May 26, 2017 - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't been in these parts for a while, but I remember there are a lot of good people here.

I scored a GA for Dallas. Can't wait! I saw two JT shows back in the day and I'm ready to do it again.

Driving from San Antonio and taking my wife & 6 year old to show.

There are a bunch of bars/grills around the stadium. Would love to meet some other Interferencers.

Somehow scored GA tickets, really excited!

However - I'm not sure how GA works here. I'm "GA26", are there sections or rows of seats in the GA area or is it just one giant pit?

Somehow scored GA tickets, really excited!

However - I'm not sure how GA works here. I'm "GA26", are there sections or rows of seats in the GA area or is it just one giant pit?

It'll be just one pit. I think they label the tickets (GA26) to keep count.

Driving from Kansas City. They haven't been here since Elevation and this is a tour I just can't miss.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I live in Dallas. Still trying to figure out if I can go and how much I want to spend if I do. Hopefully it works out!

Driving from Kansas City. They haven't been here since Elevation and this is a tour I just can't miss.

I was disappointed that they're not coming to Arrowhead. My folks live 15 minutes from the stadium and I wanted to surprise my dad with tickets. But oh well.
Stay safe for the drive. Get off the wrong exit in Kansas and you'll end up off the grid driving around farmland for half an hour with no internet or cell service. I know this because it happened to me last week. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha it's been 13 years since i've been to Dallas and well I can't wait!!!! I wanted to go to Pop 20 years ago and my parents said I was too young. Plus it might have been my Graduation...... Maybe. But yay I have a GA ticket and an 8 hour drive! :hyper::love::wave: Since there's no Denver it'll do.

Haha it's been 13 years since i've been to Dallas and well I can't wait!!!! I wanted to go to Pop 20 years ago and my parents said I was too young. Plus it might have been my Graduation...... Maybe. But yay I have a GA ticket and an 8 hour drive! :hyper::love::wave: Since there's no Denver it'll do.

I was at the Pop show in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl. Rage Against The Machine opened,

Woot! I'll be in GA but probably won't be able to get in line too early. I'll have to check into my hotel first. I'll be driving up from Austin that day.

Email from AT&T stadium indicates that they will allow people to start lining up at 6 AM. They are going to let us get numbers and leave in reconvene at 2. Anyone not back in line at 4:30 will lose their spot.

I was at the Pop show in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl. Rage Against The Machine opened,

I was there too, and it was my least favorite of all the U2 shows, and I've seen a few.

Those shows included:
83 War Tour Massey Hall Toronto
84 Unforgettable Fire, Massey Hall
87 JT, CNE Stadium, Toronto
92, Zoo, Leg1, Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto
93, Zoo, Leg 3, CNE Stadium (x2) - 1 paid, 1 outside the stadium
97, PopMart, Cottonbowl, Dallas, TX
01, Elevation, Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX
05, Vertigo, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
09, 360, Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX - RedZone
17, JT30, NRG Stadium, Houston, TX - RedZone

I went for coverage, not frequency, and I only missed 1 tour. I missed out on 15 I&E, I had a last minute trip to NYC, the last show of the tour, and I tried and failed to get a ticket. I arrived in NYC at 8 pm, that didn't help.

If I can score a last minute ticket drop for GA I might come up for a follow up from the Houston show.

Last edited:
I was there too, and it was my least favorite of all the U2 shows, and I've seen a few.

Those shows included:
83 War Tour Massey Hall Toronto
84 Unforgettable Fire, Massey Hall
87 JT, CNE Stadium, Toronto
92, Zoo, Leg1, Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto
93, Zoo, Leg 3, CNE Stadium (x2) - 1 paid, 1 outside the stadium
97, PopMart, Cottonbowl, Dallas, TX
01, Elevation, Reunion Arena, Dallas, TX
05, Vertigo, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
09, 360, Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX - RedZone
17, JT30, NRG Stadium, Houston, TX - RedZone

I went for coverage, not frequency, and I only missed 1 tour. I missed out on 15 I&E, I had a last minute trip to NYC, the last show of the tour, and I tried and failed to get a ticket. I arrived in NYC at 8 pm, that didn't help.

If I can score a last minute ticket drop for GA I might come up for a follow up from the Houston show.

Pretty similar to my show career. I was also at the Elevation gig at Reunion Arena in Dallas, glad they played Bad that night. Pop at the Cotton Bowl was my least favorite U2 show. They pretty much sucked most of that night.

3 - Unforgettable Fire (San Francisco)
1 - Amnesty International (San Francisco)
2 - JT (Hartford & Oakland)
1 - Zoo TV Outside (Dallas)
1 - PopMart (Dallas)
1 - Elevation (Dallas)
2 - Vertigo (Denver)
1 - 360 (Norman, OK)

no IE show either

Thanks for the tip on the parking passes! My wife & I are driving over from Alabama...

As for the GA line numbering system at 6AM, is this being coordinated and enforced by the venue (AT&T / Event Team) or by fan club members/ticket holders??

For any of you locals: any recommendations on things to do / places to eat / etc. in the Arlington & Dallas area? We'll arrive on Thursday, depart Sunday - first time ever to visit the Dallas area.

As far as I know, if AT&T responded to my email, then they would be in charge. Fan clubs members tend to help out though with numbers on the hands, notebooks, etc.

There are lots of choices to eat fairly near to the stadium. A little north on Collins, there an area called Lincoln Square with a bunch of restaurants: Sherlock's Baker St. Pub & Grill might have a U2 pre-party too.

Lincoln Square ::: Arlington ::: TX

In downtown Arlington, there are some cool places to eat too. J Gilligans will run a shuttle to and from the stadium for a minimal charge. Home

There's also Flying Fish, Fuzzy's Tacos, and Twisted Root Burgers. Cool places to drink are Hooligan's, and Kook Keg growler bar.

There's also two new breweries in Downtown Arlington:
https://divisionbrewing.com
Legal Draft Beer Company

I picked up a GA for Dallas last night. They dropped some tickets into ticketmaster. So RZ Houston wed and GA Arlington Fri.

E-mail from the stadum:

U2: The Joshua Tree Tour
Friday, May 26, 2017
AT&T Stadium
We are excited to have you at AT&T Stadium for U2: The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 on Friday, May 26th. In preparation of the event, we recommend pre-purchasing your parking pass. By pre-purchasing your parking, you guarantee a space in an AT&T Stadium parking lot and can plan your route to the stadium accordingly.

To purchase your parking pass, click here.
Important Traffic Information
ARRIVE EARLY to avoid traffic and congestion in the Arlington area.

The I-30 TEXpress Lane is open and available for use. Look for the left lane exit for the "Express Lane" as you pass the Highway 360 exit on I-30 westbound from Dallas and East.

The I-30 managed lane from Dallas is open and available for westbound and eastbound traffic. Tolls apply; look for access from the main lanes.

Due to the I-30/Highway 360 interchange construction project, you will begin to notice changes. Below are two current impacts of this project affecting outbound traffic.
TxDOT has modified the access to the TEXpress ramp serving the AT&T Way/Baird Farm bridge. For outbound traffic, this modification will slow outbound traffic traveling or using the AT&T Way bridge or the Collins Avenue ramp to eastbound I-30.
Lamar Avenue will be reduced to one lane eastbound to Highway 360 and may be congested. We suggest using Brown Blvd. or Green Oaks Blvd. as an alternative.

Abram Street is under construction between Collins Street and Highway 360. This will affect out-bound traffic on Collins Street South to Abram Street from Lots 11, 12, 13 and 14. As an alternative, we suggest using Collins Street South to Park Row; Turn left on Park Row to Highway 360 or further east to George Bush Toll Highway (Highway 161).

Below are two suggested routes to use for arrival. These alternative routes will allow you to avoid the heavily congested Collins Street, Ballpark Way and AT&T Way exits off of I-30.
I-30 Westbound Preferred Route: Take I-30 Westbound to SH 161; Take SH 161 Southbound to Main Street/Division Street exit; Turn Right on Main Street/Division Street; Turn Right on AT&T Way to Silver Lots or Turn Right on Collins Street to Blue Lots.

I-30 Eastbound Preferred Route: Take I-30 Eastbound to Center Street (Exit 27B); Keep Right on ramp towards Center Street; Turn Right on Center Street; Turn Left on Randol Mill Road to Blue Lots or Turn Left on Division Street and Left on AT&T Way to Silver Lots.

We recommend that you use dallascowboysmaps.com for your travels to AT&T Stadium. This will provide you the best route from your point of origin to your pre-purchased or selected cash parking lot.

We look forward to seeing you at AT&T Stadium!

Remember: No Purses. No Bags. View AT&T Stadium Purse and Bag Policy here.

You are receiving this message because this email is associated with a ticket purchase.
Click here if you do not wish to receive these messages from AT&T Stadium in the future.

Back
Top Bottom