June 23, 2017 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn, the entire thing is sold out including all VIP seats. Only "Platinum" (ie - Ticketmaster becomes the scalper) tickets left.

Hope those that didn't get any find some later in the day if they drop some more.

i easily pulled up 2 GA tickets at about 10:03 am. dunno about now (10:40) but there was definitely GA available for the public sale so keep trying.

I guess being in the presale paid off, managed to get 2 GAs in that sale. I didn't think this show would sell out that quickly. Maybe there wasn't that many left for the public sale. As I check now there are no pairs available. I'm sure there will be GAs that pop up between now and the gig. Keep hope alive everyone.

i easily pulled up 2 GA tickets at about 10:03 am. dunno about now (10:40) but there was definitely GA available for the public sale so keep trying.

This is what I never understand (dont even talk to me about trying to get Hip tix last summer), not single tick has come up, and I have been timing out and hitting search again since 10:01am.....what is different
about your account/hardware/software that you "easily" get tix up and others get nothing?

and no extra show listed on U2.com so that does not look good either.

perhaps enough demand to sell out but not enough for a second show.

and no extra show listed on U2.com so that does not look good either.

perhaps enough demand to sell out but not enough for a second show.

Don't be so sure. There were only two Canadian shows, after all (one for each coast). Plenty of Canadians left that still need their U2 fix.

Best case scenario would be for them to add a show to Montreal (as its the third biggest city in Canada). But most likely, I'm guessing they'll add another TO show if anything.

i dont know if they will add an extra TO show there is the day before on the 22nd but wqould that not be really pushing it as the next show is on the 25th and the prior show is on the 20th.

Don't be so sure. There were only two Canadian shows, after all (one for each coast). Plenty of Canadians left that still need their U2 fix.

Best case scenario would be for them to add a show to Montreal (as its the third biggest city in Canada). But most likely, I'm guessing they'll add another TO show if anything.

360 had two but well spaced apart. as another posted, they don't see JT17 being a total global tour. perhaps there is some merit to that. the largest markets were the only ones that got the second shows. LA, Chicago, NYC, London, Rome, Paris...

but i dont get Amsterdam getting two? perhaps it feeds from other places in the EU.

frankly, surprised nothing in Montreal really.

EXTRA EXTRA! #U2 Fans local and travelling to Toronto for the U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 in June: #ACROBAT is proud to announce that we will be performing not one, but TWO very special shows that week, in an awesome live music venue less than 1km walking distance from the Rogers Centre (Skydome!) No matter whether you are coming into the city from afar, camping out in the GA line, staying in a downtown hotel - these shows will be your official fan gathering spot for #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 in #Toronto - both before and after the U2 show.

Featuring prizes, surprises, and special performances by ACROBAT - The U2 Tribute Show and special guests. Full details will be announced soon, but for now lock in the following dates:

THURSDAY JUNE 22 - Official U2 Fan Pre-Party - 9PM

FRIDAY JUNE 23 - Official U2 Concert After Party - 11:30 PM

(photo credit used with permission by Peter Dervin peterdervin.com - Peter Dervin Photography)

20170514_U2_02.jpg

UPDATE: U2 fans! Our Official U2 Pre and Post Concert Fan Parties will be held at:

THE ANTLER ROOM - 146 Front St Toronto M5J 1G2 - a mere 2 block walk from the U2 show at the Skydome!

More details re prizes and participants to follow, but keep checking our event listings for more info as it unfolds!

THURSDAY JUNE 22 - Official U2 Fan Pre-Party - 9PM
www.facebook.com/events/418389855226543

FRIDAY JUNE 23 - Official U2 Concert After Party - 11:30 PM
www.facebook.com/events/102157307039317

Hope to see you all there!

Is there an age restriction? My friend bailed on me so I was going to bring my 7yr old niece to her first concert.

the forecast looks sucky to have the roof off for the show.

looks like the day that has the highest shot of having crappy thunderstorms.

i will be back by the soundboard with my wife in all likely hood.

Let's hope some of that Saturday weather moves in and we get a nice Friday night, warm and roof off! The sound in there will be noticeably better without the huge echo-dome on top bouncing and rattling everything around.

Come on TO weather!

I know i can prob find this info elsewhere, but i trust interference! What time will the GA gate open? Is is 3 hours before show time (so 4pm)?

According to the Box Office at Rogers, Gates 6 and 10 will open at 5pm, GA line-up not allowed before 10AM.

Let's hope some of that Saturday weather moves in and we get a nice Friday night, warm and roof off! The sound in there will be noticeably better without the huge echo-dome on top bouncing and rattling everything around.

Come on TO weather!
Roof open would be so much better. Fingers crossed!!

Come on TO weather!

things are looking a little better to have the largest risks end earlier.

wonder if the band would have to commit to on or off at some point to make sure they accommodate with the sound checks or whether they can just flip a switch and go from on mode to off mode.

I wonder if it's their call or Rogers ctr call on roof open?

i would say a combination of both. i do know that it was highly unusual back in 2011 for the roof to be off for both the 360 concerts in Toronto since the baseball season was done by them and they might have shut it down but it was also done at the last minute.

i recall going into the stadium and it was not open only to then open after.

but then again, it was unusually warm for Sept.

so if the rain has passed, i think that it will be U2's call. then again, the sun won't be setting until 9pm tonight but I guess that is no different than Cleveland and that will be outdoors rain or shine a few days from now.

it only takes about 20 minutes to open.

Back
Top Bottom