September 16, 2017 - St. Louis, MO - The Dome at America's Center - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 04:32 PM
This show might be a riot.

Literally.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #17
New Yorker

Cancelled: https://www.facebook.com/u2/photos/a...type=3&theater
Quote:
Live Nation and U2 regrettably announce their St. Louis show scheduled for tonight, September 16, 2017 has been cancelled.

"We have been informed by the St. Louis Police Department that they are not in a position to provide the standard protection for our audience as would be expected for an event of this size.

We have also been informed that local crowd security personnel would not be at full capacity.

In light of this information, we cannot in good conscience risk our fans’ safety by proceeding with tonight’s concert. As much as we regret having to cancel, we feel it is the only acceptable course of action in the current environment." - Live Nation and U2

Fans who purchased tickets online will receive a refund on the credit card tickets were ordered on. Refunds for non-internet purchases will be available starting Monday at 10am at point of purchase.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Absolutely heartbroken at the news and the entire situation. We've planned this trip for months and travelled a great distance to experience this but totally appreciate the gravity of what's going on. Praying for all the families involved and that St. Louis stays safe
Old 09-16-2017, 02:08 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyyjoe View Post
show us what you got St. Louis!
I'm so sorry you had to see what St Louis had. (Which by most accounts isn't even so bad this time, and hopefully it'll stay that way.)

Sucks you made such extensive plans to get there.

I wasted a 5-hour drive this morning, and as I was heading back home, I was thinking about the folks who had invested so much more. Then I listened to a radio show on NPR about tsunami victims grieving in Japan 5 years after the fact, and I was immediately put in my place.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 09:32 PM
We've met a lot of very friendly people here so far. Props to our airbnb host who has taken pity on us and is taking us out on the town.