Houston Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in the minority in that ASOH had never been a favorite of mine so I'm not torn up. I'd rather have Bad even though I've seen it live a few times already.

I'm a huge fan of the album version, it's definitely a top 10 U2 track for me.

However, I feel the same way about the live version. I realize that they did what they had to do to make it playable live, but it really lost the magic of the studio version. And these 2017 versions weren't exactly WAIA caliber, but I was still excited to hear it.

NRG Stadium - Houston, TX - May 24, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
04 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
05 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
06 - With or Without You

Sounds like a great crowd.

Also, just realized that tonight marks 20 years since my first U2 concert (first concert by anybody)!! May 24th, 1997, Columbus Ohio. I was 15 at the time, and I never thought U2 would still be around in 10 years, let alone 20 years. Of course, at that age, 20 years seems like an eternity. Now I'm 35, and I realize just how short 20 years actually is.

Maybe U2 will be like the Rolling Stones, and still touring 20 years from now? Never say never, I guess.

However, I feel the same way about the live version. I realize that they did what they had to do to make it playable live, but it really lost the magic of the studio version. And these 2017 versions weren't exactly WAIA caliber, but I was still excited to hear it.

Yea, ASOH (like Pride), IMO, had a majestic quality that was never captured live.

Agree with all this. But man, it would be great to sing along to "On borderland we RUUUUUUNNNNN!!!" at the top of your lungs with a few thousand other freaks.

02 - New Year's Day
04 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
06 - With or Without You
07 - Bullet the Blue Sky

I saw ASOH on this tour and it was easily among the best moments of the show. U2 dropping it for nothing is terribly unfortunate.

02 - New Year's Day
06 - With or Without You
07 - Bullet the Blue Sky
08 - Running to Stand Still

True and it was outstanding...but word is that was a soundcheck version (supposedly edited in audience noise)...not 100% on that...

Yeah I think that's true.

The bootlegs from that tour confirm that awesome arrangement and delivery. It seemed well received.

I'm at work, so not listening - sounds like they are all hitting their strides though, and based on the Kimmel interview, all very much on board

02 - New Year's Day
06 - With or Without You
07 - Bullet the Blue Sky
09 - Red Hill Mining Town

Based on YouTube videos alone, ASOH sounded fantastic live. Cannot fathom why they've dropped it. SUCH a shame. ASOH is one of the best songs ever, by ANY band!

02 - New Year's Day
06 - With or Without You
07 - Bullet the Blue Sky
09 - Red Hill Mining Town
10 - In God's Country

How old is that girl? I ask because my son is 6, and I considered taking him to a show this year but figured he was still a bit too young. He actually is a U2 fan, and has expressed to me that he'd like to go to a concert. I believe he got more into Songs of Innocence than I did. He was actually sad when he found out he wasn't going with me to the Chicago show I attended in 2015, and he was only 4 then! If U2 tour SOE in 2018-19, I would love to take him to a show. I can't imagine anybody I'd rather experience a U2 concert with, honestly.

Back
Top Bottom