June 25, 2017 - Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems strange that they wouldn't have put Boston on a Saturday, sell that out and then quickly add a 2nd date on a Sunday. They need to utilize weekends better.

I think that if they do a 2nd Boston show that will be too many shows crammed in together in a short time period. The

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I got two GA tickets today seen the band many time but this is my first GA experience for them looking for some tips and times to line up and such thanks!!

Seems strange that they wouldn't have put Boston on a Saturday, sell that out and then quickly add a 2nd date on a Sunday. They need to utilize weekends better.

I think that if they do a 2nd Boston show that will be too many shows crammed in together in a short time period. The

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sure they tried. But if they are in Toronto on Friday, Sat Boston too much for them.

I still think a Monday show is coming for Boston...

Sure they tried. But if they are in Toronto on Friday, Sat Boston too much for them.

I still think a Monday show is coming for Boston...

try to book one of the two hotels at patriots place. they have the entire booking list for the stadium and jack their prices up for each event there. usual price is about $150...event price is $650 - over $1000. if a saturday or monday hotel price is crazy high, likely there is an extra show.

Has anyone had any experience taking the train in from Boston to events at Gillette? Is there any guarantee that the train will run for the concert? The way that the website reads, it sounds like it's not for certain. My sister is freaking a little. :crack: We're trying to decide if we should stay in Foxborough or if we'll be able to get back into Boston after the concert. I imagine it gets a bit chaotic afterwards at the station. Any idea how long it runs after?

I've been trying to figure this out myself. Nothing shows up on the app yet. I think I might try to call sometime this week. I can't imagine they won't though.

Well, I just called the MBTA. There will be NO train to or from Gillette. The last train leaves Walpole at 10:55pm, which means you would have to leave the concert early enough to get a taxi to the station before that.

So...anyone driving from Boston to Gillette willing to take in a few weary travelers? :D

That's really poor on their part. If there is any stadium in the country harder to get out of than the Rose Bowl, it is Gillette (or maybe Penn State in Happy Valley).

They seem to be causing their own infrastructure more trouble by simply not running the train a bit later.

Well, I just called the MBTA. There will be NO train to or from Gillette. The last train leaves Walpole at 10:55pm, which means you would have to leave the concert early enough to get a taxi to the station before that.

So...anyone driving from Boston to Gillette willing to take in a few weary travelers? :D

I'm pretty surprised by that. Its a sold out show, why the hell aren't they running a train.

Can't help you I'm driving from the south shore, but hopefully you can find a ride from the city with someone.
Or maybe just do a 1 day car rental from Enterprise or something.

Does anyone have any parking lot advice (coming from 95)? Last time I went to a show at Gillette it took 2 hours to get out of the lot. :crack:

Does anyone have any parking lot advice (coming from 95)? Last time I went to a show at Gillette it took 2 hours to get out of the lot. :crack:

Its pretty much hell no matter what you choose. The stadium lots will be packed and take forever to get out of, or you can park a mile up Route 1 somewhere in a private lot, walk to the stadium and back and your exit from the lot should be easier, but you have to factor in a 20 minute or so walk after the show.
If you don't mind the walk usually the private lot option is faster.

Its pretty much hell no matter what you choose. The stadium lots will be packed and take forever to get out of, or you can park a mile up Route 1 somewhere in a private lot, walk to the stadium and back and your exit from the lot should be easier, but you have to factor in a 20 minute or so walk after the show.
If you don't mind the walk usually the private lot option is faster.

I park near the old Rodman Ford dealership a little further up Rt. 1 for Pats games. It's about a mile walk to the stadium, but it is immensely better on the way out.

Back
Top Bottom