May 17, 2017 - Santa Clara, CA - Levi's Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm guessing people will line up outside of the stadium until they open the main gates at 2pm. There are additional gates after that I believe - to get into the venue.

If I have time I'll walk over there from work and see if I can find out any more info!

We are staying in San Jose at an AirBNB, & we're trying to decide the best way to get to the show. We will have a rental car, should we just pay to park in the venue lots?

I know my work also allows parking for Levi's on show days - still pricey though since the Levi's people come over and start charging later in the afternoon. My car will already be there early morning since I work that day so I get a free ride. I think they start setting up and charging for our lot around 5pm so maybe if you got there early you wouldn't have to pay. (2121 Tasman Drive, Santa Clara).

Oh snap - my work just sent out an email:

Heads-Up, Everyone,

U2's The Joshua Tree Tour will take place at Levi’s® Stadium this Wednesday, May 17th. The event is scheduled to start at 6:30pm. As they are expecting high attendance, the parking company will have people on sight at approximately 1:00pm for people paying to use our parking lot. If you will be working, please remember to bring your employee identification badge to show the attendant.

So if you want to park there get there before 1pm.

Here's Levi stadium from my office.

Attachments

• IMG_3380.JPG
    IMG_3380.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 39
Oh snap - my work just sent out an email:

Heads-Up, Everyone,

U2's The Joshua Tree Tour will take place at Levi’s® Stadium this Wednesday, May 17th. The event is scheduled to start at 6:30pm. As they are expecting high attendance, the parking company will have people on sight at approximately 1:00pm for people paying to use our parking lot. If you will be working, please remember to bring your employee identification badge to show the attendant.

So if you want to park there get there before 1pm.

So you're saying people can park in your work lot without paying AND without showing an employee ID if there before 1pm? We're debating whether to shuttle or light rail in, but this would be way more convenient. Walking distance? Thanks so much!!

Since the parking people won't show up until 1pm - if the car is already in the lot and you're gone they can't ask for a badge so...

The lot isn't very big though FYI.

Thanks so much. If we were there before 9 or 10am is there generally space in the lot?
So appreciate the info. :)

So Gate B where GA is supposed to line up is in the main lot (the pole furthest away in the first couple seconds). Gate A is basically on Tasman Drive.

Thanks so much. If we were there before 9 or 10am is there generally space in the lot?
So appreciate the info. :)

Also the lot looks small when you first pull in but if you go around back there's a lot more parking spaces.

I wouldn't mind if it ended earlier. I have to get up early for work lol. I should just sleep in my car :|:lol:

Caltrain and VTA light rail.

Special Events

Hopefully they are smart enough to run the special events schedule for the u2 show.

Looks like Caltrain will have 1 extra northbound train:

U2 fans heading to the show can take the train to Mountain View station and transfer to VTA light rail to Levi's Stadium. There are plenty of regular weekday trains that stop at Mountain View before the show. After the show, there will be one extra northbound train that departs Mountain View approximately 75 minutes, or when full and makes all local stops to San Francisco.

But the stadium website states that the VTA (to get to Caltrain) might be a mess:

Fans attending the U2 concert on May 17th at Levi’s® Stadium, particularly those traveling from San Jose and connecting from Caltrain in Mountain View, should be advised that VTA will not be providing additional special event service for the concert. VTA riders should prepare for potential delays.

That's interesting because there are so many homes right next to it. I bet those people get really annoyed at the concerts.

That better be 60 people actually sitting there for the next 36 hours and not 60 people with their names typed into a "list"....

Levi's Stadiums own event page mentions that the concert is expected to be over at 11 pm. So similar times as Seattle and Vancouver.

Yeah, found it on their site now too!

Didn't really look for new news on the curfew, only remember the news in January that it wouldn't be extended for the concert. Anyhow, I'll be there in time and we'll see.

SAP center was super cool about that. So far all I know is that fans are running the line today.

as far as wristbanding, just know that the two venues may be close, but they are not related. I'd say there probably will not be official wristbands, because most venues don't do that.

What's the line now sicy?
Are there nice places to sit? Photo?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom