Indianapolis Setlist Party - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > Set Lists & Songs
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2017, 02:05 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:32 PM
Great show last night. This was my 9th show this year, and I think it might have been my favorite one yet. This album doesn't get old! (But we all already knew that.)

Regarding Ultraviolet, from what I've been able to tell I think the crowd really enjoys it, the "problem" is that the screen is so engrossing that the audience spends the entirety of the song staring at the people on the screen, seeing who will pop up next.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:32 PM
I saw my first U2 show during the Popmart Tour when I was 15. 20 years later, last night was lucky #13. I don't get that starstruck feeling anymore when I see U2 onstage before my very eyes. It's more like getting together with old friends again. I already saw this JT show in Cleveland, and really had to debate internally about going to another show on this tour. Should I spend that evening away from my family? Should I spend money on another ticket that could be used to buy something for my kids? Is it too frivolous to drive 2 hours to see a show that I already saw? W

I am VERY glad I did go. U2 concerts are one of my very favorite things. Who knows how many chances I'll have to go see them again? Maybe that was the last time!! For me, the undisputed highlight was "Exit". Seriously worth the price of admission alone!

Another thing... it was my first time getting a seat at a U2 show since 2001. While the floor definitely has more energy and is more fun, I gotta admit it was nice to park, go get something to eat, and then just stroll in at my leisure and have a seat right there waiting for me. The downside of seats is the low energy level, and the sound was a little bit too quiet. I'm not saying I like ear piercing volumes, but I like to be able to feel the rumble of the bass a little bit.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:32 PM
Just got home from my 48 hours in Indianapolis. I would rate this as the best of the five JT2017 shows I've seen so far. The band was in fine spirits and played great, Bono in fantastic voice. Ultraviolet did feel a little flat/wonky but that would be the only ding on it. The band came off quite well with The Best Thing, one of the few times they've sounded pretty comfortable with a new song the first time out, but they probably rehearsed it to death for Fallon. Did GA but did not queue this time, I came at around 5:35pm, shortly after the queue went in. Staked a rail spot on Adam's side, the rail stayed empty to my right for nearly another hour until it started filling in. But it turned out to be A1 as I had Adam, Edge and Bono playing/singing directly in front of me at various times during the night, and I got some significant eye contact from all three of them.. And it was very spacious there. There was a good audience vibe,

And Indianapolis is a cool city and surprisingly hoppin' without being too precious or hipster about it. Also a very good biking city. I would come back here. Also got to meet up with a U2 pal that I had not seen in 20 years because we never do the same shows! So glad I added this show!

Tags
2017, indianapolis, party, setlist, the joshua tree, tour, u2