July 29, 2017 - Amsterdam NL - Amsterdam Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you guys also have 2 G entrances and 2 J entrances

Sent from my A0001 using U2 Interference mobile app

We have 4 times J , we did prefer G though,..... I wonder what would happen when we are at entrance G with our J tickets. :hmm:

I took ingang G, so not the extra 'veldplaats', did it change from G to zuid since yesterday?

I have no idea. I'll try no buy again later.

I had no clue about the difference between the GA tickets (except that they are from different sides, right?) and google traslates didn't help me about what the hell "veld staanplaats" means, hahaha.

So, the GA ticket is the ingang (just changing the sides), right?

Which entrance do you have on your ticket ?

Did you guys also have 2 G entrances and 2 J entrances

Damn it, tried to snag a GA tix but they were not available. I'll try again in general sale.

On a side note, which kind of GA ticket did you guys get? The "ingang zuid" or "ingang zuid veld staanplaats" ?

I have no idea. I'll try no buy again later.

I had no clue about the difference between the GA tickets (except that they are from different sides, right?) and google traslates didn't help me about what the hell "veld staanplaats" means, hahaha.

So, the GA ticket is the ingang (just changing the sides), right?

Ours says 'Ingang Zuid J Velt Staanplaats.'

No idea what it means :D Anyone know?

YEY, JUST GOT IT!

Ingag Zuid G, whatever this is, hahahah

I still don't have a clue about what Velt Staanplaats means. Asked my dutch friend, and he didn't know as well :lol:
There are (at least @ the NLOTH tour) 2 GA-entrances at the Amsterdam ArenA with sepperate lines (so make sure you are in the G line, and not the J one).
Veld staanplaats just means "field standing". As in, standing on the football pitch in the stadium.

Got 2 seating tickets myself, have to stand @ GA in Brussels 3 days later which is all my back can handle :D

Last edited:
YEY, JUST GOT IT!

Ingag Zuid G, whatever this is, hahahah

I still don't have a clue about what Velt Staanplaats means. Asked my dutch friend, and he didn't know as well :lol:

That's cause it's "Veld", which means field or pitch. Staanplaats = standing.

The Amsterdam ArenA has 2 entrances to the pitch at the south part of the stadium, G and J (the entrances are on alphabet). So you have to pick the right entrance line, J is the one on the side of the Decathlon/MediaMarkt, on to the train station. G is the other way, along the Perry Sport and onto the Ziggo Dome.

Question: my brother wants to subscribe to U2.com and wants to try and get tickets in the presales for the second Amsterdam show

But he doesn`t have a Visa Card, can he use mine?
Or will U2.com see it`s the same card used for the first Amsterdam presale show (got 4 tickets last week)

Thanks in advance!!!

U2.com isn't even getting to see the payment info, that's solely between the buyer and ticketmaster.
What matters is the code, which he will have to enter.
My code seems to be a magic key. Got three Berlin, two Amsterdam, two Brussels, and today two Amsterdam again.
Now waiting for the angry U2.com mail to come. :reject:

It's their own fault their coding system is faulty.. friend of mine had a code that wasn't striked through (already got four GA's on that for another show), so this morning she tested, and it worked. So we now have 4 GAs for Amsterdam 2 as well.

Meanwhile my own code had a line through it and immediately came up as faulty as I tried it on ticketmaster.

Question: my brother wants to subscribe to U2.com and wants to try and get tickets in the presales for the second Amsterdam show

But he doesn`t have a Visa Card, can he use mine?
Or will U2.com see it`s the same card used for the first Amsterdam presale show (got 4 tickets last week)

Thanks in advance!!!
Last tour I used the same creditcard to purchase 5 memberships (Yeah I wanted to be _that_ sure I would get it for every show I wanted to go to), I don't think they care how many memberships someone buys, just as long as you stick to the 4-ticket limit with each of your codes.

Using the code to purchase 8 tickets seems kinda dangerous Galeongirl, I hope your tickets don't bounce in a week or something crazy like that if they do somehow doublecheck the amount per code later. :( Then again at this point it seems like a mess, on one code I bought 4 tickets (the other one just 2) but neither of them has been striked through so far.

Last edited:
The extra tickets was me.
I don't think there's a way the tickets can become invalid. It's all print-at-home tickets which I already downloaded and printed. Except the third Berlin ticket I got for a friend, because German ticketmaster had only conventional tickets. Which has already been delivered.
I also think it's ticketmaster's problem. If their system doesn't work, they have to fix it. Don't blame the customer. But they have to make sure that those who had a code and didn't even get four tickets get some form of compensation.
At the IE tour you had to purchase through eventim for the Geman shows. And there, only mobile tickets were possible for GA. But the codes worked. I'm glad they changed that, because it completely excluded the independent ticket shops.

I'm not sure they are allowed to bounce. I paid for the tickets. It was a legit transaction. Not my fault their code system doesn't work with different ticketing companies. What if I had no idea I wasn't supposed to use it again, and just assumed I could? It'd be pretty mean if they cancelled the tickets then.

I didn't get print tickets, but they should be here by monday. I'll see then.

It's the company's problem. I'm not responsible for their systems to work. If my code doesn't work at all, they need to compensate me for it. If my code works better than planned, their loss. The risk lies with the business, not the customer.
I also don't think there is a way to "deactivate" a ticket. I don't even think they really monitor. Or if they do, they will fix it for the next time.

Back
Top Bottom