Chicago #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soldier Field - Chicago, IL - June 3, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / America (West Side Story) [snippet]
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
14 - Exit / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- BREAK ----------
16 - Beautiful Day / My Kind of Town (snippet)
17 - Elevation
18 - Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
19 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
20 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
---------- Happy Birthday (for Chris Blackwell) ----------
21 - I Will Follow

Thank you! :love:

DBcqNAEWsAAu3JS.jpg:large

Thank you, Lila! :love: That was taken from just about the spot where we sat in July 2011!

Great show! This was the best I've ever seen them play all these warhorses. My favorite U2 moments are when it feels like 4 dudes in a room banging the songs out, and this show was 2 hours of exactly that. They really are a tuned in, right group. It's incredible how much space they make these simple parts occupy. It was my favorite band playing my favorite album fantastically. Bonus points for Boner really nailing some of his most iconic and emotional parts - specifically the "Wide Awake!" Refrain in Bad. Wow!

Great show! This was the best I've ever seen them play all these warhorses. My favorite U2 moments are when it feels like 4 dudes in a room banging the songs out, and this show was 2 hours of exactly that. They really are a tuned in, right group. It's incredible how much space they make these simple parts occupy. It was my favorite band playing my favorite album fantastically. Bonus points for Boner really nailing some of his most iconic and emotional parts - specifically the "Wide Awake!" Refrain in Bad. Wow!

The other members of the band feed off of Bono's energy level....and he needs to give his voice (and body in general) a rest sometimes to perform optimally.

I know he seems superhuman sometimes but he's still a little Irish elf.

I wasn't surprised when this show had some of the best (in places, imo) vocals of the tour as well as very high energy levels (borderline unseen levels during this tour) at times.

Last edited:

Thanks for capturing the sea of humanity! Looking up from GA, I marveled at how full the stands were throughout the concert. Usually you expect quite a few people to be out buying beer, going to the bathroom, etc, at any given moment. I guess the boys are keeping people glued to their seats!

Dammit. Looks like there's a good recording on Dime but I don't have downloading privelages yet.

Dammit. Looks like there's a good recording on Dime but I don't have downloading privelages yet.

Just downloaded both Chicago shows there this afternoon. Both are pretty good quality. Comparable to the Santa Clara show, if not slightly less or better.

I just stumbled across your Chicago videos on YouTube. Holy shit, the vids from Saturday are better than DVD quality. Thanks for filming!

Yeah, that was me! Thanks for mentioning that and you guys are very welcome. Since I was going to two shows this tour leg, I figured I'd try to get a few videos each night with my point and shoot. It records 1080 at 60 fps and comes across very well, from my experience.

Last edited:
I know, right? I'm feeling lucky that I was able to download these not too long after I got home, and much more that they're sound pretty good!

Soldier Field - Chicago, IL - June 3, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Bad / America (snippet)
04 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
05 - Where the Streets Have No Name
06 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 - With or Without You
08 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / America (West Side Story) [snippet]
09 - Running to Stand Still
10 - Red Hill Mining Town
11 - In God's Country
12 - Trip Through Your Wires
13 - One Tree Hill
14 - Exit / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- BREAK ----------
16 - Beautiful Day / My Kind of Town (snippet)
17 - Elevation
18 - Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
19 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
20 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
---------- Happy Birthday (for Chris Blackwell) ----------
21 - I Will Follow
Bono is snippeting "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" by Ministry before "Eenie Meenie" during Exit.

Do they do that bit at every performance of Exit? Maybe a Chicago thing? Ministry is from Chicago, right? Or if it's done every night it's simply the O'Connor reference. I have a tough time imagining a Ministry specific reference, but I wouldn't mind it.

Do they do that bit at every performance of Exit? Maybe a Chicago thing? Ministry is from Chicago, right? Or if it's done every night it's simply the O'Connor reference. I have a tough time imagining a Ministry specific reference, but I wouldn't mind it.

Bono has specifically mentioned O'Connor in discussing where the song came from.

Back
Top Bottom