Glendale Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kabigon

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
DKIp7AfUIAA_TBB.jpg

https://twitter.com/TheEricDover/status/910336204498886657

It's currently 8PM local time, so U2 should be on in an hour or so.

Traffic / parking apparently is bad so maybe a slightly later start.

Live look just outside of University of Phoenix stadium...

giphy.gif

If you pop in to post or you're just lurking, think a positive thought or two for PR as Maria comes roaring in.

damn. that late arriving crowd better hurry up.

and this thread may set the record for fewest posts of all time.

damn. that late arriving crowd better hurry up.

and this thread may set the record for fewest posts of all time.

There was at least one show where there wasn't even a thread so we've cleared that bar

The usual opening four, now JT. Encore in just under an hour.

Woo ;)

I thought Miss Sarajevo was done and dusted, so I was a bit surprised to see it return.

Otherwise, nothing unexpected.

Totally on autopilot
I went to bed after Streets.
Will be the same thing Friday night.

See ya there!

Is this based on the static setlist or from listening to recent shows? I admit I've barely heard any audio from this tour apart from being there in person.

I didn't feel it phoned in at all.

In fact, there seemed to be a weird edge (no pun) the entire night. Like something was wrong, causing anger? I checked my phone to see if I missed some major happening in the world. They were late, and on fire. Bono screamed until he nearly lost his voice in Red Hill. He was stalking around on stage like a caged animal...it was anything but the normal performance here. I heard Bill Carter was there?

Anyway, the place was packed in the stands. Yes, the stage was pushed far in like most of these weeknight shows, but while it was sparse early for Beck, it packed completely by showtime. I have some panoramas of the stadium that have not a spot missing. There were some spots on the floor, but that was sold out, so that was a decision to not sell more floor tickets for GA.

I've seen them 10 times, and that was the most...angry?...I have seen them. Like nice Bono the Humanitarian Bear was gone and angry, tree as weapon Bono was there.

Funny how what seems in the venue is different than outside.

And it was LOUD. And the traffic was killed by construction heading to Glendale, making it the most frantic fight to a venue ever.

I was at the Phoenix show too, and I agree with Wide Awake: intensity abounded.

Other observations:

-I can't believe I'm saying this but it was almost too loud. And I like it loud. Maybe I missed Edge's warning:)

-Bono's voice was STRONG. He hit all the high notes.

-Best performance was Bullet. By far. SO GOOD.

-Guitar tone was fucking incredible throughout. Beautiful Day was particularly sweet.

-Streets was marred by absence of delay on first bar of guitar entrance. That was ouchy.

-The Best Thing sounded good, perhaps a bit screamy, tho.

-I wish they hadn't closed on a somber note with One. Prefer an upper, like IWF.

Bono was on fire in Phoenix, the rest of the band was a bit flat tho, Adam looked really pissed off when he was up close to me at the B stage

Back
Top Bottom