Indianapolis Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Showtime in Indy.

Have a great time! Did you end up going alone?

I actually ended up going with a friend who said he wanted to cross U2 off his bucket list. He's a casual fan but seemed to have a good time.

Joshua Tree sounds better when performed as one long piece instead of a series of songs with some talking interruptions.

Yeah, it was annoying to me how he felt he had to tell a little story before each song. I've been a fan over 20 years and all, but I found Bono kind of annoying last night when he would speak. Obviously I know it comes with the territory, but UGH. The America ass-kissing makes me embarrassed for him... it's so blatant and over the top. I found myself thinking STFU AND SING more often than usual.

Not much to say that hasn't been said. Great show, several references to the Dalton Brothers incident of 1987. My only REAL complaint was during the encore. The crowd was going wild during BD, Elevation, Vertigo and even Best Thing, the energy was high. Then along comes Ultraviolet and just sucks the energy out of the room. Love the song, love the 360 version more, but the way they presented it was just boring and really corny. The crowd just died, people started rushing for the exits, etc. If they would've replaced UV with MW, the energy level would've been sustained from the beginning of BD to the end of One, and people would've left thinking "HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!"

I never thought I'd say I wish they'd replace UV with MW, but for the flow of the concert, it would've been the better choice.

Last edited:
I actually ended up going with a friend who said he wanted to cross U2 off his bucket list. He's a casual fan but seemed to have a good time.

Great! My casual fan "friends" made me leave Buffalo early and I'm still not over it...as you can tell. Glad you fared better!

Yeah, it was annoying to me how he felt he had to tell a little story before each song. I've been a fan over 20 years and all, but I found Bono kind of annoying last night when he would speak. Obviously I know it comes with the territory, but UGH. The America ass-kissing makes me embarrassed for him... it's so blatant and over the top. I found myself thinking STFU AND SING more often than usual.

The corny factor in those speeches is off the charts!

Not much to say that hasn't been said. Great show, several references to the Dalton Brothers incident of 1987. My only REAL complaint was during the encore. The crowd was going wild during BD, Elevation, Vertigo and even Best Thing, the energy was high. Then along comes Ultraviolet and just sucks the energy out of the room. Love the song, love the 360 version more, but the way they presented it was just boring and really corny. The crowd just died, people started rushing for the exits, etc. If they would've replaced UV with MW, the energy level would've been sustained from the beginning of BD to the end of One, and people would've left thinking "HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!"

I never thought I'd say I wish they'd replace UV with MW, but for the flow of the concert, it would've been the better choice.

Great! My casual fan "friends" made me leave Buffalo early and I'm still not over it...as you can tell. Glad you fared better!

People leave early at every show anyway to some extent. The band went on at 9:40 for Minneapolis and I saw plenty of movement in the aisles for the last three songs or so, most likely people trying to get a head start on traffic or whatever. Same thing in Chicago this summer.

Last edited:
People leave early at every show anyway to some extent. The band went on at 9:40 for Minneapolis and I saw plenty of movement in the aisles for the last three songs or so, most likely people trying to get a head start on traffic or whatever. Same thing in Chicago this summer.

But most of them probably don't make their best friend of 20 years ,who is a diehard fan and traveled 7 hours to attend the show, leave with six songs to go. (Breathes into paper bag.) [emoji35]

But most of them probably don't make their best friend of 20 years ,who is a diehard fan and traveled 7 hours to attend the show, leave with six songs to go. (Breathes into paper bag.) [emoji35]

Are you two still besties?

I can see you bringing this up in 50 years when you're both little old ladies

Great show last night. This was my 9th show this year, and I think it might have been my favorite one yet. This album doesn't get old! (But we all already knew that.)

Regarding Ultraviolet, from what I've been able to tell I think the crowd really enjoys it, the "problem" is that the screen is so engrossing that the audience spends the entirety of the song staring at the people on the screen, seeing who will pop up next.

I saw my first U2 show during the Popmart Tour when I was 15. 20 years later, last night was lucky #13. I don't get that starstruck feeling anymore when I see U2 onstage before my very eyes. It's more like getting together with old friends again. I already saw this JT show in Cleveland, and really had to debate internally about going to another show on this tour. Should I spend that evening away from my family? Should I spend money on another ticket that could be used to buy something for my kids? Is it too frivolous to drive 2 hours to see a show that I already saw? W

I am VERY glad I did go. U2 concerts are one of my very favorite things. Who knows how many chances I'll have to go see them again? Maybe that was the last time!! For me, the undisputed highlight was "Exit". Seriously worth the price of admission alone!

Another thing... it was my first time getting a seat at a U2 show since 2001. While the floor definitely has more energy and is more fun, I gotta admit it was nice to park, go get something to eat, and then just stroll in at my leisure and have a seat right there waiting for me. The downside of seats is the low energy level, and the sound was a little bit too quiet. I'm not saying I like ear piercing volumes, but I like to be able to feel the rumble of the bass a little bit.

Just got home from my 48 hours in Indianapolis. I would rate this as the best of the five JT2017 shows I've seen so far. The band was in fine spirits and played great, Bono in fantastic voice. Ultraviolet did feel a little flat/wonky but that would be the only ding on it. The band came off quite well with The Best Thing, one of the few times they've sounded pretty comfortable with a new song the first time out, but they probably rehearsed it to death for Fallon. Did GA but did not queue this time, I came at around 5:35pm, shortly after the queue went in. Staked a rail spot on Adam's side, the rail stayed empty to my right for nearly another hour until it started filling in. But it turned out to be A1 as I had Adam, Edge and Bono playing/singing directly in front of me at various times during the night, and I got some significant eye contact from all three of them.. And it was very spacious there. There was a good audience vibe,

And Indianapolis is a cool city and surprisingly hoppin' without being too precious or hipster about it. Also a very good biking city. I would come back here. Also got to meet up with a U2 pal that I had not seen in 20 years because we never do the same shows! So glad I added this show!

Back
Top Bottom