May 12, 2017 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since the other shows I want to hit are towards the end of the leg, plus it's just a cool city, I am hitting Vancouver for the third consecutive tour. :)

EXIT!

I'm definitely going, I just need to figure out housing, I'm a poor college kid and hotels are fucking expensive

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm definitely going, I just need to figure out housing, I'm a poor college kid and hotels are fucking expensive

Look at the YWCA Hotel. It's slightly more private than a hostel, but clean, well-kept, with prices and location that can't be beaten.

I have access to Sutton place hotel.. right downtown for $139 -$159 CAD and even Sandman hotel

I Live in Vancouver and am a diehard u2 fan who also happens to be a travel agent

Hit me up if interested

Opening night! Best band ever! Best album ever! Shortly after my 46th Bday! Whole family going GA! Should be an incredible experience. :hyper:

Airbnb my friend: will save you a ton ;)

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

This is a completely renovated venue as of 2012. A rebuilt roof so it is now retractable and seating is about 10,000 less than it used to be. A very spacious 55,000 (probably 45,000 as this event is not in 360).

Project of the Year for the 2012 International Stadium Business Awards
The 2013 ENR Global Best Project Winner for Sports/Entertainment

Oh, cool. I was blown away by how massive that place was.

(To be fair, it was the first covered stadium I'd ever been in, so it was weird and the size of the place felt deceptive, seeing The Claw with a roof over it.)

Got two tickets for this show, can't wait for May!

I, for one, am looking forward to reliving my youth. Minus the GA and sleeping in my car :)
IMG_3432.jpg

Last edited:
Stay at Hostel International Downtown or Vancouver. Reasonable and a good fan is out and about anyway.

My dad and I booked an Airbnb, I'd look into that if you want to be close to the stadium for cheaper than a hotel, it probably won't be cheaper than a hostel though.

I'll be there!! Have flight, hotel, and just going to do what I always do and hope for some decent ticket drops right before the show. Fingers crossed!! Can't wait! :wave:

Oh, cool. I was blown away by how massive that place was.

(To be fair, it was the first covered stadium I'd ever been in, so it was weird and the size of the place felt deceptive, seeing The Claw with a roof over it.)

I was also at the 360 show (first row of seats toward the back on Adam's side). Sound was very poor, lots of echoing off the roof.

The renovation in 2011/12 has added a retractable roof. So I wonder if they will open it up or keep it closed. I suppose weather may play a part in that decision, but for acoustics it should be a better experience with the roof open (unless the roof has optimized acoustics built in)?

Anyone know?

I was also at the 360 show (first row of seats toward the back on Adam's side). Sound was very poor, lots of echoing off the roof.

The renovation in 2011/12 has added a retractable roof. So I wonder if they will open it up or keep it closed. I suppose weather may play a part in that decision, but for acoustics it should be a better experience with the roof open (unless the roof has optimized acoustics built in)?

Anyone know?

I've never been to BC Place but I've seen a few shows at the Rogers Centre (formerly sky dome) in TO, also with a retractable roof, and the decision on open vs closed is a purely weather based one as far as I know

Anyone know?

It's good to hear the retractable roof has made a difference! I remember for 360 I was upset because it was right before the renovation was done. I sat behind the stage 2nd level and the sound was actually okay there. When I saw ZooTV at BC Place, it was by far the worst sound I've ever experienced at a U2 show. It was so bad I could barely tell which songs were being played. :angry:

IMG_2488.jpg

Back
Top Bottom