September 22, 2017 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coming over from Australia on my own just for this gig, better be amazing ? I'm doing GA would love to meet fellow Interferencers and also maybe grab a drink somewhere.

Just grabbed side stage plaza 2. Figured since I have GA for Missouri it'd be worth it. Close to the stage and lower level.

If anyone is around the city area on the nights of 18th, 19th or 20th I'd love to catch up with other fans and have a cold beverage! Send a msg if you're keen. Coming over from Australia.

My friend has GA's but doesn't know how to sell them cause of the CC thing. If anyone wants them she'll be at the venue with seats and can scan in

Shawn, your inbox is full. Trying to PM you on Bono 212's behalf because HERS is full, too!

Clear out a message or two, sir. ;)

Latest info from the stadium:
Parking Fee: $20 vehicles, $60 RVs, Limos & Buses
Event Schedule:
8:00am - Parking Lot Opens, GA Line up at Lot L1/K1
4:00pm - GA Entry
5:00pm - VIP Red Zone Early Entry
5:30pm - Doors Open
7:30pm - Show Starts
11:00pm - Show Ends
https://www.sandiego.gov/event/u2-joshua-tree-tour-2017
Parking map: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/stadiumparkingmap.pdf

And the weather has been great, highs in the 70s into next week, cross your fingers it wont heat up!

Latest info from the stadium:
Parking Fee: $20 vehicles, $60 RVs, Limos & Buses
Event Schedule:
8:00am - Parking Lot Opens, GA Line up at Lot L1/K1
4:00pm - GA Entry
5:00pm - VIP Red Zone Early Entry
5:30pm - Doors Open
7:30pm - Show Starts
11:00pm - Show Ends
https://www.sandiego.gov/event/u2-joshua-tree-tour-2017
Parking map: https://www.sandiego.gov/sites/default/files/stadiumparkingmap.pdf

And the weather has been great, highs in the 70s into next week, cross your fingers it wont heat up!

Thanks for this.

Not sure. Haven't heard anything yet. :uhoh:

Dammit!

This will be my first trip inside Qualcomm stadium. Never got a Chargers game in my three years. I'll be taking the tram from downtown. Hoping I don't catch the Hepatitis A that's going around the town (mostly the homeless population).

Weather has been perfect, and looks like it'll warm up just a little bit next week.

Is this a stadium where you have to do the clear plastic bag thing?

Seems like yes. Got this from their FAQs

Fans will be able to carry any of the following styles and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium.

Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches, or
One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).

Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options however they are subject to inspection by stadium personnel.

An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer/camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

Thank you! I'll be the dork with the Seahawks bag. (I'll have to find a Packers bag for future shows.)

I'll be taking the tram from downtown. Hoping I don't catch the Hepatitis A that's going around the town (mostly the homeless population).

The city has been washing the streets with bleach. And just dont use the public restrooms i guess? [emoji13]

I have been to this venue before, actually. My freshmen year of college, TCU played NIU in the Poinsettia Bowl, and as a member of the marching band, I was able to attend. Went to Sea World as well.

We're soooo excited for the show. We are leaving tuesday morning from New England and are staying on the beach for a couple days. We'll be in Gas Lamp district thursday - monday if anyone wants to meet up for eats/drinks. :wave: Safe travels everyone! This is my first time visiting California!!

Someone asked on Nate's twitter feed if he's going to run the San Diego GA line, his response:
"No I won't be there early enough for that one. Sure some other fans will beat me to the punch there!".

I called the stadium on Friday and if you believe what the admin person told me, since they are owned by the city, they have nothing to do with how GA works, they just provide the venue, GA is run by Live Nation and the security they hire.
**chaos ensues?** :doh:

My friend has GA's but doesn't know how to sell them cause of the CC thing. If anyone wants them she'll be at the venue with seats and can scan in

Does your friend still have extra GAs? Would be interested in one, if you can pass on the information :)

Back
Top Bottom