Will U2 sell the remaining tickets to make this tour a complete sell out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All upper deck tickets are now 35 bucks in Pittsburgh.

Should've been that way from the get go. Clearly those seats aren't worth more than that, otherwise they'd have been bought. Now they need to actually ADVERTISE the fact.

And now I see that TM has opened another 1212 tickets for the Tampa show, in addition to the 631 already available.

It's hard to gauge these things with TM at the helm.

Those tickets are directly at the side of the stage so I'm presuming these have been opened up due to the stage layout not restricting these seats

Those tickets are directly at the side of the stage so I'm presuming these have been opened up due to the stage layout not restricting these seats

they are labeled as obstructed view. But damn, 35 bucks to see U2, and 70 for seats in the middle bowl. Not too shabby.

Not counting the "blocked off sections in PA" is cheating a little, but yeah, the tour is a success I'd say.

By U2 standards, anything that doesn't lose money ala POPMART should be considered a success.

I would also think this tour will be the top grossing tour this year, unless Metallica sells out everywhere.

Since you mentioned Metallica, i went and took a look how they were doing.
Yikes. I would say they maybe have 3 or 4 sellouts at this point.

San Antonio, Houston, Seattle, Phoenix and Orlando are about 3/4ths sold.

Denver about 60%
Miami is about 50% sold - and they are only using a little over half the stadium
Vancouver is SO bad, I would say they are about 40% sold there.

I would also think this tour will be the top grossing tour this year, unless Metallica sells out everywhere.

Since U2 are only doing 33 shows, there is a good chance it won't be the top grossing tour of the year. Metallica, Guns N Roses, and Coldplay are doing large scale tours this year. With Guns N Roses and Coldplay, its a continuation of a tour that started in 2016, but the number of 2017 dates scheduled is higher than U2's 33 dates. U2's tour is more of selection of shows rather than a full scale tour.

Loads more seats released for Pittsburgh. Looks like theve given up selling the top tier seats as they don't seem to be there anymore

Since U2 are only doing 33 shows, there is a good chance it won't be the top grossing tour of the year. Metallica, Guns N Roses, and Coldplay are doing large scale tours this year. With Guns N Roses and Coldplay, its a continuation of a tour that started in 2016, but the number of 2017 dates scheduled is higher than U2's 33 dates. U2's tour is more of selection of shows rather than a full scale tour.

Well, with 8 more US cities added that could put them on top.

Last edited:
well it looks like quite a few of the cheap seats they opened up for Pittsburgh are getting picked up. Still with the upper half of the top tier closed off, we are still lookin at about a 40k crowd.

Wow, did not see that coming. I guess Songs Of Experience album and that tour won't be coming for another year or so now.

Avoiding oversaturation alone would dictate that the SOE tour will not kick off until Fall 2018.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the album didn't arrive until next Fall and the resulting tour in the Spring of 2019 at this point.

So Pittsburgh isn't looking too shabby. Here are the remaining tickets.

They have closed off about 7000 tickets in the uppers. So Not sure what the total capacity is, but say it's 55,000, they would have 48k available and about a thousand or so unsold of those...
So conservatively they may hit around 45k in attendance.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the album didn't arrive until next Fall and the resulting tour in the Spring of 2019 at this point.

Yep, the album Songs Of Experience will probably come out in November 2018.

The EXPERIENCE and Innocence Tour will start in March 2019.

It will be considered a new tour with the slight title change and theme based more on experience rather than innocence. I hope this time though they do a full arena tour and go everywhere, 150 dates around the world.

Songs Of Ascent will come out probably in 2022 or 2023.

So Pittsburgh isn't looking too shabby. Here are the remaining tickets.

They have closed off about 7000 tickets in the uppers. So Not sure what the total capacity is, but say it's 55,000, they would have 48k available and about a thousand or so unsold of those...
So conservatively they may hit around 45k in attendance.

Although the boxscore may not be out for a while, we should be able to see video of the show by tomorrow. In fact, if some people have that "scope thing", people could be watching the show live tonight. So will soon see how the stadium looked in terms of being full/near sellout or not.

I wonder how the new shows like Buffalo, St. Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis, San Diego and Detroit will do. A lot of these cities have not been played by U2 since 2005 on the Vertigo Tour.

Last edited:
Although the boxscore may not be out for a while, we should be able to see video of the show by tomorrow. In fact, if some people have that "scope thing", people could be watching the show live tonight. So will soon see how the stadium looked in terms of being full/near sellout or not.

I wonder how the new shows like Buffalo, St. Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis, San Diego and Detroit will do. A lot of these cities have not been played by U2 since 2005 on the Vertigo Tour.
Not up on your tech there stinger, are we?

well it looks like quite a few of the cheap seats they opened up for Pittsburgh are getting picked up. Still with the upper half of the top tier closed off, we are still lookin at about a 40k crowd.

I read this morning that the upper tiers were covered in tarp and people reassigned to sit in the lower level.

They'd better save that tarp for the St Louis and Kansas City shows.

Perhaps some of the others too.

They should have put up 2-for-1's up on Groupon last night.

I read this morning that the upper tiers were covered in tarp and people reassigned to sit in the lower level.

I still think Pittsburgh will break the 50,000 mark. 7000 blocked off at the top, and about 1000 unsold from what i could see yesterday. If there is a 60 to 65k capacity, that's still a big number for them at a stop like this.

Yeah it will be interesting. St. Louis is sandwiched in between Kansas City and Indy, but they both have their own shows, so they won't be pulling from either of those metro areas. Probably will get people from Chicago area and even Memphis though. Such an odd decision to play all three of those cities.

I heard that BVS went up to the upper tier in Pittsburgh and told everyone to GTFO.

I still think Pittsburgh will break the 50,000 mark. 7000 blocked off at the top, and about 1000 unsold from what i could see yesterday. If there is a 60 to 65k capacity, that's still a big number for them at a stop like this.

I was at last nights show and would agree with your numbers.

Every review I've read from the press hasn't mentioned the empty seats but instead reported how good the show was and that 40k packed into the stadium .

I don't know if the 7,000 number that was blocked off in the upper deck is an official number or something, but based on the size of the upper deck, that seems a little low to me. If I had to guess, it would be closer to 10,000.

I dunno, based on the amount of unsold sections, if I had to guess, I wouldn't say anything more than 45,000 showed up.

I don't know if the 7,000 number that was blocked off in the upper deck is an official number or something, but based on the size of the upper deck, that seems a little low to me. If I had to guess, it would be closer to 10,000.

I dunno, based on the amount of unsold sections, if I had to guess, I wouldn't say anything more than 45,000 showed up.

It wasn't scientific, i just counted the number of rows blocked off multiplied by the seats in each row and multiplied that by the number of upper sections on each side. The back upper deck was not blocked off.

It wasn't scientific, i just counted the number of rows blocked off multiplied by the seats in each row and multiplied that by the number of upper sections on each side. The back upper deck was not blocked off.
BVS told them to GTFO

Only about 400 scattered upper deck seats open for Tampa, plus about 650 of the 1200 obstructed view seats that were opened up on Monday.
So my gut says Tampa is a sellout or 99% there by show day.

Kentucky still has a ton. Looks like about 4-5000 still open. So I think it will be a smaller crowd than Pittsburgh. The stadium has a 55k capacity, but that doesn't count the field/GA. So who knows, but lots of open seats at this one.l :huh:

Yeah, I was in the back upper deck. That seemed pretty packed to me. I was a little confused by which sections in the side upper deck were blocked out - I assume the corners had obstructed view reasons?

So, the capacity for the Kenny Chesney concert last year was 45,500. He sold 42,300 of those. And he was selling them for half price on Groupon for that show. Not joking.

Not sure what the seating chart looked like for him, but i would say there wouldn't be a ton more available tickets for U2. with 5,000 unsold, we're still looking at the lowest attended show of the tour.

Back
Top Bottom