June 7, 2017 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not quite as active in here as the Vancouver, Chicago, LA or Toronto threads but just letting others know that this Canadian will be coming in to town for the show.

I have started a trend where each time I see U2 it's in a different city (Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, Las Vegas, Phoenix) and now adding Pittsburgh to the mix. These aren't major U2 markets but the shows haven't disappointed yet. Picked Pittsburgh for this tour because of family living there so even though the CAD>USD is expensive saving on accommodation helps.

I am attending the concert with my wife, who I've dragged to the majority of U2 concerts but she isn't a fan of standing so GA is a no go. The compromise is finding seats that aren't too costly (ie: $250USD) but also offer a good view, so for that I landed in Sec 210/Club Level. Should offer decent sight lines of the stages and the audience without being more expensive than airfare.

Pretty excited to hear "Exit", this is one of my top U2 tracks and I never imagined I would get to hear it live so let the countdown begin to June!

I hadn't planned on going to this show, but I couldn't pass up a club level seat for the price. Gursky, I'll be one section over from you in 211.

This is a quiet thread but hopefully my question can be answered in the weeks to come.

I'm coming from out of town and I'm not sure the best way to get to the venue. I will be driving from the SE area, near Phipps Conservatory/Botanical Gardens and Greenfield. Google Maps suggests a 50 minute public transit option, or I could drive and only take 20 minutes but then I need to find parking around the Downtown or Children's Museum area.

Or would it be best to drive to First Avenue Station and take the BLSV line over? I don't mind a bit of a walk before and after the show if it can help me avoid crowds or parking issues. What would be best knowing it'll be busy that night?

Honestly I would park on the North Shore by the stadium. There is plenty of parking lots and garages there since PNC park is right next to Heinz Field. There isn't a Pirates game on the day of the show. Getting out isn't too bad either. The perks of living in a smaller city! Enjoy your stay in the Burgh.:wave:

Honestly I would park on the North Shore by the stadium. There is plenty of parking lots and garages there since PNC park is right next to Heinz Field. There isn't a Pirates game on the day of the show. Getting out isn't too bad either. The perks of living in a smaller city! Enjoy your stay in the Burgh.:wave:

Thanks for the parking tips!

I will be visiting Pittsburgh for the first time for the concert Wednesday...any advice on restaurants or good places nearby to grab a drink and a bite to eat before the show?

Thanks for the parking tips!

I will be visiting Pittsburgh for the first time for the concert Wednesday...any advice on restaurants or good places nearby to grab a drink and a bite to eat before the show?

Depends on if you want to eat/drink in the vicinity of the stadium (North Shore), or wouldn't mind a brief walk across the river into Downtown. If you want to stay right next to the stadium, Southern Tier Brewing, Burgatory, or Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse are good choices. There are a bunch of other places (mostly bars) in the same complex as those. If you want to walk downtown, you have lots of options: tako, Butcher and the Rye, Pork and Beans, Meat and Potatoes, The Commoner, Bakersfield... the first few of those downtown suggestions are usually very busy, so if you can grab a reservation, that would be best.

I am tempted to park downtown and walk to the stadium or take the T to the stadium to avoid the parking lot crunch post-concert. There is also a traffic notice everyone should be aware of:

Due to the I-279 construction project, HOV access at Mazeroski and Anderson is closed. Please follow the Scotland Avenue detour to North Avenue or use General Robinson to Madison Avenue.

This is a quiet thread but hopefully my question can be answered in the weeks to come.

I'm coming from out of town and I'm not sure the best way to get to the venue. I will be driving from the SE area, near Phipps Conservatory/Botanical Gardens and Greenfield. Google Maps suggests a 50 minute public transit option, or I could drive and only take 20 minutes but then I need to find parking around the Downtown or Children's Museum area.

Or would it be best to drive to First Avenue Station and take the BLSV line over? I don't mind a bit of a walk before and after the show if it can help me avoid crowds or parking issues. What would be best knowing it'll be busy that night?

There are plenty of garages in the Cultural District of Downtown, particularly on Penn Ave. I think you can avoid the post-concert crunch if you park in one of those garages, then walk across the river. Another option would be to park in the Chatham Garage right near PPG Paints Arena, walk to the Steel Plaza T station, and take that all the way to the stadium (Downtown T rides to North Shore are free!).

Last edited:
Depends on if you want to eat/drink in the vicinity of the stadium (North Shore), or wouldn't mind a brief walk across the river into Downtown. If you want to stay right next to the stadium, Southern Tier Brewing, Burgatory, or Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse are good choices. There are a bunch of other places (mostly bars) in the same complex as those. If you want to walk downtown, you have lots of options: tako, Butcher and the Rye, Pork and Beans, Meat and Potatoes, The Commoner, Bakersfield... the first few of those downtown suggestions are usually very busy, so if you can grab a reservation, that would be best.

I am tempted to park downtown and walk to the stadium or take the T to the stadium to avoid the parking lot crunch post-concert. There is also a traffic notice everyone should be aware of:

Thanks for the traffic notice heads up since I live north of the city! I've not been to a Steelers game recently so I'm wondering if there will be a T crunch post concert. Maybe a couple of post concert drinks are in order.

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations! Any suggestions for good breakfast/brunch places the next day? We have an extra day in the city (Thursday) and would love to explore/hang out a bit more since we'll be arriving just before the concert Wednesday night.

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations! Any suggestions for good breakfast/brunch places the next day? We have an extra day in the city (Thursday) and would love to explore/hang out a bit more since we'll be arriving just before the concert Wednesday night.

The Strip District (directly adjacent to Downtown) has a lot of good breakfast/brunch options: DeLuca's (diner setting), Pamela's (chain diner, specializes in breakfast/brunch), and Kelly O's (greasy spoon). Kaya (more upscale Caribbean place) has a good menu for any meal, but it looks like their brunch is weekend only. Some of the upscale places downtown also offer good brunches (like The Commoner).

Clear bag?

Confused about the clear bag policy. Heinz Field website says a clear stadium bag under 12x12x6 is allowed under the clear bag policy, but the email from them says "The NFL’s Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for this show. Heinz Field encourages all fans NOT to bring a bag into events. If necessary, there are two options: a clear plastic bag the size of a 1 gallon Ziploc bag or a small hand held purse clutch. For more information on the bag policy, visit HenzField.com/bagpolicy."

So can I use my stadium bag, or can I only use a ziplock bag? Help!

Heinz twitter says you need matching valid ID for CC entry. Bit of a shitshow in the making?

There is a slight chance of rain in the forecast, so make sure you have a poncho handy just in case.

Another option would be to park in the Chatham Garage right near PPG Paints Arena, walk to the Steel Plaza T station, and take that all the way to the stadium (Downtown T rides to North Shore are free!).

I like this idea a lot, thanks! I plan on spending some time in the downtown area before the concert so this is convenient and should allow traffic to thin out by the time I get back to the garage.

I'm excited that the show is nearly upon us!

One other thing for people to consider: the Three Rivers Arts Festival is going on downtown, so there are plenty of food trucks and vendors around Point State Park if you're looking for a place to grab food.

Back
Top Bottom