July 22, 2017 - Dublin IE - Croke Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will be there again! Last time was in '09 and it was a hell of a good, if not utterly exhausting, time.

Taking it slower this time.....going to have a few days in the countryside, maybe see some family i've never met, that sort of thing.

GA last time, but this time they aren't letting anyone under 14 on the pitch, so Cusack Lower 308, DD here we come.

Last edited:
Will be there again! Last time was in '09 and it was a hell of a good, if not utterly exhausting, time.

Taking it slower this time.....going to have a few days in the countryside, maybe see some family i've never met, that sort of thing.

GA last time, but this time they aren't letting anyone under 14 on the pitch, so Cusack Lower 308, DD this time.

Same here 2009 was an amazing experience. Got 3 ga's for pitch 2.

Cant wait

Ordered tickets from TM and they say they will arrive 7-10 days before the show. Is that normal??? We are in the states so that causes me much stress... we've already received tickets we ordered from TM for the Paris show on the 25th.

Yup, don't stress it. Came for me in plenty of time for '09. May come earlier than that.......things are a bit more relaxed over in IE ;)

Btw, i'm surprised this thread isn't more hopping than it is. Back in '09 we had separate threads for Croke 1, 2, and 3 and they were all very active.

Maybe 1 very in demand show has less people from NA that were able to get tickets. I knew of about 15 friends who all wanted to take a road trip for the show, and I was the only one out of that group to get tickets. I think people thought these would be easier to get than they have been. Just guessing though.

Really really looking forward to this trip again!

I'll be there! GA Pitch 1... accidentally let my U2 membership slip when I moved from US to Europe so I got in later presales after I figured that out. Oops! Still, I can't wait.

I received today an e-mail from ticketmaster saying that we should not queue before gate opening time.
anyone knows how well this recommandation is followed ?
We have pitch 2 GA's and I planed to go there around 3 pm ...:hmm:

I received today an e-mail from ticketmaster saying that we should not queue before gate opening time.

I remember queuing up around that time for the 360 croke dates but who knows with croke. The residents seem to kick up a massive fuss when there's a gig on

Great night in Temple Bar yesterday!
So many people wearing U2 T-Shirts, all different
Everton et very friendly, singing out loud in the pubs where U2 specials where organized
Can't wait for tonight !

There's really no need to get there that early, typically the locals don't turn up till much later, there is no gold circle and plenty of decent viewing points if you rock up at 6pm

On the previous 2 tours, Croke have allowed people to queue on the grounds, mostly to get people off the side streets, my guess is they'll do the same this time as well- just not very early!

There's really no need to get there that early, typically the locals don't turn up till much later, there is no gold circle and plenty of decent viewing points if you rock up at 6pm

On the previous 2 tours, Croke have allowed people to queue on the grounds, mostly to get people off the side streets, my guess is they'll do the same this time as well- just not very early!

Thank you for the answer
We won't hurry up then

I hope anyone who hadn't gotten tickets was able to snag some of the ones that Ticketmaster supposedly released at the last minute.

We rocked up at about 5.30pm in Pitch 2 and got a great position near the b stage for the start of the show then relocated behind the red zone for the rest of the night

Very fun show, and amazing atmosphere. Bummed there were no setlist shakeups, but the "home town" crowd was the best I've ever seen at a U2 show by a good amount. Was so fun to observe and be a part of.

Little Things is such a bad way to end the show. For a band that seems so sensitive to crowd reaction (ahem ASOH) I can't believe they are still ending with it. It's the most "...wtf, that's it?" Moment ever. Even MOS had a bit of a singalong going for people who didn't know the song. Just play one more song and end with IWF. That's what they did at LA1 and it was an awesome way to end. Meh, I digress.

Was there no setlist party here?? Lol

Amazing show again. I went to London 2 and I wouldn't actually say the croke show was any worse or any better then that. But the whole u2 Dublin experience is so good. Dublin goes u2 mad. Temple bar is probably the best place to drink on earth.

Was hoping for sort of homecoming and I thought they would play it but I really didn't want to see bad be thrown out for it so I was happy enough with bad.

Little things isn't a closing song but I really wanted to hear it so I wasn't to bothered it closed the show.

Proof again that beautiful day/elevation and vertigo go down as good as any other songs.

Back
Top Bottom