but the setlist's right there on paper! :wink: pretty safe bet nothing's in stone though, obviously

I'm just impressed they're even rehearsing now. Didn't expect anything for another month!

but the setlist's right there on paper! :wink: pretty safe bet nothing's in stone though, obviously

I'm just impressed they're even rehearsing now. Didn't expect anything for another month!

Probably nailing those JT songs down before show rehearsals which probably start in 3rd week April. As stated by the promo/tour...U2 is playing the entire album live. Kind of hard for them to back track.

Less than 90 days to go...:hyper:

Don't forget, this is the band that's had printed setlists for soundchecks, with song orders not resembling anything ever played.

But yes it's definitely encouraging both that they're already in rehearsals and that JT is there in full.

The cynic in me expects Exit to make it all the way to the final dress rehearsal and then they drop it for Beautiful Day.

To be fair that encore's probably just on the sheet simply to blow the cobwebs off those songs.

haha well yeah let's hope the majority of their time is being spent rehearsing the joshua tree! But at least they're giving the staples a quick runthrough here and there and not just going out and winging it without any practice..

...well not anymore :wink:

I think its a good setlist !!! Alot of older tunes !!!
:applaud:
Thanks Adam Clayton for this preview!

11 O clock tic toc
I Will Follow//Out Of Control
Gloria
October-NYD
Sunday Bloody Sunday
A Sort Of Homecoming
The Unforgettable Fire
Please
(break)
The JT set
(break)
City Of Blinding Lights//Vertigo
MLK/Bad
All I Want Is You
One//40

No chance in hell, other than the usual Spanish Eyes in Spain.

And I think Sweetest Thing is a decent chance too.

The only other b-sides even vaguely on the cards are Silver and Gold, which is reasonably well known, and Luminous Times, since if it doesn't get played this tour we can probably put to bed the faint belief they'll ever play it. I will be rather surprised if either is played, but I don't think they're as impossible as Walk to the Water, Hallelujah Here She Comes, Deep in the Heart, or whatever.

I wouldn't say no chance... would anyone be stunned if Helter Skelter showed it's head?

Yes. After all, it was derided as one of the more embarrassing moments of RAH and the band haven't gone near it for thirty years. I doubt they're in a rush to play it.

11OTT is well overdue for a lengthy revival, especially after its sole performance in 15+ years at The Roxy.

(Buuuut it was only played 3 times across JT87/Lovetown)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom