May 20, 2017 - Los Angeles, CA - Rose Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello! When do tickets go on sale? LA is the best option for me from Melbourne, Australia :)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Howdy folks!

Presale starts this Wednesday at 9am PST, and continues through Thursday. The General Sale is Tuesday, 1/17 at 10am PST.

For those coming from out of town. Getting to and from the Rose Bowl is well, an adventure. The stadium is lovely, but is set in an arroyo surrounded by rich people. As such, you park on a golf course and it can take hours to get out after the show. The good news is you can tailgate after the show, and there are plentiful bacon wrapped hot dogs to be found.

The alternative is hiking in from Pasadena, about 1.5-2 miles. You can park and ride in Pasadena, or take the Gold Line in. The caveat on the Gold line is it only runs every 10-20 minutes at night so getting back can be tricky.

Lastly, and very importantly, much like an NFL stadium, the Rose Bowl no longer allows bags unless they are clear bags. You can carry a clutch, but it needs to be tiny. I've seen people turned away because their bags were too big.

41g-ifXG2LL.jpg

The alternative is hiking in from Pasadena, about 1.5-2 miles. You can park and ride in Pasadena, or take the Gold Line in. The caveat on the Gold line is it only runs every 10-20 minutes at night so getting back can be tricky.

When you said hiking, and before I saw the 1.5-2 miles bit, I was picturing a 10km+ walk along a dirt road like at a secluded camping festival. Easy. I'm amazed anyone could (and would choose to) be stuck in a car for hours to travel a few kms.

When you said hiking, and before I saw the 1.5-2 miles bit, I was picturing a 10km+ walk along a dirt road like at a secluded camping festival. Easy. I'm amazed anyone could (and would choose to) be stuck in a car for hours to travel a few kms.

It's not always out of laziness. Personally, I didn't mind parking down there for the 2009 show. I hung out with my friends all day and after the show, we continued to drink and hang out until everyone left. I wasn't in a hurry to get home and I didn't have to work the next day. Plus it's easier to set up and pack away if you're near your car. Can't really hang out in the same way on a busy street or residential block.

After a GA show, the last thing I want to do is walk that 2 miles, which is uphill for a ways.

After show tailgate however is fantastic.

It's not always out of laziness. Personally, I didn't mind parking down there for the 2009 show. I hung out with my friends all day and after the show, we continued to drink and hang out until everyone left. I wasn't in a hurry to get home and I didn't have to work the next day. Plus it's easier to set up and pack away if you're near your car. Can't really hang out in the same way on a busy street or residential block.

Yeah, that's a good way of taking the traffic pain out of the equation. Wasn't trying to imply it was all due to laziness, just that with the time it takes to get home, I'm surprised more people who do have the option to avoid the traffic don't do so.

After a GA show, the last thing I want to do is walk that 2 miles, which is uphill for a ways.

After show tailgate however is fantastic.

My legs tend to cramp up a bit during a long GA show, so getting to move again is a bit of a relief.

Yeah, that's a good way of taking the traffic pain out of the equation. Wasn't trying to imply it was all due to laziness, just that with the time it takes to get home, I'm surprised more people who do have the option to avoid the traffic don't do so.

Totally, I got you :)

The thing with the Rose Bowl is it's completely surrounded by a residential neighborhood, a high end one at that. So, you can't street park anywhere near the stadium. The parking at the stadium itself is on a golf course. This makes tailgating great, but getting out after a nightmare. What a lot of people do is tailgate after a game/show and wait for traffic to die down a bit before leaving. For 360, I paid for VIP parking, and since I was queueing ended up with a fantastic spot right at the exit, and was out of the parking lot in 5 minutes. I was quite proud of myself. VIP parking isn't cheap, expect over $75.

Alternatively, you can park in Old Town Pasadena, near Parsons and take the free shuttle into the stadium which is about 2 miles away. The shuttle is great getting there, but the lines leaving will be long. If you aren't exhausted by the concert, you can walk out of the stadium back to Parsons, about a 30-40 minute walk, a bit of it uphill.

Lastly, you can take the LA light rail, (Yes it does exist) into Pasadena, get off at the Memorial Park station, and walk to the shuttle/stadium. The caveat on this is if the show ends late, getting back to LA may be tricky on Sunday. By the time I got to Union Station in LA the Red Line (which takes you to Downtown LA and Hollywood was already shut down).

I speak from experience, I've been going to Rose Bowl games, USC/ucla games and shows for years.

This is the reason a lot of people don't like shows at the Rose Bowl. Personally, I would have preferred the Coliseum, but I don't think it's a Live Nation venue.

The thing with the Rose Bowl is it's completely surrounded by a residential neighborhood, a high end one at that. So, you can't street park anywhere near the stadium. The parking at the stadium itself is on a golf course. This makes tailgating great, but getting out after a nightmare. What a lot of people do is tailgate after a game/show and wait for traffic to die down a bit before leaving. For 360, I paid for VIP parking, and since I was queueing ended up with a fantastic spot right at the exit, and was out of the parking lot in 5 minutes. I was quite proud of myself. VIP parking isn't cheap, expect over $75.

Alternatively, you can park in Old Town Pasadena, near Parsons and take the free shuttle into the stadium which is about 2 miles away. The shuttle is great getting there, but the lines leaving will be long. If you aren't exhausted by the concert, you can walk out of the stadium back to Parsons, about a 30-40 minute walk, a bit of it uphill.

Lastly, you can take the LA light rail, (Yes it does exist) into Pasadena, get off at the Memorial Park station, and walk to the shuttle/stadium. The caveat on this is if the show ends late, getting back to LA may be tricky on Sunday. By the time I got to Union Station in LA the Red Line (which takes you to Downtown LA and Hollywood was already shut down).

I speak from experience, I've been going to Rose Bowl games, USC/ucla games and shows for years.

This is the reason a lot of people don't like shows at the Rose Bowl. Personally, I would have preferred the Coliseum, but I don't think it's a Live Nation venue.

Thank you!! I would be euphoric over the concert if it wasn't for the rose bowl.

I've only ever heard bad things about the last show at the Rose Bowl. :shrug:

Yes the line became a disaster just before doors opened but that was 8 years ago and there have been plenty of concerts at the rose bowl so I trust that things are different now. The 360 show itself was amazing

I have love/hate relationship with that venue. It's GORGEOUS, and a great place for a lineup, as the line is on grass. It's hellish getting in and out of, but at least you can tailgate.

Yes, the GA entrance was nearly a riot, but the show was :drool:. The setting was just perfect.

See y'all there! Forgot to check in when it became official haha :wave:

Well, I feel like a jackass, but I spent a small fortune on lower level seats. Taking my mom to the show. :hyper:

Well, I feel like a jackass, but I spent a small fortune on lower level seats. Taking my mom to the show. :hyper:

Nonsense, I think it's super sweet you're taking your mom! It will be worth the price for the memories :)

It appears all presales are gone for Rose Bowl? Had chances to nab some GA and Section 7 but was looking for a better East Side section : (

I got two 20-l tickets ($280 each) . From what Iam have read thy are supposed to be great seats. Can anyone concur?
This is after 25 minutes of getting crap .

Oh yes and everything is cc entrance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom