Zane Lowe Interview on Youtube Link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for the link!

Always been impressed and intrigued with Zane's interviews. Really enjoyed this one. They just ooze creativity and the pictures and landscapes they create in your mind with their words are beautiful.

They seem in such a great place, from what they've said they're happy performing this tour and i'm glad. Nice to hear from Bono the emphasis on whats to come, bigging up the forthcoming record.

Some of the stories about the JT tracks were brilliant, I was totally hooked from the first minute and didn't want it to end!

lovely interview! B-man is a typical artist/creative - the best ones always think their work is unfinished and can do better - that's what drives them to keep going :heart:

Thank you for the link!

No problem! I always appreciate and admire your positivity on this board.

As it turns out, I'm a critical person so I had mixed reactions to the interview. I always love to see new footage from the lads, but some of the tired stories and replies have been heard so many times.

Zane, to me, comes across as insincere and disingenuous. It's hard to place, exactly, but I think he exaggerates his fandom in order to garner favor. He called both Coldplay and U2 the biggest band in the world in their respective interviews (for a start). Maybe it's the brown-nosing that turns me off.

This may sound delusional, but sometimes I wish I could interview them. Someone has to dig deeper and ask more probing and less sycophantic questions.

I was also disappointed in Edge trotting out the line about the "sudden relevance" of JT. Even Bono and Edge seemed to contradict each other on this point. That, to me, also rings of dishonesty.

So, the interview had a lot of insincerity, IMO.

I did enjoy hearing about Bullet and Adam getting praised for the bassline (as well he should). I never knew that Eno thought so highly of it.

The other enjoyable bit was when they talked about Paul M. The band hasn't been the same since he left, IMO. Often regarded as the 5th member by some, they just aren't the same without his "steady hand". I do believe the iPhone debacle would have been handled better, for one thing. I'll never forget the moment I met him and shook his hand. He was watching from behind a gate near the floor and had such a look of pride on his face. The look was so heartfelt that I was in awe...that he could still get such satisfaction from it after all those years.

So, in short:

Insincere and stale = bad.

Honest and fresh = good.

;]

top post , the tripe they have talked about the reason of doing this tour is as nauseating as " this is a big place , but you and U2 are bigger than this place".

Zane has a way of coming across insincere

No problem! I always appreciate and admire your positivity on this board.

As it turns out, I'm a critical person so I had mixed reactions to the interview. I always love to see new footage from the lads, but some of the tired stories and replies have been heard so many times.

Zane, to me, comes across as insincere and disingenuous. It's hard to place, exactly, but I think he exaggerates his fandom in order to garner favor. He called both Coldplay and U2 the biggest band in the world in their respective interviews (for a start). Maybe it's the brown-nosing that turns me off.

This may sound delusional, but sometimes I wish I could interview them. Someone has to dig deeper and ask more probing and less sycophantic questions.

I was also disappointed in Edge trotting out the line about the "sudden relevance" of JT. Even Bono and Edge seemed to contradict each other on this point. That, to me, also rings of dishonesty.

So, the interview had a lot of insincerity, IMO.

I did enjoy hearing about Bullet and Adam getting praised for the bassline (as well he should). I never knew that Eno thought so highly of it.

The other enjoyable bit was when they talked about Paul M. The band hasn't been the same since he left, IMO. Often regarded as the 5th member by some, they just aren't the same without his "steady hand". I do believe the iPhone debacle would have been handled better, for one thing. I'll never forget the moment I met him and shook his hand. He was watching from behind a gate near the floor and had such a look of pride on his face. The look was so heartfelt that I was in awe...that he could still get such satisfaction from it after all those years.

So, in short:

Insincere and stale = bad.

Honest and fresh = good.

;]

How did Bono and Edge contradict each other?

Back
Top Bottom